PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Destiny kNOT Working?

Forum Index > Core > Help >

ZenZeryxis's AvatarZenZeryxis
I recently bred these two https://pokefarm.com/summary/h0x7S (29/11/2*28/28 129IV) https://pokefarm.com/summary/hJxhC (***29** 184IV) with the sire holding a Destiny Knot, however... the six offspring I just hatched, their stats are all over the place? 29 11 2 17 31 28 118 29 31 2 31 28 8 129 31 11 31 1 28 28 130 31 11 20 31 28 31 152 14 11 2 31 31 31 120 29 11 31 29 30 28 158 I thought the Destiny Knot was supposed to push for the holder to give five stats? He's only two points from perfect in SpAtk, and the dam's SPAtk is perfect, so shouldn't I have have more chances of getting 3-6 perfect IVs? Or am I missing something entirely?
Niet's AvatarNiet
They're inheriting stats from both parents. It doesn't matter who is holding the Destiny Knot.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
ZenZeryxis's AvatarZenZeryxis
Thats weird... I thought both parents contributed stats when bred, then having one hold the knot pushed for that parent's stats more? Guess I'll just have to hope for better daughters.
Mareep's AvatarMareep
Usually 3 random IVs of the parents are passed down to the offspring. With the destiny knot, it's 5 instead of only 3. That means even with two 6IV parents, you only have a 1/32 chance of getting another 6 IV.
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
TheMimic's AvatarTheMimic
True. Destiny knot is working, but you need a better mate for that 184 IV pokemon. The better stats the parents have, the better chances. Just covering the lacking stat through the mate is never enough, even in RL breeding. Get a stronger mate that can cover more stats to increase your odds. You are looking at over a 1000 eggs before you see that 6 IV eevee. Two 5 IVs that cover each other's faults cranks out 3-5 IV pokemon almost every time. Breeding a 6 IV with a 5 IV can take over 200 eggs before you get that 6 IV dream. I know from experience in the games and from here. I am willing to help you achieve that dream if I come across a decent female to lend you.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page