PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"Remember me" for Stripe payments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Stripe will soon be introducing an option to remember your card details so that you don't have to enter them each time. Here's some information! Stripe article The above article explains how it works, but the key points are: - It is linked to your phone number, and uses 2FA to ensure your details are secure. - All payment details are, and continue to be, handled exclusively by Stripe - PFQ never receives anything more than basic details required to verify payments. - You can delete your saved information if you want. It should be fairly straightforward when they launch the feature on March 29th. If you prefer to enter your details each time, that's fine - just don't click the new "remember me" checkbox :D If you have any questions, please ask - I can relay them to Stripe if needed.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
DrarryForever's AvatarDrarryForever
can i use a USA-only prepaid gift card for this kind of payment? i've only used Paypal before, it linking to my phone number kinda confuses me.
Credit for Pikachu goes to MataMoja on PFQ!

QUOTE originally posted by vampire545

can i use a USA-only prepaid gift card for this kind of payment? i've only used Paypal before, it linking to my phone number kinda confuses me.
I'm not Niet, and I don't use Stripe. But I do know why Paypal links to your phone number. It's a backup method to verify who you are/enter your account. If your email isn't working but your phone is, they can text you the code to reset your password and things like that.
Agent3's AvatarAgent3

QUOTE originally posted by vampire545

Granted I only tried to do this back when PayPal was the method of choice for ZC purchases, but a Visa prepaid card didn't allow me to purchase ZC because PFQ is based in Britain. I'd check the specific card to see if it's capable of overseas transactions.
seth | 22 | he/him medical lab science student journal icon + sig of my character, by me.
XxGeorgiaxX's AvatarXxGeorgiaxX
I hope this means payment will be more secure and safe for those who use it.
Please can you take one of my anonymous polls either Poll One or Poll Two or both, it would mean a lot to me and would be a great help, thank you so much and have a great day and please keep safe. ""We do have a lot in common. The same earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what’s the same, instead of looking at what’s different, well..........who knows?""
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Well it doesn't change security on the payment side, but it does mean you need to be more responsible for your device. For instance, if a parent buys ZC for their child and mistakenly checks the "remember me" box, then the child could make more payments on it. Stripe already uses the best security available.
blackbelt314's Avatarblackbelt314
That actually might be pretty helpful sir
make sure to check out my friends, gossifleur, fennekOoba, , starchord, acer-of-spades and my best friend deliciousbread. (also check out Glaciersong. they got me into this.) also check out my buddies art shop here: call me phineas and ferb because... BABY IM BACK please come to my shop... i beg you. https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/316785/the-keyblade-graveyard-gems-summons-mega-stones-and-more

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page