PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Questions About Site Rules 2.0

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 123··· 111213

Methos's AvatarMethos
As the previous thread was both rather unwieldy and full of misleading information due to various rule updates, this is a brand new thread for asking for clarification regarding the site, trading, forum, and other rules. Please keep in mind that this thread is only for asking questions and receiving clarification. If you believe a rule should be changed or tweaked, please make a Suggestions thread with your reasons. Particularly good or common questions will be added to the posts here at the start of the thread. Rule updates will also be noted here.

The Most Recent Rule Update

March 16, 2024 The Type Race rules have been updated for clarity. The only change is allowing additional, specific items to be loaned or given away within a Type Race Team thread.
CHANGE LOG

February 08, 2024

Site Rules, Rule 5D: CAPS LOCK Adjusted to allow a small amount of CAPS, if the CAPS are only one line (as viewed on desktop) or two lines (if viewed on mobile) long. "As viewed by" refers to the person reading the post and how many lines the content takes on their screen. Trade Rules, Rule 11: Trade threads are single-use threads. Made it clearer that trade threads should not be used to host community trading centers or hubs.

January 25, 2024

Site Rules, Rule 8: Spoilers Added a link to the Spoiler Policy thread which displays the current spoiler embargos.

January 24, 2024

Site Rules, Rule 6: Art Usage Expanded the rule forbidding the use of AI-generated art on PokéFarm to the use of AI-generated content of any kind.

December 12, 2023

Site Rules, Rule 7: Legibility Removed hard requirements on font size, font type and contrast ratios between text and background colours.

May 3, 2023

Site Rules, Rule 14: Thread Conduct D. Posting YouTube Videos This rule, which previously forbid directly linking to YouTube videos, has now been removed. This was done to reflect the discontinuation of support for the [youtube] BBCode tag which allowed users to embed YouTube videos, as well as to reflect our offsite landing page.

April 10, 2023

Site Rules, Rule 3: Accounts E: Account Deactivation Site Rules, Rule 5: No SPAM A: No Begging Additional verbiage added to both rules to improve clarity. No changes to the actual rules or rule enforcement.

February 27, 2023

Site Rules, Rule 8: Spoilers A. New Pokémon Games New game spoilers will now remain embargoed on PokéFarm until the new Pokémon are added PokéFarm, OR until 6 months after the official release of the game, whichever comes first.

February 2, 2023

Site Rules, Rule 6: Art Usage D. AI-Generated Images Images created through use of AI-generation are not permitted to be used on PokéFarm. Due to the nature of their creation, there is no way to determine whether all artwork used by the AI to create the final image was obtained with the permission of the artist(s). This also applies to drawing and/or selling designs based off of AI-generated images. More information available here.

May 5, 2022

Site Rules, Rule 3: Accounts D. Account Details Updated to reflect the automated username change process announced here.

February 25, 2022

Site Rules, Rule 3: Accounts D. Account Details PokéFarm moderators do not have access to view your password information, and under no circumstances will request knowledge of your password. In the event your password is shared with anyone (other than a parent/guardian being aware of their minor child's password), or of any other account security breach, a moderator will manually reset your password, and you will need to select a new password on your next login.

February 4, 2022

Art Rules 8. Gachapon must include examples of your art. Each gacha tier must include at least one example of art, in order to demonstrate to your customers the general quality of art that they would receive if they purchase from you. Ideally, the example pieces should not be up for sale themselves, so that the artist retains all ownership rights.

January 27, 2022

Trade Rules 6. Off-Site Trading and Digital Goods (read carefully!). Trading PokéFarm digital goods for legal tender is not allowed. This refers to trading for PokéFarm items, currency, or Pokémon with other players by using real-life currency (including PayPal, other online currency transfer systems, or gift cards). Purchasing ZC from the site and using the ZC to trade is unaffected. You may only exchange PokéFarm digital goods for digital goods from other sites if the trade complies with the Terms of Service of the other site. You also perform such trades at your own risk. The ability of the Moderator Team to resolve issues with such trades is extremely limited. -PayPal: Per Paypal's Terms of Service, you are not allowed to ask your customers to pay the fees of a transaction, nor are you allowed to ask them to "send money to a friend" in exchange for a service or purchase. You may not use PayPal to trade with other players for PokéFarm digital goods.

January 3, 2022

• 7. Legibility B. Epilepsy Triggers PokéFarm does not allow the public posting of content that could potentially trigger life-threatening seizures in those with epilepsy or other seizure disorders, or migraines in other sensitive people.

October 9, 2021

• Type Race Rule #3: Players may now make congratulatory posts in TR threads without the posts being deleted as spam. Use of the upvote/thumbs-up is still encouraged.
  • Type Race Rule #4: Players who wish to give away Pokémon to their team members may post about this once in the TR thread; however, team members who want to take them up on their offer need to PM them instead of posting in the thread.
  • Type Race Rule #6: The TR thread host OR the TR raffle host may post once in the TR thread every 24 hours to advertise a team raffle.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
Methos's AvatarMethos
Reserved for questions about the general Site Rules.

Can I hold something down to click multiple times for me?

No. Unless you're using the built-in feeding shortcuts (see the Help/Controls button on your private Fields page), the rule is performing 1 action, for 1 click. This also means that the double-click function some mice have shouldn't be used either.

If PFQ is a British website and British laws apply, why does PFQ still have to comply with GDPR?

