PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Slug Manuscripts

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff >

Pages: 12345

Tyler's AvatarTyler
Y'know that feeling when you need to be productive but then you get distracted and make a tiny jellyfish? Anyway, I've been getting back into blender. I'm still very new to the program and super unfamiliar with how to use it but I managed to make a low poly bird monster guy. Won't post the full model just cause he might be a bit too spooky but here's an early WIP from him:

Model

He's fully rigged and I managed to animate him and everything! Pretty happy with how it turned out.
icon + sig art by me he/him
Tyler's AvatarTyler
Roar. Trying to get back into making pixel art, since I took quite a long break from it. It's hard to come up with ideas though. I think at least half of all art I make is of slugma.
Tyler's AvatarTyler
oh man, I've been watching Adventure Time recently. I was pretty into it a long time ago, but that was back in... 2012? ish? I stopped watching cause I got pretty bad real-life associations with it. Now I'm finally trying to finish the series. Let me just say... Skyhooks II was excellent.

possible spoiler art for Skyhooks II if you haven't seen it

Also, a friend of a friend introduced me to this really cool tool that lets me hook up my pixel art program to blender. Here's a quick, silly, boxy bee I made while testing it!

large bee

Yes, I used the default cube, I just wanted to get to the texture part so I could test the tool :p
Tyler's AvatarTyler
Working on a game jam!! Super excited, it's gonna be a lot of fun. I'm mostly just handling the art while Jared and his friend do the coding. I made five 3d models and a handful of sprites today, and tomorrow they're going to start coding! The game we're making is based on a game in my dream about a year ago. It's keeping the same very limited colors and gameplay mechanics, but we're adding a lot of stuff that I hope will make it even better. The sprite above is one I made for funsies using the game's colors, and I miiiight convince the team to include it as an easter egg :p
Tyler's AvatarTyler

spoilers for Inscryption!

are you sure??

Made a lil friend. Yes he's awful but he's also my boyfriend <3
In other news, the game jam is going really well! It's starting to look how I imagined. There's not exactly any gameplay or interactivity yet but that's okay! We've got time.
Tyler's AvatarTyler
I can't upload the animation as it includes flashing static that is likely a bit too fast/random to be safe, but I was commissioned to design a computer villain by a friend of mine! (In the animated version, the two tiny monitors bounce very slightly, and the face on screen is overtaken by static and made to resemble a skull.) It started off as a little ms paint doodle and then once he'd approved the base design, I remade it in aseprite. I'm fairly happy with how it turned out, all things considered. Fun fact, my computer has been having issues recently and *right* at the end of making this, it decided I no longer needed the ability to click anything, and the whole computer began to freeze. I just *barely* managed to save before it rebooted. Whew.
Tyler's AvatarTyler
Had some scary health moments this past week, but I've been trying to keep in high spirits by crafting.

Clown Sloth

I thrifted a plush sloth, made him a new face out of clay, painted it, and bam. Here he is! I've given him to my partner Jared as a Valentines gift. I'm not super great with painting yet but that's okay. I'm still pretty pleased with how he came out. I've also made design concepts to make more.

design concepts

They may be a bit too complex for my skill level with painting, but we'll see.
Tyler's AvatarTyler
here's a sprite I made for a friend's game in other news, we're finally playing a new DnD campaign! it's Princes of the Apocalypse and oh man I'm having so much fun.
Tyler's AvatarTyler
Whoa, promotion time! I'm no longer a mod-in-training! <3
Tyler's AvatarTyler
Moving in with my partner has overall been a nice change but damn… I miss fiber internet. I’ve also been too busy and stressed to do any art… Hopefully as I get more and more settled in, that will change!

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page