PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Being able to make 90%+ pairs from the Shelter randomly ?

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Aligatueur's AvatarAligatueur
Hi. It's a weird title I know, and I hope it'll be my last time asking help about breeding here T-T Here's my situation : I'm trying to make 90%+ pairs for my future hunts. So I ask for help, i check free fields etc. It works well. I THINK I know how breeding pairs works now. I need two different OT, not mine for making a 90%+ pair, no problem. But here a weird situation. Here's my Aggron pair : https://pokefarm.com/summary/Ysb7R https://pokefarm.com/summary/4CvGH The first is a gift, so not my OT. Np. The second one is adopted from the Shelter, so my OT. So it should be in the 70% breeding pair range. But no, 94% breeding base rate. I'd like to know if it's really random or there's a factor i'm not aware of that can make Pokemon you adopt giving you 90%+ pairs. I've tried with some other adoptions and got the 70%+ as planned. Any help ? Thanks o/
FatalDubstep's AvatarFatalDubstep
The reason behind this (at least the reason I think), is that technically the OT of the aggron is Mayie, and not naeriie. In other words, in releasing the aggron, naeriie didn't make the OT become the person who adopted the pokemon, since they were never the OT to begin with. I don't know if this is the actual reason, but I have found that this also works for pokemon that have been adopted from the shelter and re-released, resulting in the pokemon having the OT of the person who first adopted it, and not you.
Avatar made by SaltyUwU for my use only :D My precious melans:
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
A breakdown of this situation (for the second one) is provided in this guide: As FatalDubstep said, the pokemon has a boosted breeding chance because you're not the OT ^^ It's not random!
"I'll devote my body and soul to following after you, Mr. Edgeworth!"
Chicken 🌻 24 they/them Shop Journal F2U Art
Thanks for the answer, but i'm still confused : Before posting this, i've read the guide ofc. And i apply this rule from it

*Pokemon adopted from the Shelter have been 'released' and their OT resets. When you adopt it from the Shelter, YOU become the new OT.
So why it'd be different here because it has been traded before being released ? Thanks o/
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I believe that only applies to pokemon that have not been traded before released. If someone hatches and immediately released the pokemon, and you adopt it, you're now the OT. If someone hatches a pokemon, trades it, releases it, and you adopt it, the hatcher is the OT. It's just how the system works! Can't tell ya exactly why, ask Niet, lol. I just don't think the guide makes it very clear that that specific excerpt is overwritten if the pokemon is traded and is not applicable to traded pokemon. The trading rule overwrites the release/adoption rule, not the other way around, if that makes sense.
Well here I get it now haha, I've to admit the guide was quite confusing for me, and the rule of "adopted shelter = OT overwritten no matter what" was the most important, but in the end it's the opposite haha ! So it's good, I've my answer ! Thanks again <3

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page