PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Rework Tournaments for accessibility & practical purposes

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123··· 6789

furina's Avatarfurina
A user messaged me to share their thoughts with me. They've requested to stay anonymous. This is their suggestion:

QUOTE originally posted by Someone

Instead of tournament tokens only being acquirable via tournaments, allow for other events to reward them, maybe for the top 10% of entries in the contest and additional reward is 1 current season token for each % (10% gets one, 9 gets 2, etc) up to all 10 at top 1%. Then move new egg distribution to LAST 4 weeks of the season (so 2 chances to get the new egg) so users who can't get top 100 have most (if not all) tokens to get the egg(s) they might need
I'd love to hear more thoughts from people about this entire Tournament discussion, especially from Staff if possible!
forum avatar is furina from genshin impact
Eveningkind's AvatarEveningkind
I think adding in alternative ways to earn tokens is a really interesting idea, and it's not one that I had considered before. It would definitely boost the amount of work people put into their contest entries and might help the gp economy as well (which is a whole separate issue haha). I support that idea for sure!
✞ Ev ✞ ✞ They/Them ✞ Journal Shop Collecting
Fightinium Fragment

Fightinium Fragment

Z-Crystal

(: 0)

A fragment of Fightinium Z. Collect enough of these to trade in for a full Z-Crystal.

Sells for 100

Lv. 100 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dark
Happiness MAX
Jolly nature
credits
BackgroundCode ✦ Forum Icon made by TheMetalHiro! This signature is custom made for @Eveningkind and is not free to use.
saberia12's Avatarsaberia12
huge support do you know how fustrating it is to be doing everything you can possible do even be up at the crack of dawn with next to no sleep and never place in the 100 + top area? yeah i get a lot of you saying that im not working hard enough or i dont have this that or the other but the case in point stands the tourneys need a HUGE update no limted to but including letting the people that havent placed once have an advantage! dude we get it you are good at these but give us who havent tried a break making the eggs less expensive and re tiering the prize shop. some prizes really arent worth what we are being asked to pay for them ie as they like never show up! make it more fair take out the berry and the sour tourneys if you must have the sour ones make it most number of missions and not what they bring back as that is totally unfair unless we get the ability to send our mon out to look for specfic stuff. make it so that after you get in the top 100 for x number of times in a row unless its an egg you dont have you place there but someone of your choice also gets an egg. honestly ppl need to share the love more here!
ProfilePic: made by me for me alone. Aka Credit saberia12 08/29/2021 Collecting for a future hunt
× 5 / 500
AutumnCoffee's AvatarAutumnCoffee
I think the scour tourney in particular bothers me, because tourneys are supposed to be fun and this one isn't. But I don't think number of missions rather than what they bring back would change much, as its still just about being able to log in once every hour. Other tourneys you can be on for a couple of hours and put max effort in and still do well. Scours if you work a full day, sleep a full night there's no way to maximise the time you can play. If that makes sense? At least the berry tourney has some strategy to it, which can be fun, and you can figure out what works best for you. scours is just one method, with no strategy or different ways of taking part Just my thoughts from this time round where I havent been working full time away from home compared to last time and I can see the difference. I still drop out the leaderboards when I sleep or run errands but its still boring as tourneys go.
UFT and Free Fields
Score: 1320
Thunderjaw's AvatarThunderjaw
It's never been a secret I dislike the tournaments, but if there were alternate ways of getting the tokens, or reduced costs of the egg prices, I'd be a lot more happier about the Tournaments in general. Especially this week was stress for me. I slept a full day's worth of sleep only, but still didn't last. The tournaments can be decent, but the Scours tournament shouldn't be around. It's litterly not healthy to stay online all day and it's very unforgiving once you miss a few hours, very much the opposite of say egg's challenges. I'd say reduce the egg costs of tokens to 5 or 6, so that we can get both eggs with just the max points. But I also like the idea of giving people the time to get tokens and making the exclusive eggs the last few weeks.
Useful links: Journal: The Thunderclaw Follow me on these too if you'd like to know me! Youtube: CommandoReptilio Twitch: CommandoReptilio Instagram: GeckoCommander
art by Shadowfeathers of Thunderjaws OC Steve, edited by MossDragon for Thunderjaw's use only
Shyvana's AvatarShyvana
Full support for reworking Tournaments. In their current state, they're not fun. They're just a road block to Arceus that double as a punishment for people already holding that rank if they don't meet the grind goal. If they don't grind, they have to spend to get that rank back. They need to buy tokens and an egg pass so they don't break their chain. During the early days of Tournaments, that's an expensive order. Also, can we talk about how annoying Tokens are in their current state? The fact that they expire and older tokens can't be used to get new prizes feels like it's designed to force people to keep coming back to participate.
I purchased this awsome melan bait avatar from Cryst in their shop with permission to use.
SakuraWolf23's AvatarSakuraWolf23
I so agree with the removing of the Scour one. The first week of this last Season was Scours. And although losing Arceus now just lowers your Melan chance instead of completely removing it, I didn't want to miss out on even one Melan. So I set a timer, and did my Scours every hour. I already have problems sleeping (I will go to bed, wake up an hour later, take 10-30 minutes to fall back asleep, and then do that 2-5 more times), but I continued to get up every hour for the first three days of the Tourney. Once I was certain I would stay in top 100, I started skipping times during the night. Berries aren't as bad. You don't have to spend as much time on them as Scours. With this Berry Garden Guide, you can plant, set a timer to water before damp, and then go back to sleep. I would love to see new tasks soon! Things like...*looks* Heh. Only possibilites I can see at a quick glance are: -Win Spars -Make Wonder Trades -Earn Gems With the ever-growing number of players, it does make sense to extend the Leaderboard to, let's say 150 for now. It provides less stress and higher chances for unlucky/life got me busy players. I know it's our choice to lose sleep/spend resources on this, but when one considers what we lose if we don't. The current season cost being lowered and the Fakemon being instantly breedable at a super low chance would also be very helpful. Sometimes, I've loved one so much that I wanted to hunt it, but I rarely have over 5k GP at one time. This makes the new mon easier obtainable, but still difficult/resource costly. In order to make it less draining on people, what if there were Seasonal Tournaments? Example. January through March, we had normal tournaments, where you won a new Fakemon egg. From April to June, the Berry Harvesting season gave rewards of Milcery Sweets, Nectars, Mulch, Flower accessories, etc. From July to September, Fishing season gave rewards of CS Magikarp, Bait, Summer Themed costumes, etc. And October to December, the Gift-giving season, gave Scour Boosts, Egg Passes, Egg Supplier Passes, Trade Slots, etc. Rewards could now be scaled based on participation. Such as one point gets one item, 100 points gets 5 items, etc. This way everyone gets rewarded based on the amount of work they choose to put in. This way, Arceus hunters can relax for most of the year. Spriters/Artists can focus on recolors and not have as much on their plate. Slightly easier to obtain costly items, and would not decrease the value for long, as, for the most part, people will always be needing these items. Look at Sweethearts. 100 Credits during February. Can go all the way up to 5k by the time January rolls around.
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
You won me with the title alone, reading Colorful's post was even more encouragement. I support changes to the tournaments, pretty much no matter what. The tournament I mostly have an issue with is the Scouring one.

