PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Questions About Site Rules 2.0

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 1234567··· 111213

x Arlecchinø's Avatarx Arlecchinø
Hello yes I have a question: Is it okay to use spritesheets with inappropiate things in them, as long as i use an appropiate sprite? (referring to Selever from FNF's Mid-fight Masses, to be specific)
cy/fev. he/they pronouns. find me at @scorkaji on discord if you need me
King's Shield

King's Shield

Forme-Change Item

(: 0)

A mysterious shield that enervates attackers. Aegislash could make good use of this.

Sells for 500

Lv. 100 — +8,986,920
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
ElectricDark
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
Lv. 100 — +10,567,251
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
DarkFlying
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
Lv. 100 — +4,680,087
Aspear EggAspear Egg
Aspear Egg (SOUR)
Cheri EggCheri Egg
Cheri Egg (SPICY)
Chesto EggChesto Egg
Chesto Egg (DRY)
Pecha EggPecha Egg
Pecha Egg (SWEET)
Rawst EggRawst Egg
Rawst Egg (BITTER)
Fairy
Happiness 27%
Impish nature

avatar from Hazbin Hotel s1e8 pkmnpanel code
Cele's AvatarCele
That's fine, just keep the used portion of the content appropriate and you're good to go!
sig code and sig bg image made by me
alrighty, so, question i've had for a while: what youtubers are considered "official sources" aand which ones are not? for example, the source of this image is by youtuber sandwichingaround, who you probably have not heard of, but still hs 300k subscribers, which is a pretty decent amount! however, if you were to search them on youtube, they would probably be the first thing to pop up. but saying all youtubers are fine would make an issue- if i used an image by user123 with 4 subscribers, that would certainly not be an officail source. so where is the line drawn?
Cele's AvatarCele
It's more about "who originally created the content," not popularity. For example, if sandwichingaround uses these in their video, but it turns out they were actually originally modelled and recorded by user123, then user123 gets the credit. After all, sandwichingaround only used what already existed. If user123 modeled them and sandwichingaround was responsible for animating and recording the scene, then credits would be required for both. After all, at that point it's a collaborative effort for that final clip to exist. So, it's context-dependent on what was required for the pieces to exist.
ahh- i don't know if sanwichingaround credits their models - i'll look in their description. I meant primarily for using stuff like memes from Jaidennimations and less popular youtubers like Kitty chanel afnan or blackie sootfur (do not actually plan on making memes from these, just examples) update: they do!
Cele's AvatarCele
Just make sure they're also okay with you editing their stuff~
ah, no. that's on top of the "official source" question i've had- sandwichingaround may be small in youtuber terms, but doesn't nessecarily have the time to reply to every comment. this is what i meant by a certian subscriber threshold - at what point do i need to not get permission or able use it in the meme thread (because of the 'official source' rule) and write it as an official source?
Cele's AvatarCele
They're a private individual who is a YouTuber and who has and makes these things, correct? This would still be subject to requiring permissions. By "official source," we mean like official FNAF content itself, for example. Video games, music album art, published books, television series, etc. From what I'm understanding, what they're doing is more of a large-scale fanmade kind of thing?
yeah! in this example it is - but bigger youtubers like Jaiden Animations, and even slightly less but still popular animation memers (who, from the 4 examples i googled, have a lower end of 600k subs and a higher end 1.4m, which isn't a big sample size) sandwhichingaround was an example i could readily make a meme of. sorry for if this is causing any conflict, but honestly the biggest one i will probably end up using is Jaiden, who isn't very source-defined (minus her nuzlocke videos) and is a very large channel. /g
Cele's AvatarCele
Yeah, I gotcha. They don't own the official FNAF series copyright or have contracted rights/licensing to make official content, but they created FNAF content, so that's a work of fanart regardless of its popularity. It's required to get their permission to use those fanart creations. Much the same with Jaiden Animations. She's an independent artist making her own animated content, like the Nuzlocke animations. She doesn't own the Pokemon series or have rights/licensing either. Permission is also required here. You wouldn't have to ask to make memes on, say, official Pokemon screenshots. They own the series, it's official. You wouldn't have to ask to make memes on Pokemon GO, they have rights to make Pokemon content because they contracted with Nintendo, The Pokemon Company, GameFreak, whoever's in charge of that stuff. That's also official. I hope that clears it up.

Pages: 1234567··· 111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page