We still comply with GDPR in order to still do business in (have players living in) the European Union. Many countries also have a similar statute, but GDPR is the most well-known and the easiest to quote.
Methos's AvatarMethos
Reserved for questions about the Forum Rules.

I want to place another order in a shop where my last order is the most recent post, can I post again to order?

Not until someone else posts, or a full 48 hours have passed. Your best bet is to edit your previous post to add the new order, and (unless the shop owner has requested they not receive PMs) PM the shop owner to notify them of the updated order.

Question?

Answer
Methos's AvatarMethos
Reserved for questions about the Trade Rules.

I have a trade agreement with someone, but they're inactive. Can I cancel the trade agreement?

IF they have been inactive for a reasonable amount of time (you can add them to your VIP list to see how long they've been off the site, up to 7 days offline) and/or you had a pre-existing condition about how long they had to complete the trade (such as a rule clearly laid out in your Trade Shop, which also hopefully allows a reasonable amount of time), AND you've tried to communicate with them at least once, AND you send them a final (polite) communication stating that you are canceling the trade agreement due to inactivity, yes. It's not your fault they're not around, after all, but canceling trade agreements isn't something to be done lightly. If you're not sure whether you've waited long enough, you can PM a Moderator to make sure.

Do hunt slots break the rule about not offering to trade something you don't have?

No. A hunt slot is a reservation; effectively "If you hatch this, I would be interested in buying it for X." It becomes a trade agreement when the hunted Pokémon is hatched, at which time both parties have to agree to the trade to make it official.

Is reselling/flipping Pokémon or items allowed?

Qualified yes. Provided there's no scamming going on (deliberately being misleading about the value of the Pokémon or item), flipping/resale is allowed. Keep in mind, however, that some players don't like it and may choose not to sell to you again.

Can I make "No Reselling" a rule in my Trade Shop?

No. This would be a violation of Site Rule 2A, by telling someone they aren't allowed to do something with a Pokémon they now own. What you can do is say "If you buy from me and resell, I will not sell to you again." In other words, you have control over your actions, not theirs.
Methos's AvatarMethos
Reserved for questions about any other rules.

How can I use art made by my friend if they've never posted the art online to link to?

Have your friend give you written permission to use the art. Take a screenshot/upload an image of the permission, and link to the permission.

Question?

Answer
Methos's AvatarMethos

When CAN I post in a thread twice in a row?

• You can post freely in your Journal.
  • The thread's bump period has completely elapsed.
    • Trades/Trade Shops: 48 hours since the last bump.
    • Art/Art Shops: 48 hours since the last bump.
    • Battles/Gyms: 48 hours since the last bump.
    • Contests: 48 hours since the last bump.
    • Every other type of thread: 1 week since the last bump.
  • You own the Trade, Trade Shop, Art, or Art Shop thread and you are making an important announcement bump. Think carefully about whether your announcement is important enough to use up your free bump, because you'll need to wait the full bump period afterward before you can bump again!
  • You are setting up a Trade Shop, Art Shop, Clan, or Contest application thread and want to reserve multiple posts on the first page of the thread.
  • You are adding more information to a Bug report or a Player Report.
The following are not valid reasons to post multiple times in a row:
  • Responding to multiple players in the same thread (unless the bump period has completely elapsed).
  • Posting multiple orders in the same Trade Shop or Art Shop (unless the bump period has completely elapsed).
  • Reserving posts in a Trade Shop, Art Shop, Clan, or Contest application thread other than on the first page of the thread.
Viky-ivy's AvatarViky-ivy
Hi, I need some clarification on the site rules. I recently created this account and my partner wanted to create his own. I was wondering if since we share the same ip address there was a risk that my account was closed
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam

QUOTE originally posted by Viky-ivy

Hi, I need some clarification on the site rules. I recently created this account and my partner wanted to create his own. I was wondering if since we share the same ip address there was a risk that my account was closed
There's always rumors about this kind of thing and people tend to put stuff about it in their trainer card, but tbh there's no reason to be concerned. Staff won't reveal exactly how they catch multi-account users (it would make the measurers easier to get around), but it is more nuanced than just looking at IP addresses. I'm pretty sure some people, like siblings, even share the same PC without problem. So, in summary: Your partner can make an account, and as long as you both stick to your own accounts it'll be fine. You don't need to put a notice in your trainer card/about/etc.
StaticM's AvatarStaticM
Hey, I had a question about avatar art use. I'm using a picture I found on google, but I made sure to say "it's not my art, I found it on google, give credit to whoever made it" in my forum signature and my profile, but is it still rude or against the rules to use it? I don't want to offend anyone or make the original artist mad or upset(I've had my art recolored and stolen before, I don't get that mad because to me it's a sign of flattery, but I can see why other people would get really mad about it) So, um, if someone could tell me what I should do about this I really don't want to break the rules.
pfp belongs to me
Gilded's AvatarGilded
From the rules under "Art Usage":

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Players may not use "random images found using Google Search".
You need to 1) know who the artist is and credit them by name/username, and 2) be able to provide proof that you have permission to use the art from that artist or that they have stated that the art piece is free to use This is the proper etiquette to use other people's art everywhere online, not just PFQ. Otherwise, it is considered art theft This post might help you ^^
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ┊ it/they/he ┊ ┊ pfp by box ┊ ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Pages: 123··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page