PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Can't change site skin background?

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Rumblethumps's AvatarRumblethumps
Hi there! I used to be here all the time, but I went inactive for a while and have only just now logged in for the first time in a few years. I used to be pretty savvy around here, but I forgot how to do just about everything now, which leads me to my question, lol. Before I went inactive, for some reason I thought it was a good idea to make a custom site skin using a background image that's so bright that I can only look at my screen for about 15 seconds at a time. Seriously, every time a page loads, it feels like I've been flashbanged. Since I don't want to have to get out my sunglasses every time I log on, I went to change it, but none of the images I try to change it to work. Can anyone tell me the specifics/requirements for site skin background images? Do they have to be a certain size/file type? My eyes thank you!
Tarashia's AvatarTarashia
Every time you update your site skin, you need to clear your browser's cache (not cookies). Try that and see if it works? If you're making many changes and want to quickly test between each one, on Windows computers you can press Ctrl+F5 to reload without cache. Once you're done though I still recommend clearing the whole cache or else some pages may still show some of the old settings.
I tried it just now, but it still won't load the new image and keeps going to the default green. (which is much better than the laser colors I had before, at least! Lol) I made the last one by pasting in an imgur link to the image, so that's what I've been trying this time, but do imgur links not work anymore or something?
Tarashia's AvatarTarashia
They may have disabled hotlinking, your avatar appears to be broken too, at least to me. Try the PFQ built-in uploader instead? (For your avatar, you'll need to follow the art permission rules, but skins are a lot more flexible provided you don't share them) https://pokefarm.com/upload Edit: I just noticed your art permission in your signature, sorry
It worked! Excellent! Goes to show how long I was gone, lol. Thanks for your help, I'll fix my avatar soon too!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page