PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

How to Breed Variants!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 12345··· 141516

DeltaSystem's AvatarDeltaSystem
You may want to add that the current best breeding method for Snoralts is to breed a Snorunt and Snoralt. You get the quickest results that way. (I've tested it, breeding a Snoralt and Ralt wasn't very successful...)
~Delta 🪐
Made by HorrorGal13
  • Main
  • Credits
Your chaotic mess. Type Race Points: 0
Tabs by Esme Avatar made with this awsome picrew!
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I'm sorry, but could you please provide proof that that is more effective at producing snoralt eggs than breeding two pokemon of the snoralts line together? I don't have the means to test that right now ^^;;; Also, is it just those pokemon specifically, or any pokemon from those respective lines? No gender restrictions?
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me

QUOTE originally posted by Gumshoe

I'm sorry, but could you please provide proof that that is more effective at producing snoralt eggs than breeding two pokemon of the snoralts line together? I don't have the means to test that right now ^^;;; Also, is it just those pokemon specifically, or any pokemon from those respective lines? No gender restrictions?
Sorry for the late reply! I'll send you screenshots when I can. To answer your question, it's any pokemon. There are no gender restrictons as far as I can see. I'll be doing a 1,000-2,000 interaction test, so this might take a while.
politoed's Avatarpolitoed
Does the 'this pair will make something unexpected' come up when breeding early bird natu? I've tried 2 early birds, female natu + male early bird, and male natu + female early bird and the (!) doesn't seem to show at all ;;

QUOTE originally posted by politoed

Does the 'this pair will make something unexpected' come up when breeding early bird natu? I've tried 2 early birds, female natu + male early bird, and male natu + female early bird and the (!) doesn't seem to show at all ;;
Does this help?

QUOTE originally posted by Solo789

Sorry for the late reply! I'll send you screenshots when I can. To answer your question, it's any pokemon. There are no gender restrictons as far as I can see. I'll be doing a 1,000-2,000 interaction test, so this might take a while.
Part 1 is done, here's the results at 2,000 interactions: Part 2 done, results at 2,000 interactions: Part 3 done, inconclusive at 2,000 interactions: I can also do a Snorunt pair for refrence if you want.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
@politoed: No, it will not! For it is not unexpected at all for an Early Bird Natu to produce an Early Bird Natu egg, it would be a bit silly to give a message saying as such ^^ I may add something to the guide in the FAQ section later, though, as I can understand the confusion there. @Solo789: ....forgive me if I am being slow, but I fail to see how 1 snoralts egg per 2,000 interactions (for both snorunt + ralts pairings that you have shown, which would make them equally effective despite your previous statement??) (also with uneven compatability????) is indication of a superior breeding method to producing snoralts eggs, moreso than breeding two snoralts together??? I am really failing to see what you're trying to demonstrate, my apologies. I suppose I will have to do some tests (with MUCH higher interaction counts, as these are much too small to be conclusive of anything) to make sense of this, I'm very sorry. ;-;

@politoed: No, it will not! For it is not unexpected at all for an Early Bird Natu to produce an Early Bird Natu egg, it would be a bit silly to give a message saying as such ^^ I may add something to the guide in the FAQ section later, though, as I can understand the confusion there. @Solo789: ....forgive me if I am being slow, but I fail to see how 1 snoralts egg per 2,000 interactions (for both snorunt + ralts pairingd that you have shown, which would make them equally effective despite your previous statement??) is indication of a superior breeding method to producing snoralts eggs? I am really failing to see what you're trying to demonstrate, my apologies. I suppose I will have to do some tests (with MUCH higher interaction counts, as these are much too small to be conclusive of anything) to make sense of this, I'm very sorry. ;-;
Ah, I forgot not everyone thinks like me. >~< It's based on statistics. You get the fastest results through a Ralt/Snoralt pair, but it's a 1 out of 15 chance. Results are slower with a Snorunt/Snoralt pair, but it's a 1 out of 5 chance. The results are also 1 out of 5 with a Snoralt/Snoralt pair, but it takes significantly longer. Meaning for the quickest results, it's best to use a Snorunt/Snoralt pair. This is due to the fact it'll produce the most Snoralt eggs in the shortest span of time.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I am working with a travel-raddled brain, but I have some ideas of what's going on here, but I will do some thorough testing before I make a concrete decision. My first thought is that as variants are exclusives, they inherently create fewer eggs. These eggs can be either their regular counterpart eggs, or more rarely, the variant egg. (I do not know the exact rate of comparison between standard exclusive VS variant egg creation off the top of my head, haha, I really should write that down sometime) Even if they are paired with a regular pokemon that creates a Regular(tm) amount of eggs, I do not think/know for sure if the rate of variant eggs being produced is being influenced. (so i guess to sum up, i do not know if more eggs produced necessarily equals more exclusive eggs produced in this circumstance) [this is even more hard to tell as in a ralts/snoralts pair, both pokemon are making ralts eggs, but only one pokemon is making snoralts eggs] My brain(tm) is telling me that two variants of the same variant, while making less eggs overall, have double the chances of producing said variant egg as both pokemon are adding to the chances of the eggs being produced being the variant egg. I do not have concrete proof of this being the case, so I very well may be wrong, and the actual game mechanic may differ from what I am expecting. My second thought is that exclusive eggs are very, very, VERY inconsistent. I have gone thousands of interactions before with no exclusive eggs, despite 99% pairs, high happiness, + the red giga. Tests of 2,000 interactions are not NEARLY thorough enough to gauge the rates of exclusive egg production, and I will need much more thorough testing before I am comfortable coming to any conclusion. I hope this makes sense; this was the 3rd consecutive day of 13+ hours of driving per day and I am in dire need of rest, haha. It will take a while for me to test things on my end (to be very honest I will want a few days of Regular Normal Playing instead of thinking about this/data gathering) but I'll put it on my Mental List(tm)

