PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

[OPEN] Ask Professor Cypress

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon RP >

Pages: 1234

andrian's Avatarandrian

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndapower

Dear Professor Cypress Flare, my Torchic just hatched from an egg and I was very happy but there was one problem. Flare continues to enter the eggshell, even though Flare was too large. I tried talking to him but he kept pecking me. Do you know how to keep Flare from trying to get into the eggshell all the time? Please help me Professor. -Kacey, owner of Flare-
Dear Kacey, I admit that your question has puzzled me a good deal, as I have never heard of such behavior in any Pokemon before, and can find no mention of it in the research published by other Pokemon researchers. Torchic usually imprint upon their parent or trainer immediately after hatching and will follow them everywhere, and Pokemon in general are usually quite happy to be freed from the confines of their eggs. I wish that I could observe this case in person, as it would be a valuable research study. Despite how unusual this situation is, however, I do have some recommendations on how to handle it, and I have high hopes that the problem can be resolved in short order. Flare's behavior suggests to me that he is frightened and is attempting to retreat to somewhere he feels safe. His pecking at you suggests that he sees you as a threat, and is attempting to protect himself. The trick, then, will be to convince Flare that he is not in danger, and to help him feel more comfortable being away from his egg shell and around you instead. To begin, I recommend giving Flare his space. Make sure he is in a safe location and then back away to the other side of the room. Do not focus all your attention on him. Instead, find something else to do while simply being in the room with him. This will help signal to Flare that you see him as neither a threat nor as prey, and get him used to your presence. Provide Flare with food and water. Place this near his egg shell at first, but with each feeding, move it slightly farther away from the egg shell and closer to yourself. This will force your timid Torchic to expand his horizons just a little bit, and when nothing bad happens, he will begin to grow more confident. This will also show him that getting closer to you is safe. The next step is to begin making Flare more comfortable with behing handled. Once you have gotten him to come close to you to eat, begin placing some of his food in your hand. Hold your hand out flat and keep your attention fixed elsewhere. This should entice him to begin eating out of your hand. As time goes on, you should be able to watch him more and more as he does this, and you should transition to feeding him entirely out of your hand. Once he is comfortable with eating this way, you should be able to begin initiating touch. If you are worried he might peck you, you can wear a glove to protect your hand. In time, he should become comfortable with this, and you should be able to handle him more and more. The more you handle Flare, the more comfortable he should become with it, and he should soon grow more attached to you. At this point, you can begin introducing him to the rest of the house, and you should be able to dispose of his egg shell without further problems. Please keep me informed of your progress with Flare. I know that the method I have prescribed will be slow and take considerable time and patience on your part, but I think it the most likely to lead to success. You may find that following all these steps is unnecessary, and that Flare may grow more comfortable with you and allow you to handle him earlier, in which case, all is well. I wish you and Flare the best of luck, as well as any of my other readers who may be having similar problems. This advice will apply to any timid Pokemon that prefers to hide from people. As always, love yourselves, love others, and love your Pokemon!

