PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding offers made to assist with Sprites

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123

We've had a number of people offering to assist with sprite creation, more or less since the site was opened. Whilst we appreciate the offers, we have to decline each one - and since this has been an ongoing thing, here's an announcement just to ensure that everyone knows, and these (very kind) offers cease. We already have an amazing spriter working on the necessary things, and whilst we are sorry it's going a little slow... Well, would you prefer they were done -right- or that they were rushed out? ;) Sadly, it can be very difficult for people to mimic styles which means that we're unfortunately unable to accept people's blind help. We have also had a few people throw sprites at us from other communities, such as Smogon. Once again, sincerely, thanks for offering assistance, but we can't use anything that isn't either licensed as free-to-use (like the Black/White sprites that we use for Gen 1 - 5) by the actual creators of Pokémon, or made by us (As in, the PF/PFQ staff-team) personally. So, once again, thanks for the very kind offers everyone, we sincerely appreciate them - but due to the fact we already have an amazing spriter working on them (This goes for the eggs as well - just be patient!), we're fully accounted for. We got dis. Fo' srs.
sløwpr0's Avatarsløwpr0
Take your time! I'd much rather see beautiful sprites in the long run!
Ozai's AvatarOzai
I like how slowpro commented first. Slow Bro... slow..... patience..... oh the irony. I love it. WONDERFUL work on the sprites btw. I thought they were official at first.
*forever searching for his Ninetails art in his own gallery black hole* Avatar is official art from Avatar the Last Airbender comic series.
Luna08's AvatarLuna08
what ever you have to do man just keep going though i find the artwork for the pokemon in the pokedex is awesome
Sesshømaru's AvatarSesshømaru
i'm just happy that the gen VI pokemon spriest are starting to come out! along with their awesome dex frome too! Namely that cute little Farokie and Fennekin! soooo awesome! some of the pokemon I have enter actually looked really cool!
Caramel Lyth's AvatarCaramel Lyth
Well, to be honest, I am kinda impatient waiting for the gen VI sprites and eggs to be finished.. but, so far, the sprites are great and I'm pretty sure all the users won't like a low-quality sprites, so.. take your time, PFQ Spriters~
I never knew sprites had to be licensed in order to use ;O; Either way, don't rush and keep up the good work! *A tiny bit off-topic, but why does Pumpkaboo have multiple sizes? Not that thats bad or anything, its interesting.
Kawanakajima's AvatarKawanakajima
It'd be worth the wait I think! Keep up the great work guys! :D @FluffytheJoltik, In the game Pumpkaboo have different sizes, ranging from Small to Jumbo Size..I'm glad they're keeping that with the sprites here! :D

This post contains one or more BBCode Errors and cannot be displayed properly.

Error: Unexpected [/quote] - no tags have been opened yet on line 2

If this is your post, please edit it to correct these errors. For now, the post will be shown raw, with no BBCode processing.

[css=background:url(http://i.imgur.com/6gXtTYh.png); min-height:250px; min-width:600px; max-height:250px; max-width:600px; background-repeat:no-repeat;][css=padding:15px 210px 0px 10px; color:white;][center] ~Under Construction~ [/center][/css][/css][/quote]
The sprites are pretty, but I feel like with some of them they don't match up to the style of the game... But they match the style of the other PokeFarm specific sprites, so I don't mind at all! If you do need help, I'm sure you'll ask. If you do, I'll be there for ya!
Void's AvatarVoid
Nightflower, the reason they don't ask for help is: 1) Copyright issues and 2) They are cappidle of doing it on there own 3) Think about how odd the sprites would look if they were done by a bunch of diffrent people.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page