QUOTE originally posted by Colorful

There are 144 hours (approximately) an a tournament. In order to maintain the leaderboard (if it's got a new egg as the prize that is), you need to be scouring for almost every single one of these hours. That's 7 days without rest...
This also doesn't take into account users that work, or go to school, or don't have access to the internet 24/7, etc. A few years ago when I wasn't working or going to school and went pretty much full-bore into PFQ. That is, I (pretty much) did nothing else. All I cared about was getting my clicks in and keeping up my site activity. I completely rearranged my sleep schedule to better line up with PFQ (which is 7-8 hours ahead of me) The "daily backup" kicked in around 2 or 3am my time, depending on whether I was on daylight savings or not, and during a tournament I'd stay up until daily backup started just to participate as much as possible and try and get ahead in the few hours before the site "locked down". We shouldn't be expecting users to compromise their sleep/health for the sake of an eggdex
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
I honestly agree with this 100% I can't keep up with the tournaments I've been on here two years and I can't reach Arceus rank because of all of the new egg dexs that are being added to this and it's honestly driving me crazy and if you want to buy another egg if you don't reach the top 100 you have to spend 12 tokens on the eggs, what about those eggs you missed the last couple of seasons? Those are four tokens a piece unless you already unlocked it then buying another one for those who want the full line of these fakemons cost you 80gp for each egg you buy not everyone can afford that like newbies or someone like myself I can't always spend 80gp on 1 egg to complete the line of that specific fakemon it's annoying that should be cut down to have people actually afford to to maybe 5-10gp so it's not crazy expensive for people who need the goldpoke for other things.
Pfp from Pfq
muffi's Avatarmuffi
i think in regard of losing arceus rank it might help to simply give a bigger grace periode before the new eggs counts towards the arceus rank requirements. this would mean to compareable on how the tournament pokemon become only breedable after a new season starts, just only let the new eggs count after either a new season starts, or they are given out for the second/last round of being a top100 price. that way the pokedex entries stay relevant and a challenge, but can also be aquired by trading, whilst that isnt possible about the eggs, and people could do the tournaments for the joy of it and not cause they feel urged into it to keep their actual farming ongoing.
Made by popcorn8784
0/5000
Looking for jolly:
Ariados/Spinarak
Golisopod/Wimpod
Pinsir
Vikavolt/Charjabug/Grubbin
Araquanid/Dewpider

Pages: 123··· 6789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page