PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PokeCam

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
And by using the bait you can use it in the "wild area" to then catch the pokemon...?
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
thisisarandom's Avatarthisisarandom
Yes, that is right.
hi my dudes f̶r̶e̶e̶ cheap stuff (ask me)
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Okay, so to recap: You want to add a new area called the Wild Area. In the Wild Area, you can do two things: Take pictures of pokemon with a "PokeCam", and use bait in order to catch pokemon. In order to get bait, you must take a picture of the pokemon first to learn what bait it likes and get the recipe on how to make it. You then can make the bait (somehow?), and then use said bait in the Wild Area in order to lure pokemon to catch them. (somehow) You can also "shiny chain" using baits, by putting out a lot of the same kind of bait? Or putting out the same kind of bait repeatedly? In order to increase the odds of a shiny of whatever species of bait you're putting out. Is this the gist of what you're getting at?
Yes.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Alright, it's nice to at least somewhat understand what you were suggesting. That being said, no support (not that it matters too much since it's already in rejected but, alas) Almost none of the steps make sense, like, at all. I don't understand why taking pictures of pokemon would somehow produce the recipe for the respective bait. I don't know what will be used to make the baits, or how you catch the pokemon in the wild area, since you have not talked about purchasing any kind of pokeball to capture them with. I don't know how taking pictures of pokemon would work at all, will it just use the sprites? New artwork? Do you click on them in an open field? Is it all text based like the fishing function? Does it cost anything to take pictures? How do you see what baits you can make or pictures that you've taken? Do the pokemon move around and it's hard to take their picture? Is it random what pokemon you take a picture of? Is there a limit to how many pictures you can take? How do you capture the pokemon? Your bare hands? Do you use pokeballs? Where do you purchase these pokeballs? Is it like the safari zone/fishing on PFQ where you can throw rocks or more baits? Is it like in XD/colosseum or fishing in the main games where you have a pokemon battle with it? Can the pokemon run away? Is there a limit to how many pokemon you can catch? Do you need to catch the pokemon for the "shiny chain" to kick in? This just seems like an entirely too complicated and pointless feature. You can find plenty of pokemon across the lab, shelter, daycare, fishing (which is more or less this suggestion already, but simpler) and through trading with other users. I don't think it would be worth it at all to spend the time coding this, nor to even use this feature once implemented. There's just too many details missing and it just seems way too complicated without being worth said complication.
It has a long range dna finder to find genetics and make a recipie that uses berries and tells you what berry to use. Then you use he extra bait to catch it with a pokeball
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Alright, cool. That's about one of the twenty questions I still have about this feature answered. It's alright to suggest complicated things like this, but you need, NEED to explain them thoroughly and have a VERY good reason behind them. It really comes across that you either have not thought this feature through or are not doing a good job at communicating all the thought you put into it, or both. I know it's frustrating, but you NEED to become better at explaining your ideas if you want such complicated things to be added. You can't expect people to try and coax every detail out of you like I've been trying to do, you need to already have all the details thought through and be a part of your suggestion from the very start! That is (one of the many reasons) why your suggestion was rejected. You need to put thought into your suggestion, and you need to show that up front. You need to make convincing arguments on why it's worth it to add your suggestion. We aren't mind readers, we don't know what your idea is or why it's great, and when you give us so little to work with, it comes off as confusing nonsense! I really, really do recommend giving this post a read. I know it's long, but if you're not willing to spend even that much time making sure your suggestion is as good as it can be, it's not worth suggesting in the first place. If you don't care enough to put time or care into your suggestion, why should Niet care enough to put time into implementing it?

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page