PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny odds

Forum Index > Core > Help >

HanaMochii's AvatarHanaMochii
So I just got my Pokeradar and I had a question I know the percentage but what are the odds at the long chain bonus? (ex=1/10) If you don't know the exact odds you could just estimate!!
This child needs levels 😌
Lv. 41 — 1,227 / 5,167
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Rock
Happiness 27%
Quiet nature
Type race pts - 402
Mareep's AvatarMareep
We can only estimate, since the base odds are kept secret. The reason for that is that a lot of people don't quite understand how odds work and would get extremely frustrated if 1/50 odds didn't give them a shiny every 50 eggs. I've never done a shiny hunt without HM, but the rough odds seem to be 1/500 - 1/700 for a 38+ chain. Sometimes you get more lucky and have a shorter chain, sometimes you have to hatch more eggs. The long chain bonus does not increase your shiny odds, but your chances to hatch a melanistic pokemon, so a pokemon that is both a shiny and an albino. The % you can see is the boost to your odds, not the odds itself. That means a boost of 10% does not mean 1/10 pokemon are melans. It means that if your chances of hatching a melan are 1/2,500, a 10% boost means 1.1/2,500 or 1/2,273. It is very rare for non-HM-users to hatch melans, but it does happen. With that little data it's really hard to give you a 1/X number, but it's probably in the 5-digit range
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
HanaMochii's AvatarHanaMochii
Then thats gonna be hard, VERY hard Cause I'm too broke for HM ;-; Thank you for your response though :)

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page