QUOTE originally posted by Skylar Howler

Dear Professor Cypress, I own a very happy-go-lucky and playful Rockruff called Scamper, and for several years, she has been one of my most reliable and loyal Pokémon. However, recently, Scamper has been acting very moody and sometimes disappears for days at a time. Most concerning of all, she actually growls at me when I try to pet her or take her for a walk (she has never done this before). I've done some research and discovered that Scamper may be close to evolving, but I need your advice on how to handle this. Best, Skylar Howler
Dear Skylar, Thank you for writing! Let me assure you that this is common behavior for Rockruff, and that many trainers have faced the same concerns as you. You are correct in your assessment that Scamper is likely close to evolving, but allow me to explain a little more about why he is behaving this way. As you may know, Rockruff tend to be very driven toward self-improvement, and will often engage in independent training regimens. This tendency is heightened when the time for them to evolve draws near, and often leads to them spending long amounts of time away from their trainers so that they can train themselves in secret. They may even exhibit aggression toward their trainers during this time. This is due both to hormonal changes within their bodies as well as their growing independent streak, which leads to them resenting any attempt to coddle or assist them. This is why Scamper's behavior has changed so suddenly. This is a critical time for Scamper, as this unsupervised training time is necessary for her evolution, but also places her at risk of injury should she encounter another Pokemon or suffer an accident during training. Just as she is aggressive toward you, she will exhibit aggression toward other Pokemon, challenging them to battles as a way to test her strength. My recommendation is to take Scamper to your local Pokemon Center and have her fitted with a tracking chip. This will allow you to check on her location when she is away from home using a Pokegear, Poketch, C-Gear, or similar device. Monitor her movements over time. You should see a pattern emerge. Keep an eye out for changes in this pattern, and if you notice that she is remaining in the same place for an unusually long time, it may be a sign that she is in trouble and needs you to intervene. You might also find a way to observe her without being noticed, depending on where she is going. If all goes well, Scamper should evolve into Lycanroc soon, and her behavior will become more consistent and she should be less aggressive toward you. Depending upon the time of day during which the evolution occurs, Scamper will take one of three forms, each of which tends toward a different temperament. While I do not have sufficient space to go over the intricacies of dealing with each form, I will say that in each case your Lycanroc will remember and appreciate your loyalty toward her during this critical period. Treat her with love and respect, give her her space, and make sure she is welcome back whenever she returns. I hope you and my other readers find this advice helpful, and I wish all of you good luck! This can be a difficult time when training a Rockruff, but the rewards for handling this period well can be immense. As always, love yourselves, love others, and love your Pokemon!
Check out my sprite shop! Rockruff chewing the furniture? Turtwig won't come out of its shell? Whatever your Pokemon question, you can always Ask Professor Cypress! Sprite used in avatar from original games, recolor and BG by me.
Dear Professor Cypress Hello it's me Avery again. Kiki my Luxio felt better thanks to your advice. But looks like I have another thing to say. Honey my Ribombee usually very relaxed and give sweet pollen puffs to everyone. But this time she gave a bitter ones. People around my neighborhood is very kind, I didn't know why Honey acting like this. Everytime she saw peoples or Pokemon she used stun spore to them. Do you think you could help me again Professor? From, Avery
Bionmog's AvatarBionmog
Professor Cypress, Hey, its me again! if your wondering, yes oscar is doing fabulously well. Apparently he had a thorn deep into his paw and we helped him get it out. Anyways, i have a problem with Kristin, my milcery. I don't know much about galar pokemon since i live eat and breath the unova region (short answer i'm a professor there, i help professor juniper with her experiments) and i recently adopted a milcery that i found wandering helplessly and hungrily in the wild. Recently after she became an alcremie, she has been looking down. the outside of the frosting on Kristin is melting and she seems very tired and depressed. I don't know what is going on with her, and need to know what's going on. Nicholas, the owner of Kristin the alcremie
I'm currently somewhere in the stratosphere, dunno where tho. this is poggers, i got my first albino! Update: And another one:
JayBurakku's AvatarJayBurakku
Dear Proffessor Cyprus, This is probably something a little different to what you're used to, but I'm worried. The Pokemon in question isn't my own but I am concerned. There is a gentleman in my town, he's quite suspicious and rough looking, he has a strange looking Pokemon, a cross breed between an Arcanine and Houndoom I think. Well recently I've been seeing this Pokemon around without his owner. He always looks so scared, I've seen him fighting with other Pokemon in the town and parks. Almost unproked, like he's on edge and scared. I know he's not a wild Pokemon because as I said, I've seen him with this gentleman multiple times. The Pokemon looks very malnourished, he walks with a limp and is always looking over his shoulder with a scowl, teeth bared look on his face. A few times I've seen him hiding in a bush, or a cave. I want to approach him to try and help him, he looks injured a lot of the time and I'm worried that any injuries he might have may become infected or heal incorrectly. I'm not sure on the best way to approach him, and I don't want to approach the trainer because I dont think he can be trusted. I really concerned for the welfare of this Pokemon and I want to do what I can to help him. I've tried leaving food out in his usual hiding spots but I check back and it's always untouched, I've tried getting close and ushering him over in the parks but he growls or barks and then runs off in the other direction. I don't want to approach while he is sleeping and scare him, or risk injury to myself. Please, Prof. Cyprus, what can I do to help this poor fella? Pokemon Trainer, Jay.
JayJays SHOP <— Check it out! :D Saving for Shelter Pass X, PRMemory Stick, Shiny Charm Box & Shiny Charm
× 305510 / 2,000,000
× 908 / ???
× 240 / 2,150
andrian's Avatarandrian

