PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

How to Breed Variants!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 1234··· 141516

Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Added a small section on how to breed regional variants! Will be updating it later to be (hopefully) as thorough as the other variant list! Snoralts will also be added soon! Edit: Snoralts has been added, and the Shooting Star Cleffa line has been updated as needing a Tanzaku instead of a Wishing Stone (same item, just new name/appearance) Edit 2: Apparently the breeding method for SS Cleffa is a bit borked right now. Will update when fixed! Edit 3: And fixed! :D
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
DragonDance's AvatarDragonDance
Hello ! My 2 Minuns display the (!) Is this going to result in anything special? I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything. Thank you in advance.
× 45 / 500
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Yes this will! Minun are special in that they will breed Plusle when paired together, as a play on two negatives multiplied by each other making a positive! This effect can also be seen when breeding a Minun and a Plusle, which I believe only makes Minun eggs (as a play on a negative number multiplied by a positive number always making a negative) This is found on the wiki here!
Cattio's AvatarCattio
um, ive got a female rattata and a male primeape in the daycare, but they dont even have the "(!)" thing? what might i be doing wrong?
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Could you please link the pair? The only thing I can think off the top of my head right now is that if it is not a Kantonian rattata it may not be eligible for the special breeding method. I haven't personally tried it with an Alolan rattata (and don't have either pokes required to test that ATM) but I feel like that might cause a problem.
Cattio's AvatarCattio
https://pokefarm.com/summary/lnkGL (primeape) https://pokefarm.com/summary/l1QFx (rattata) these are the two (and yes. i know about That Thing. finding rattata eggs in the shelter is pretty difficult.)
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Huh, interesting. They look perfectly eligible from what I'm seeing, the only "anomaly" I notice is the Rattata's the offspring of the Primeape, but I don't recall that having any effect as far as PFQ is concerned. I also thought of another possibility, do you by any chance not have the Matchup Checker? The special breeding method alert does not show up if you don't have one!
Cattio's AvatarCattio
OH! the initial post should probably mention that the matchup checker is required for that to show up, if it doesnt already. I was under the assumption that it just showed that regardless. Nevermind, thank you for your help! (guess back to the annoying scour grind trying to get more gold poke so i can actually GET things)
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I didn't know it didn't show up either, haha! I only thought of it just now, and will definitely be adding that! Thank you for helping improve the guide :D Though, I'm not entirely sure if the checker is required for the pair to work in the first place? Will quickly test this! Edit: It's not needed to actually make the eggs!
Cattio's AvatarCattio
cool, good to know! thanks for the help in figuring this out

Pages: 1234··· 141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page