PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Market affected by credit discount

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

thisisarandom's Avatarthisisarandom
That market uses credits for currency, So why is it not affected by the 17% discount from the bar on the top left?
hi my dudes f̶r̶e̶e̶ cheap stuff (ask me)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Because maybe people don't want to sell their items at a loss.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
I think the Dusky Bonus only really applies to things you buy from the site itself (buying fields, ordering eggs from the Supplier etc) It wouldn’t apply to the Market because it’s essentially buying from other people anonymously, as well as what Niet said about people not wanting to sell an item at a loss.

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

Why not give the seller the discount
Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
Give the seller a discount on what? The market works just fine as it currently does.
i always see the sun stone sell for 235 on the oficcal store, but the market is 30,000
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Yes, because that's the value the community has given it.
why not give the costumer the deal and the seller the full price?
Roukan's AvatarRoukan

QUOTE originally posted by thisisarandom

why not give the costumer the deal and the seller the full price?
Because it would be way to easy to farm credits by posting something for sale on the market and immediately buying it back for the discount and getting the full price as payment?
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
The way the market currently works, it acts as a slight credit sink since 5% of what any item costs is taken from every transaction. Someone buys an item for 100,000CR, the seller receives 95,000CR, and 5,000CR is sunk into the site itself. This currency sink is one of many to help keep too much CR from being in circulation at once (which would make CR worth a lot less than it is now) If this were to be put into place, someone could buy an item listed for 100,000CR for only, say, 80,000CR. The seller would get the 95,000CR from the purchase, and...now instead of 5,000CR being sunk into the site, 15,000CR was created. This would cause a mass inflation in credits and make its value go way down.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page