QUOTE originally posted by Applebeecupcake

Dear Professor Cypress Hello it's me Avery again. Kiki my Luxio felt better thanks to your advice. But looks like I have another thing to say. Honey my Ribombee usually very relaxed and give sweet pollen puffs to everyone. But this time she gave a bitter ones. People around my neighborhood is very kind, I didn't know why Honey acting like this. Everytime she saw peoples or Pokemon she used stun spore to them. Do you think you could help me again Professor? From, Avery
Dear Avery, Thank you for your question! This is certainly a problem that needs to be addressed, and I will do what I can to help you and Honey. I am glad to hear that Kiki is doing better, too! As you may be aware, Ribombee retains the ability of its earlier form, Cutiefly, to detect the auras of living things. It is unusual for one to act aggressively toward kind individuals, as they are usually attracted to and friendly toward such people and Pokemon. As your letter contains few details on what may have led to this, I can only surmise as to the possible causes for this sudden shift. The first idea that comes to my mind is that this behavior may be the result of some environmental factor which is affecting the health of Honey. Perhaps there is a pesticide or chemical being used on the flowers she frequents which is causing her confusion. Ribombee are also highly sensitive to changes in weather, and perhaps the local atmospheric conditions are affecting her. For this reason, I would suggest taking Honey to the Pokemon Center to see if they can find anything to do with her physical health that might be causing this problem. If the problem is not physical, the next possibility that occurs to me is that Honey may be reacting to some sort of recent event in your local community whih she dislikes and for which she blames your neighbors. She may be acting out in an attempt to bring attention to something. For example, has a field of wildflowers recently been destroyed, or has something happened which might have disturbed the wild Cutiefly and Ribombee population? If this is the cause, the solution may be more difficult. If Honey is upset about something which will be harmful to your community or local ecosystems, it may be worth it to organize a local campaign to address this. Observe Honey's behavior to see if her aggression seems to be focused in a certain area or if there is a particular place to which she seems to show special attention. Finally, there might be a shortage of nearby flowers from which she and other nectar-dependent Pokemon can feed, and this competition may have made her cross or territorial. If this is the case, the solution may be as simple as planting additional flowers around your house and leaving out sugar water for Honey and the other Pokemon. The sugar water won't help with a pollen shortage, of course, but it may help to reduce competition for flowers nonetheless. I hope that one of these suggestions works out for you. Many bug-type Pokemon have been behaving strangely in recent years, for reasons we don't fully understand. Researchers like myself are trying to figure out the causes of this shift, and many suspect it may be the result of human activity disrupting Pokemon ecosystems. We have already seen negative effects in some environments, such as the bleaching of Corsola in the Galar region, turning them into ghost types, and unless drastic action is taken soon, I fear we will begin to see even more negative changes. I wish you and Honey the best of luck, as well as any other readers who may have been struggling with similar problems. As always, love yourselves, love others, and love your Pokemon. --------------------------------

