PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Better email handling

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I've recently implemented a catcher for email errors, which can in theory be used to notify you of problems with your email address. If you've ever sent an email to an address that doesn't exist, you might have gotten an automatic reply saying something like "Mail delivery failed: returning to sender". I've recently taught the server how to handle those return emails, and now if PFQ fails to email you then you will instead get a SYSTEM PM on-site informing you of the problem. This PM will include details such as the subject line, the email address it was sent to, and the reason for failure, but it will not include the contents of the message itself. This is to prevent things like bypassing account activation by relying on the error handler to expose the activation link, or similar with password resets. If you get this SYSTEM PM, then chances are your email address on record is no good. This could be for any number of reasons, such as... - It no longer exists - It never existed (ie. you typed it wrong!) - It is a school email address that doesn't allow external emails - Something completely different The error message should help you figure out what went wrong. If the failed email was your Activation email, then you can visit /activate to try a different address and fix the issue yourself. If you need to update your email address, or if you can't solve the problem yourself, you can contact Support for help. Hopefully this goes some way to helping people figure out why they can't activate their accounts :)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Kawcio.PL's AvatarKawcio.PL
thats great news
i don't know how to make images appear in my signature (my avatar is made by me)
feyral's Avatarfeyral
This is super helpful! Thanks!
Archaeo's AvatarArchaeo
:) good
BendyDemon's AvatarBendyDemon
Cool. Though I especially like the "in theory" part..very reassuring :)
Bendy avatar is mine..I drew it. Name: Umachu Name: Wavelength Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page