PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Stripe payment descriptor update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Once again someone has made a bunch of purchases and then disputed them as fraudulent because they don't recognise them. In an attempt to make payments made to PFQ more recognisable, they will now show as "POKEFARM.COM" on all future card statements.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
:/ whilst this is a good thing Niet, it's always helpful to be able to say without a doubt what is and isn't pfq stuff, this smacks of intentional tbh... basically a chargeback because they didn't want to actually pay for stuff. I guess it's better to assume ignorance but if it was on purpose, it'd be hard to say this will help. edit: oh yeah of course this sucks, sorry to hear it. people...
Avvy by SimonPetrikov
Anycade1's AvatarAnycade1
they pro used their mothers credit card XD
Selitha's AvatarSelitha
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ) I played a game called Chaos Drive once that was absolutely amazing, and I loved it, up until everyone started making huge purchases and disputing them. We're talking thousands of dollars dropped into the game, content received, then full refund issued. It destroyed the whole game. Worst part was, I was in the top guild, I dropped $5k on that game over the 2 years I played, never asked for a single refund, but my guild mates were all doing the refund scam to keep us top guild. They ruined it like that. Scammers absolutely suck.
Preferred title and pronouns: Dude, they/them Check out my Nature-Sorted Adoption Agency for a ton of Free Fields!
Credits to EeveeBailey
Profile pic taken by myself of our resident wizard, Gandalf the Grey.
StuckInLimb0's AvatarStuckInLimb0
same goes for genshin impact at the moment thankfully people are getting charged for it now with getting negative primogems if they dispute purchases too often
"Hush, cry a river. Your soul is mine. These shackles cannot keep me, for I am Divine." 🃏 Limbo's Art Hole 🃏 PWYW Adopts (One Left!) 🃏
62/500 Hyperspace Rings for Devilsknife
13/497 Ancient Drives for Pipis
Wrathion's AvatarWrathion
Yeah, it’s unfortunately far more likely the person is attempting to scam you rather than not recognizing the payments. And, frankly, I imagine it’s not going to stop with them. And posting the information that people are doing it, might give more dishonest people the idea that they can too.
feyral's Avatarfeyral
There are so many possibilities beside them being a purposeful scammer, and I'm disheartened to see the worst being assumed about the situation. Many children play this game, as constantly reminded to us by staff, and because of that there are so many ways to explain what has happened without it being a purposeful and evil action taken by a user.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Yeah... I don't know where everyone got the "intentional scam" thing from. Changing the descriptor to be more recognisable isn't a solution to scammers, it's a solution to parents not knowing what a charge on their card is XD
Paula's AvatarPaula
I've had this happen (me not recognizing the charges on other places), I never had to dispute because eventually I mapped what it was to the amount. But good descriptors are important! Thanks for fixing it :)
This is my shop - I am selling everything due to hiatus.
InkedFoxtrot's AvatarInkedFoxtrot
Edit: In light of Voide's post, I deleted my post explaining how it happens. Don't want to give people ideas. Sorry about the now blank post, Niet. >_<
Growlithe avatar provided by PK/pkism from their art thread here.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page