QUOTE originally posted by Bionmog

Professor Cypress, Hey, its me again! if your wondering, yes oscar is doing fabulously well. Apparently he had a thorn deep into his paw and we helped him get it out. Anyways, i have a problem with Kristin, my milcery. I don't know much about galar pokemon since i live eat and breath the unova region (short answer i'm a professor there, i help professor juniper with her experiments) and i recently adopted a milcery that i found wandering helplessly and hungrily in the wild. Recently after she became an alcremie, she has been looking down. the outside of the frosting on Kristin is melting and she seems very tired and depressed. I don't know what is going on with her, and need to know what's going on. Nicholas, the owner of Kristin the alcremie
Dear Nicholas, I am glad to hear that you found the problem with Oscar and that he is doing well! It's always nice to know that my advice may have helped a Pokemon in need. Please give Professor Juniper my regards. Though we have not met in person, I have read some of her research, and respect her knowledge and abilities. Regarding Kristin, I must admit that your letter concerns me on several accounts. As I'm sure you know, Galar is nowhere near Unova, and thus it is unlikely to find a Milcery so far from its natural habitat. I wonder if she was abandoned by another trainer, or if she perhaps stowed away on a boat or plane and ended up transplanting herself by accident. It has been known to happen, and invasive Pokemon species have become a problem in some areas. Nonetheless, I am glad that you found and rescued her, and that she now has a loving home. My first inclination was that Kristin's recent change in behavior may be the result of the changing seasons. Unova's seasonal variance is much more pronounced than it is in many other places, which may cause stress for Pokemon not native to the region. However, as we are currently in late fall, approaching winter, I would not be expecting cream to be melting, but rather hardening. Another possibile cause for this change may also be due to the environment your Alcremie finds herself in. Milcery are believed to be formed from sweet particles in the air, and both Milcery and Alcremie thrive in environments rich with airborne sugars, such as bakeries. If this is the case, it may be time to start preparing your holiday sweets, which is an activity Kristin will probably enjoy helping with. I'm sure your friends would not mind discovering that you have an abundance of cookies to share, either! In addition, I wonder if Kristin's past may be affecting her emotional health. As I have already pointed out, it's possible that Kristin may have been abandoned or gotten lost. She may be homesick or missing her former owner. It may be worth it to try to look into her origins and see if you can find out how she came to be so far from home. If you can't find anything out, you might try a vacation to the Galar region to see how that affects her. However, the first thing I would recommend is taking her in to the local Pokemon Center to check on her health. I know that I give this advice a lot, but it is very important to determine if behavioral changes are the result of some physical cause. Illness is often the cause of behavioral shifts, and it never hurts to rule this out before proceeding. I wish you and Kristin the best of luck, and I hope that my advice helps you and my other readers who may be dealing with similar problems! As always, love yourselves, love others, and love your Pokemon! --------------------------------

