PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Question regarding to shinies, Sei, and trade evolutions

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Acaciel's AvatarAcaciel
Hi everyone! 1.) I read that these bonuses work like +15 not +15%, and this point added to,... something. I absolutely don't understand it, but I'm sure by time I will catch it. My question is semi-regarding to this. I really like shiny pokemons and I hatched one today, I was wondering the odds of hatching them? I would like to find more as I go, that's why I decided I'd ask! :) This is what I found in wiki "These Pokémon are considered extremely rare, and thus are considered to be very valuable. It is possible to hatch a Shiny Pokémon from an Egg completely at random. However, the odds of this happening are extremely low.", - is it really this rare? What are your experiences with "random" shiny hatchings? Does Sei raise the chances very much with the +15? Should I focus on hatching more shinies in those days? (I don't have any other things to boost shiny chances, this is why I am asking!) 2.) My shiny pokemon evolves during trade, holding a specific item. My question is that can I trade myself? I don't know if it would be safe to send the pokemon to a stranger and just hope they won't keep it, and I really don't want my pokemon go missing which I just got. Is there a safe method for it that 100% won't make my pokemon missing from my farm forever? I'd be also thankful for links to find my answer, as it was unsuccessful for me to search these up in the wiki. Thank you for your time reading these! Kind Regards, Acaciel
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
I can answer 2. There's no way you can trade it to yourself. If you worried about someone possibly stealing your Pokemon, you can always ask for the person to give you something collateral to ensure they won't consider trading it away. If worse comes, you can report them.
Avatar of my oc was created by Flapple! My Journal: [x] My Sprite Dump: [x] Cosmog Sprite Project: [x]
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
There's no official(tm) odds for shiny pokemon! (since people would get upset when they had worse luck than the odds and feel like they got cheated xvx) The "base" shiny chance, with no chains or anything, I think is similar to the main series' base shiny chance? So around 1/8000? (or perhaps ~1/4000 as per the newer games??) But I'm honestly not sure since, yknow, they're very rare so it's hard to get a concrete estimate ^^;; And for sei days, yes!! That +15 sei power helps those with the lowest boosts the most, so it is very wise to hatch more on sei days! (yes, it also applies to "random" shiny hatches! :D) (the specifics of sei power can be found in the changelog, but it's pretty long/technical!)

from the changelog

"I'll devote my body and soul to following after you, Mr. Edgeworth!"
Chicken 🌻 24 they/them Shop Journal F2U Art
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
Tip: if you're ever trade evolving your special (aka shiny albino melan) pokemon [like your shiny] be sure to save the pokemon's link somewhere so that way if someone does steal it you can get it back. PS: I can help with the evolution if you want
Avatar made by Marie-Chan Journal
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art Sorry Cat didn't realize credits were hidden
Mareep's AvatarMareep
Niet gave us a neat graph to show how sei power works

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Basically, if you draw a line of how much the boosts boost you, without Sei Power is like this:
And with Sei Power is like this:
So more boosts is always going to be better, but the relative effect of Sei Power is stronger if you had less boosts to begin with. Essentially Sei Power narrows the gap, but it boosts everyone.
I find this easier to understand than percentages
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
Acaciel's AvatarAcaciel

QUOTE originally posted by HowlingCat

I can answer 2. There's no way you can trade it to yourself. If you worried about someone possibly stealing your Pokemon, you can always ask for the person to give you something collateral to ensure they won't consider trading it away. If worse comes, you can report them.
Thank you for your reply! I didn't know it is reportable!

QUOTE originally posted by Gumshoe

There's no official(tm) odds for shiny pokemon! (since people would get upset when they had worse luck than the odds and feel like they got cheated xvx) The "base" shiny chance, with no chains or anything, I think is similar to the main series' base shiny chance? So around 1/8000? (or perhaps ~1/4000 as per the newer games??) But I'm honestly not sure since, yknow, they're very rare so it's hard to get a concrete estimate ^^;; And for sei days, yes!! That +15 sei power helps those with the lowest boosts the most, so it is very wise to hatch more on sei days! (yes, it also applies to "random" shiny hatches! :D) (the specifics of sei power can be found in the changelog, but it's pretty long/technical!)

from the changelog

Thank you so much for the help! :)

QUOTE originally posted by Vaporeon26

Tip: if you're ever trade evolving your special (aka shiny albino melan) pokemon [like your shiny] be sure to save the pokemon's link somewhere so that way if someone does steal it you can get it back. PS: I can help with the evolution if you want
Thank you! I'll get the upgrade item required to the pokemon and I'll trade you!

QUOTE originally posted by Mareep

Niet gave us a neat graph to show how sei power works

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Basically, if you draw a line of how much the boosts boost you, without Sei Power is like this:
And with Sei Power is like this:
So more boosts is always going to be better, but the relative effect of Sei Power is stronger if you had less boosts to begin with. Essentially Sei Power narrows the gap, but it boosts everyone.
I find this easier to understand than percentages
This is easier to understand for me too, thank you very much for the help! :)

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page