PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

reminder to use a new shiny charm

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 1234

Ashe Moon's AvatarAshe Moon
bump

Ashe | She/Her | 32

Selling everything in my visible fields :3
Ashe's Emporium (shop) Art shopTHdAcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Art shop Banner @MochaFox pfq Signature Pagedoll drawn by @AsheMoon Images next to the shop banner @AsheMoon Divider @ dA f2u Profile picture @Swampamus
SakuraWolf23's AvatarSakuraWolf23
Support! I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to apply it. Half the time, I don't mind. But there have been a few times where it, Uber, or Hypermode has poofed in the middle of a bonus day or PKRS, and I don't notice for several minutes, or worse, several hours. Having a reminder would be so very helpful!
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
bump
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
If I remember correctly, this was one of the things that custom notifications were made to address. I feel like the current custom notification system works just fine for shiny charm reminders, considering the hunt-by-hunt nature of shiny charm usage farm -> options -> notifications. Very easy to set up and repeat.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Leacky's AvatarLeacky
@Morzone: The main (but not only - see the later part of my post) problem with this solution is that the custom notifications are one-time-only. There's currently no way to set them so they automatically repeat, let's say, daily and always at the same time. You need to constantly add a new notification every day for the next day. "But you can add several of them in bulk in one go" you may say. But the thing is that it's not a completely viable option either - if on one day you open PFQ later than usual (because you've been busy with something) and activate your charm later than normal then on the next day you'll have your notification pop up way earlier than you need it to and you either dismiss it (by opening the relevant page) or will have to ignore it and it's very likely you'll ultimately forget about using a new charm in both cases. And to prevent this from happening you'd have to edit all the notifications you already made. Yeah, that doesn't sound that good now, am I right? While I'm not actively playing right now there were many (waaay too many) instances when I hatched a party or two without realising my Charm had already died. And before somebody says that's just a "me" problem - well, I'm pretty sure all Melan hunters who are using their Shiny Charms daily would appreciate this addition. It would save them some stress at these occasions (because, you know, "it was just one party of Eggs but what if one of them would hatch as a Melan if I just used that Shiny Charm on time?")
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
I'm back! *My new Shop*

QUOTE originally posted by Morzone

If I remember correctly, this was one of the things that custom notifications were made to address. I feel like the current custom notification system works just fine for shiny charm reminders, considering the hunt-by-hunt nature of shiny charm usage farm -> options -> notifications. Very easy to set up and repeat.
This might be a solution, I don't know cause I cant use this notifications on my mobile phone. I am only playing on my phone and I don't think I am the only one. (no clue if you can use it on other browsers 🤷🏼‍♀️) but that's not the point of this thread^^ And after reading Leacky's comment it doesn't sound like a good solution/option.. I was hoping to inspire the pfq team to make a reminder like for the albino radar, which is popping up as soon as you have to recharge it. So maybe someday xD
bump
bump
bump
Melia's AvatarMelia
Full support! The amount of times I hatched several parties without realizing that I didn't have an active shiny charm is too high.
Melia ✦ Inactive 「 Star searing flames of absolution! 」
credit
Background is official art from Xenoblade Chronicles Avatar made for me by sherrie F2U code by Gumshoe

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page