QUOTE originally posted by JayBurakku

Dear Proffessor Cyprus, This is probably something a little different to what you're used to, but I'm worried. The Pokemon in question isn't my own but I am concerned. There is a gentleman in my town, he's quite suspicious and rough looking, he has a strange looking Pokemon, a cross breed between an Arcanine and Houndoom I think. Well recently I've been seeing this Pokemon around without his owner. He always looks so scared, I've seen him fighting with other Pokemon in the town and parks. Almost unproked, like he's on edge and scared. I know he's not a wild Pokemon because as I said, I've seen him with this gentleman multiple times. The Pokemon looks very malnourished, he walks with a limp and is always looking over his shoulder with a scowl, teeth bared look on his face. A few times I've seen him hiding in a bush, or a cave. I want to approach him to try and help him, he looks injured a lot of the time and I'm worried that any injuries he might have may become infected or heal incorrectly. I'm not sure on the best way to approach him, and I don't want to approach the trainer because I dont think he can be trusted. I really concerned for the welfare of this Pokemon and I want to do what I can to help him. I've tried leaving food out in his usual hiding spots but I check back and it's always untouched, I've tried getting close and ushering him over in the parks but he growls or barks and then runs off in the other direction. I don't want to approach while he is sleeping and scare him, or risk injury to myself. Please, Prof. Cyprus, what can I do to help this poor fella? Pokemon Trainer, Jay.
Dear Jay, Thank you for writing to me about this, as it does sound like a concerning and difficult situation. This Pokemon seems unusual in many ways, and from your description, it sounds as though he is being mistreated by his owner. Given your description, the Pokemon may be ill as well as injured. As such, I do not recommend that you approach him. Instead, I suggest contacting the police. This Pokemon seems to be a danger to others, and his owner is most likely being abusive toward him. Most police forces have an officer who works specifically with Pokemon. Every time I have encountered one, her name was Jenny, and this may also be the case where you live. These officers often have canine Pokemon companions, such as Growlithe, and are trained to deal with aggressive Pokemon. Give the police as many details as you can, even showing them this Pokemon's hideouts if possible. Be sure to give a description of the owner and the Pokemon, and provide them with pictures if at all possible. They will be able to use this information to safely capture this mysterious Pokemon and possibly confront the owner as well. Once captured, the police will be able to have the Pokemon's health attended to. There are charities that care for abused Pokemon. I know that Mr. Fuji runs such a charity in Lavender Town in Kanto, and there may be a similar local organization where this Pokemon can be taken care of. The police will probably contact one of these organizations to assist with its care. If you wish to financially support the care of this unusual Pokemon, you can probably send them donations. To my other readers, I encourage you to also report suspected Pokemon abuse to the proper authorities, and to support local charities that care for abused or abandoned Pokemon. If you cannot afford a financial contribution, many of them are happy to accept volunteers to help care for the Pokemon. If you are looking for a new Pokemon, I suggest checking with these organizations before going to a breeder or trying to catch a wild Pokemon. Several of my own Pokemon companions have been adopted from shelters, and I am glad that I have been able to give a home to these wonderful creatures. I wish you all the best of luck! As always, love yourselves, love others, and love your Pokemon! ((Whew! That was a lot of tough questions! Sorry it took so long to answer them, but I have been somewhat busy this week, and my drive to produce quality posts led me to doing a good deal of research for these. My own tiredness did not help, either. I hope you've all been having as much fun as I have with this! Please keep those questions coming!))
pankake's Avatarpankake
Dear Professor Cyprus, Thank you for helping me with Autum, I'm no longer drowning in fur. But I have another problem ive been having for quite a while now One of my eevees I adopted one day, his name is Lonestar due to his lonely nature and an old movie my folks showed me one day, has been pretty sad and keeps to himself a lot. he does like it when I spend time with him and hes one of my favorites. Ive been concerned about how hes alone most of the time so ive tried to find him a mate or at least a friend and nothing has worked. not one of my 956 eevees (I own a pokemon haven and I take in unwanted pokemon and hatch mostly eevees and riolu) have been a match for him. he always walks away or becomes uncomfortable with energetic ones. I need help im conserned about his health being alone so much. sincerely, Pankake
andrian's Avatarandrian