I am working with a travel-raddled brain, but I have some ideas of what's going on here, but I will do some thorough testing before I make a concrete decision. My first thought is that as variants are exclusives, they inherently create fewer eggs. These eggs can be either their regular counterpart eggs, or more rarely, the variant egg. (I do not know the exact rate of comparison between standard exclusive VS variant egg creation off the top of my head, haha, I really should write that down sometime) Even if they are paired with a regular pokemon that creates a Regular(tm) amount of eggs, I do not think/know for sure if the rate of variant eggs being produced is being influenced. (so i guess to sum up, i do not know if more eggs produced necessarily equals more exclusive eggs produced in this circumstance) [this is even more hard to tell as in a ralts/snoralts pair, both pokemon are making ralts eggs, but only one pokemon is making snoralts eggs] My brain(tm) is telling me that two variants of the same variant, while making less eggs overall, have double the chances of producing said variant egg as both pokemon are adding to the chances of the eggs being produced being the variant egg. I do not have concrete proof of this being the case, so I very well may be wrong, and the actual game mechanic may differ from what I am expecting. My second thought is that exclusive eggs are very, very, VERY inconsistent. I have gone thousands of interactions before with no exclusive eggs, despite 99% pairs, high happiness, + the red giga. Tests of 2,000 interactions are not NEARLY thorough enough to gauge the rates of exclusive egg production, and I will need much more thorough testing before I am comfortable coming to any conclusion. I hope this makes sense; this was the 3rd consecutive day of 13+ hours of driving per day and I am in dire need of rest, haha. It will take a while for me to test things on my end (to be very honest I will want a few days of Regular Normal Playing instead of thinking about this/data gathering) but I'll put it on my Mental List(tm)
It makes sense, and that's incredibly close to what I'm saying, but I believe inheritence doesn't generaly have much to play on this. You would expect a Snorunt/Snoralt pair to generate more Snorunt eggs then Ralt/Snoralt eggs, but instead it generated nearly equal amounts of Ralt, Snoralt, and Snorunt eggs. Since a Ralt and Snoralt are incredibly similar, you would expect it to produce a decent amount of Snoralt eggs, yet it's reverse, they produce more Ralt eggs, and barely any Snoralt eggs. With a Snoralt/Snoralt pair, you expect similar results as of when you breed other variants (Ex: Koroku/Koroku), which is frankly, accurate. Now, go get some sleep, you need it. The secrets of Sally's control over the daycare can be solved another day.
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
I hope this is okay to post here, but i recently started trying the apoc golett breeding method and I'm actually having crazy good results. I'm baffled to be honest. Im finding my variant egg production went from 1 in 8 (with ditto and apoc golett, max pair of course) to a very consistent 1 in 5, (ditto breeding with golett holding meterorite) especially since golett has a better max percent with ditto than apoc golett (that 4% really makes the world of difference) Thank you so much for making this guide im never going back to breeding variants together regularly after this. ^^ this should be a good enough sample size to prove my findings 🤣🤣
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe

Pages: 12345··· 141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page