PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Meltan!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Sorry it took so long. We really struggled to come up with a good way of actually implementing Meltan and it's... rather unique evolution method. Pokémon GO: turn in 100 Meltan for Candy so that you can evolve just one. Pokédex: a group of Meltan live together until the strongest absorbs the group and becomes Melmetal. So originally I kinda planned on making it so that you have to accumulate a field full of Meltan and then fuse them all into a single Melmetal. But that comes with complications, including "how exactly do you get that many Meltan in the first place?" Not to mention, what about merging shinies/albinos/melans, do you really want to have to get 40 Melanistic Meltan to fuse into one Melanistic Melmetal? Anyway. We went through about five different ideas before finally settling on this one.
To obtain Meltan, you can buy an Egg from the Tournament Prize Shop for 1 Token. To "evolve" Meltan, you must obtain 40 Scrap Metal. This item is dropped when Meltan hatches (alongside the Gems), and can also be found in Boxes as part of the "Treasure" category. Once you have these items, you can visit Colress' Shack and he will fuse the Scrap Metal into your Meltan to get Melmetal.
Sorry again for the delay on this one, but hopefully you understand the difficulties we faced with implementing this individual in a way that fit PFQ's gameplay while not diverging too far from its canonical origins.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Quick note I forgot: You will still be able to buy Melmetal directly from the Prize Shop for 40 Tokens for the time being, however this may be removed in future. That's currently undecided.
*confetti*
And another thing, once you've registered Meltan's EggDex, you can order more from the Supplier, but it's still classified as a Legendary so that's like super expensive and probably not worth it compared to the single Token cost in the Prize Shop ;)
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir
Ooh, that's a nifty idea, actually! Nice compromise between the two extremes the games gave us. On an unrelated note, love Niet's new avatar! Very, like... imposing. And well drawn.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Darexxis's AvatarDarexxis
yas :D i love the idea of finding scrap metal :3
🖤❤️^W^❤️🖤
  • i Hoard
  • i also collect
  • LF
but only with the Any berry pref {delta not inc} {i 🖤❤️ fighing deltas}
Pizza Chef Throh / Pizza Chef Sawk / Fancy Nidoran (Female) Fancy Nidoran (Male) / Kecleon Bros (Green) / Kecleon Bros (Purple)
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
niet you're a mad lad releasing meltan with no warning XD i love it though!! thanks so much plus a cool evo method!! nice!!
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
I guess buying an egg now will break any chain you've got going? Confirmed, yes it does.
~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
DarkGerald1's AvatarDarkGerald1
This seems pretty cool!
I'm six hours before server time. I was actually BigGerald1! Shiny eevee pokesona picture made by DannyAndAPotato
If you ask him here, he'll tell you! https://pfq.link/~L2_g
Eggy's AvatarEggy
That's awesome! I don't play PFQ as often lately but I will definitely check out the tourney shop for the egg haha.
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page