Dear Pankake, Thank you for writing. I'm glad you've managed to establish some healthy boundaries with Autumn. I'm amazed at how many Pokemon you have managed to support! Thank you for your service in giving homes to unwanted Pokemon. With so many, I find it amazing you can find the time to get to know each of them well enough to recognize when one of them needs help! You really must have a good deal of energy and motivation! Lonestar's behavior is not all that uncommon. Each Pokemon has a unique personality, and just like people, some of them are more social than others. I find myself identifying with him quite a lot, actually, as I tend to need encouraging from time to time in order to get out and spend time with others. I prefer to spend my time reading or observing Pokemon in the wild over being with people. I have to be intentional about scheduling social time with others. Being social is something I do because it's good for me, like eating healthy and exercising. I have found that sometimes the best Pokemon pairs are not what you'd expect. I have known many odd Pokemon pairs to become very close. For example, I once met a trainer with a Torterra and an Aipom that were inseparable. The Aipom spent almost all its time in the tree on the Torterra's back, and was extremely protective of his big buddy, while the Torterra would let out this sad-sounding bellow and go looking for his friend if the Aipom wasn't in his usual spot. This trainer could only enter them into double battles because of how inseparable they were! It seems that Lonestar prefers to not spend time around energetic Pokemon, and does not have much interest in your other Eevees, so it might be time to try something unorthodox. Perhaps a Pokemon of a different species might click with Lonestar better - one with a more laid-back disposition. Pokemon such as Snorlax, Slowpoke, or Slakoth might be more his speed. Or, perhaps a Pokemon with empathic powers such as Ribombee or Kirlia might do better with him, being able to better judge how and when is best to cheer him up. Just keep an eye on them to make sure Lonestar's sad mood doesn't rub off on them and create its own problem. Maybe he'll have a soft spot for baby Pokemon, and helping to take care of a Togepi, Torchic, or Igglybuff might perk him up. In every instance when you are introducing two Pokemon to one another and are unsure of how they will react, I suggest having a physical barrier between them that they can nonetheless see, hear, and smell one another through. This will give them the opportunity to grow comfortable with one another and allow you to gauge the safety of letting them be together. If one of them shows aggression or fear, for example, it's better to keep them separate until they become more comfortable with their counterpart. It may take awhile to find a good match for Lonestar. In the meantime, continue spending time with him and ensuring that he gets at least a little social interaction from time to time, even if he resists it. It may turn out that you simply have too many Pokemon to be able to give Lonestar the attention he needs, and in that case, it may be wise to find someone to adopt him who can devote more time to him. Finding a good human partner for him may be as difficult as finding a good Pokemon partner for him, however. I wonder how he might react to the elderly, as his quiet, retiring disposition might make him an ideal partner for someone who is not able to be very active, and who might benefit from having a Pokemon friend to keep them company. I wish you good luck in finding a companion for Lonestar. Hopefully it won't take too long to find him a good friend he can form a close bond with. I hope my other readers have found this advice valuable, too. As always, love yourselves, love others, and love your Pokemon!
MajikkanCat's AvatarMajikkanCat
Dear Professor Cypress: Long time reader, first time writer! I've admired your column in the newspaper for some time now. Not the local news, mind you - I'm writing from the Q region, (a little known area since we're so small). Things are pretty different here than you're probably used to, and I wasn't even going to ask this for fear of sounding like a lunatic, but you handled that issue with the Arcanine-Houndoom hybrid without once suggesting such a thing was impossible, so if you'll excuse my long-winded and rather strange conundrum, I could really use some advice. For starters (pun very much intended), I didn't know what I was getting into when I picked up that feather, so feel free to berate me on that. It was really dumb, and honestly I thought I was done for, but then she - or he - or they? I don't know, anyway, they left me with this egg instead of stealing all my energy or whatever and then they just? left? like, not even caring. "Judged to be worthy" my foot, I was cowering under a table. Anyway, I had to summon the other two (for safety's sake, can't have a mismatched birb of doom running around with no balance) so I dug through boxes for shed antlers and snake jewelry. Xerneas was pretty cool, they seemed really nice. Zygarde, however, clearly thought I was stupid, and they were probably right, but for balance's sake they left me with an egg to complete the junior trio. The nestmates hatched instinctively sensing a connection between the three of them, and luckily they decided it must be brotherhood, so that's all right. Actually, none of the problems I'm having are behavioural. They're more a matter of logistics. Yves has been living in a glass-walled aviary, making up little songs about how much he wishes he was a Pidgey (Mirabilis the telepath translates his thoughts to me when he wants to communicate, same with the rest of the household. She's a Mew..). Xander carries him around on his antlers a lot, so at least he gets outside, but he's clearly pretty lonely. He's usually found leaning up against the glass wall, looking forlornly at the