if it was said that this would not happen or in the unlikely event that this is already planned, i am sorry c: i searched through everything the best i could and i dont think i found anything about this so its worth a shot! this is just a suggestion so just take it into your brain.
i am emphasizing that its already close enough to christmas so that i wouldnt be suprised if something else is already planned! and that is completely alright, because next year exists! and the year after! so if this is considered, please keep that in mind. i just wanted to bring this all up ^.^
christmas accessory rerun
in 2013, which i believe was PF1 time, there were christmas accessories released in an advent calendar, giving 5 of each everyday. (see here
) they do still exist on pfq, but they are /extremely/ rare
so what im suggesting is that for this years advent calendar, the christmas accessories are rerun the same way that it originally worked in an advent calendar. bringing them back to pokefarm would have a few benefits
1. takes the stress off the art team. i know they have been plenty busy and having to deal with another event would take away time from more important projects. they would not have to create 31 icons/drawings again or anything like that, and they could even reuse the advent calendar border from a previous year as well. it would just take off a great workload for them and let other more nessescary projects be the priority.
2. it would diversify the contests a bit and bring some more creativity/inspiration. the contests have been a bit stale recently due to the fact that there havent been many accessories added in recently, so by adding the christmas accessories back, i can see that changing. there is a lot more potential with them and i feel like the wing accessories would be especially popular!
3. players old and new alike would appreciate it. ive seen a lot of people dissapointed by most of the prizes being common and cheap ie consumables. by adding new items i feel like people would appreciate them more than gummis.
4. the calendar would work in the same way as it did last year, so im sure the coding is possible!
5. the only holiday accessories being halloween is a bit awkward? they are the only thing in my EX box (im unsure if any other items go in there that i dont have lol) so its a bit weird. by giving it a christmas counterpart, it would have things make things feel a bit more complete and make more sense.
1. the art team may still have to touch up some sprites? that is not required of course but it could be a possiblity if some are not up to par. though to remedy that, i would say that they could release the sprites as they are, and retouch them up when they have more downtime.
2. i cant really think of much more at the moment, comment below maybe?
Reason For Consideration:
basically all said above, but summarized, it would take some work off the plate of the art team, return some cool items, bring some more fun back into contests, and boost spirits ^__^
discussion in the comments is very welcome, as well as upvotes! thanks everyone
oh, another thought, if they dont want to do the advent calendar thing, they could work in the same way that halloween accessories do. during christmas time, they are able to be found in scours. just a simple thought that id like to put here as well because that is a possibility too! let me know what you think