lush wild landscape and open meadows, but sometimes after the others cleared the area he would go for a fly. With the help of his brothers, he stayed in good spirits for the most part. And then, Solace showed up. She's a Galarian Corsola and just about the cutest little vengeful spirit you ever did see. She's more the "draw insulting pictures of polluters and post them around town" type of vengeful. And for some reason, she is extremely fond of and attached to Yves. Talk about a mismatched pair, a coral and a bird! (That Aipom and Torterra story was so adorable, by the way :3) Nowadays, they just lean on each side of the glass, trying to hug each other through the window. As a ghostly creature, Yves says there's a chance that his powers wouldn't do her any harm, and that they might actually be able to hang out face to face. At least, Mirabilis says that that was what he said, and it's certainly the general gist of the idea. She always looks slightly embarrassed when translating for him, but I'm pretty sure it's because he swears. I may have used improper language when his parent first showed up (can eggs hear?). In my defense, I was terrified out of my wits. Do you know if it would be safe for Yves and Solace to interact? Do you think I'm insane, talking about baby Legendaries? And most importantly, do you have any idea how to house a heckin Yveltal? ~Cat~
andrian's Avatarandrian
Dear Cat, Sweet Arceus! I've never heard of a trainer with so many legendary Pokemon before! And the fact that you survived an encounter with Yveltal (Or, I suppose, one of them... I did not know there were more!) is frankly amazing! In case you're wondering, the reason I did not discount the possibility of an Arcanine/Houndoom hybrid is because I am aware that genetic experiments have been performed on Pokemon in the past, most notably resulting in the creation of Mewtwo. However, being granted the eggs of numerous legendary Pokemon is absolutely astounding! You are extremely fortunate! I must admit I am a bit jealous, as I would love to observe the behaviors of these Pokemon in person. Now, as to your question, you do indeed have quite the conundrum on your hands! As I have no personal experience with any of these Pokemon, and so little is known about them in general, I admit that my ability to give you advice will be limited. However, I will do the best I can, based on the information I have been able to find. From what I have read, Yveltal has the ability to drain the life force from living creatures, turning people and Pokemon to stone. This happens when it spreads its wing and tail feathers and they glow red, an ability which has been named Oblivion Wing. This seems to be something which Yveltal can control, or at least strongly influence via its emotions, and usually only happens when it is angered. Few people have interacted with Yveltal when it is not angry, however, so it is assumed that its temperament is quite explosive. Yours seems to not be this way, so your observations may overturn our theories. Fortunately, it seems that both Zygarde and Xerneas tend to have a calming effect on Yveltal, and Xerneas is even reported to have the ability to return to life creatures which Yveltal has turned to stone. Without the presence of either of these, I would have no idea what to recommend to you. First, let me say that I do not believe that any kind of aviary would be enough to protect anyone from Yves should it decide to absorb their life energy. Far less dangerous Pokemon are able to topple buildings when the mood strikes them. However, it may still be in the best interests of Yves and those around you to keep it away from people and Pokemon who might panic and do something to spark Yves's temper. That said, keeping a Pokemon isolated all the time is never something I recommend. Even in the wild, species which spend the vast majority of their time alone will occasionally interact amicably with others of their own kind to mate or rear young. So long as its nestmates are nearby, I believe it should be safe to allow Solace and other Pokemon to interact with Yves. I recommend careful judgment in choosing which Pokemon you allow to do this, however, as you do not want them to antagonize Yves into using its Oblivion Wing attack. While this is the case when dealing with any dangerous Pokemon, obviously the margin for error here is much smaller. It may be wise to find a remote area where Yves can stretch its wings without fear of encountering aggressive people or Pokemon and take him there from time to time. Fortunately, you do have the ability to communicate via Mirabilis, and so you should hopefully be able to monitor and address any problems that may arise before they become deadly. Should the worst happen, Xander ought to be able to put things right. As regards the ability of Ghost-type Pokemon to survive Yveltal's Oblivion Wing, what research has been done suggests that the attack is a dark-type move. This means that it would be especially effective, rather than the other way around. Hopefully, there will be no reason to find out, however. I wish you and your Pokemon the best of luck! Though I doubt much of my advice here will apply to most of my readers, I hope they have at least learned something interesting about these fascinating and powerful Pokemon. As always, love yourselves, love others, and love your Pokemon! P.S.: Would you object to my coming to visit sometime? I would love to observe these magnificent Pokemon and document their behavior!
MajikkanCat's AvatarMajikkanCat

QUOTE originally posted by andrian

Dear Cat, Sweet Arceus! I've never heard of a trainer with so many legendary Pokemon before! And the fact that you survived an encounter with Yveltal (Or, I suppose, one of them... I did not know there were more!) is frankly amazing! In case you're wondering, the reason I did not discount the possibility of an Arcanine/Houndoom hybrid is because I am aware that genetic experiments have been performed on Pokemon in the past, most notably resulting in the creation of Mewtwo. However, being granted the eggs of numerous legendary Pokemon is absolutely astounding! You are extremely fortunate! I must admit I am a bit jealous, as I would love to observe the behaviors of these Pokemon in person. Now, as to your question, you do indeed have quite the conundrum on your hands! As I have no personal experience with any of these Pokemon, and so little is known about them in general, I admit that my ability to give you advice will be limited. However, I will do the best I can, based on the information I have been able to find. From what I have read, Yveltal has the ability to drain the life force from living creatures, turning people and Pokemon to stone. This happens when it spreads its wing and tail feathers and they glow red, an ability which has been named Oblivion Wing. This seems to be something which Yveltal can control, or at least strongly influence via its emotions, and usually only happens when it is angered. Few people have interacted with Yveltal when it is not angry, however, so it is assumed that its temperament is quite explosive. Yours seems to not be this way, so your observations may overturn our theories. Fortunately, it seems that both Zygarde and Xerneas tend to have a calming effect on Yveltal, and Xerneas is even reported to have the ability to return to life creatures which Yveltal has turned to stone. Without the presence of either of these, I would have no idea what to recommend to you. First, let me say that I do not believe that any kind of aviary would be enough to protect anyone from Yves should it decide to absorb their life energy. Far less dangerous Pokemon are able to topple buildings when the mood strikes them. However, it may still be in the best interests of Yves and those around you to keep it away from people and Pokemon who might panic and do something to spark Yves's temper. That said, keeping a Pokemon isolated all the time is never something I recommend. Even in the wild, species which spend the vast majority of their time alone will occasionally interact amicably with others of their own kind to mate or rear young. So long as its nestmates are nearby, I believe it should be safe to allow Solace and other Pokemon to interact with Yves. I recommend careful judgment in choosing which Pokemon you allow to do this, however, as you do not want them to antagonize Yves into using its Oblivion Wing attack. While this is the case when dealing with any dangerous Pokemon, obviously the margin for error here is much smaller. It may be wise to find a remote area where Yves can stretch its wings without fear of encountering aggressive people or Pokemon and take him there from time to time. Fortunately, you do have the ability to communicate via Mirabilis, and so you should hopefully be able to monitor and address any problems that may arise before they become deadly. Should the worst happen, Xander ought to be able to put things right. As regards the ability of Ghost-type Pokemon to survive Yveltal's Oblivion Wing, what research has been done suggests that the attack is a dark-type move. This means that it would be especially effective, rather than the other way around. Hopefully, there will be no reason to find out, however. I wish you and your Pokemon the best of luck! Though I doubt much of my advice here will apply to most of my readers, I hope they have at least learned something interesting about these fascinating and powerful Pokemon. As always, love yourselves, love others, and love your Pokemon! P.S.: Would you object to my coming to visit sometime? I would love to observe these magnificent Pokemon and document their behavior!
Gosh, thanks! I think it's to do with the Q region. I can't even find us on a map. For some reason there are baby Legendaries pretty much everywhere. They aren't quite as powerful as their parents, but pretty close, and as far as I can tell there aren't any visual cues to tell if you should Run Away Very Fast or just hand the smol a berry. If you can figure out how to get here, you're always welcome to drop by. Mirabilis reads your column, and she thinks you're pretty darn awesome. And, since she's basically in charge somehow (I don't know how she does it - she just sort of politely makes good points until everyone listens), I can guarantee that everyone will be on their best behaviour when you show up. As I write this, Yves is flying in circles with Solace on his head. So far, so good. Thank you so much for your help!

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page