PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

How to Breed Variants!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 123··· 141516

Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Howdy! This is just a little guide on how to breed variants on PFQ. All the information here is also on the wiki, but hopefully this should be easier to visualize and will all be in the same place. I will also try to tell you exactly how to get certain items that are needed so you don't need to go wiki diving for those, either. I will provide screenshots for all breeding methods I can; If there are some that I do not have, I would love to use a screenshot from you if you have one! If a variant breeding method is discovered, please let me know if I haven't updated the guide already! (Though please give me 24 hours to update the guide before notifying me;; despite how I look I'm not here every hour of the day xwx) Also, if there's any mistakes I've made or information that's missing, please let me know as well!! If you have any questions, check out the FAQ at the end of the guide! If your question isn't answered there, feel free to ask in this thread! I'd love to help you! :D
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
About Variants!
Variants are a kind of PFQ exclusive. Like other breedable exclusives, they are much harder to breed than regular pokemon due to their lowered egg production rate. However, unlike other breedable exclusives, variants have special breeding methods besides the standard put-two-of-the-thing-you-want-to-breed-together method. These special breeding methods actually produce more variant eggs than the standard breeding method! While both methods will work, if you're looking to get more variant eggs, try out the special breeding method if you can! You will know you've got the special breeding method when the "(!) This couple may produce something unexpected!" message appears under your pair in the Daycare! When breeding variants, you will also get normal eggs of the pokemon the variant is based off of. Don't fret! This is normal, and you will get a lot more normal eggs than variant eggs. Just keep clicking! Make sure to buy the SpyGlass so you can distinguish different eggs from each other in the daycare! You can buy the SpyGlass from the Daycare page, or from other users via the Market or Trade Forums. If you just want to get the egg for the dex, I recommend checking the "Keep me notified of how many Eggs are being held" option on the Daycare page! It will tell you how many eggs, and more importantly, how many different kinds of eggs you have! It will help you know when the variant egg you're looking for is made! If you want advice on how to hunt variants, check out my thorough Exclusive Hunting Guide! It has everything you'd ever want to know about hunting exclusives, which includes variants!
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
List of Variants
If you're looking for a specific variant, I would recommend that you use Ctrl+F or "Find in page" on mobile and type in the name of the variant you want. The hideboxes contain the breeding method details. Click on the name of the line to be taken to the wiki page of said line. The wiki contains evolution methods and the special sprites for each member of the line.
Apocalyptic Golett + Apocalyptic Golurk

Breed a member of the Golett line while it holds a Meteorite. You can obtain a Meteorite by using a Mega Stone Voucher 4, finding one in a box, or buying it from other users via the Market or Trade Forums. You can obtain a Mega Stone Voucher 4 in the Prize Shop or by buying it from other users via the Market or Trade Forums. Remember, since the Golett line is genderless, you need to breed it with a Ditto!
Apocalyptic Growlithe + Apocalyptic Arcanine

Breed a female of the Growlithe line while she holds a Meteorite. You can obtain a Meteorite by using a Mega Stone Voucher 4, finding one in a box, or buying it from other users via the Market or Trade Forums. You can obtain a Mega Stone Voucher 4 in the Prize Shop or by buying it from other users via the Market or Trade Forums.
Apocalyptic Poochyena + Apocalyptic Mightyena

Breed a female member of the Poochyena line while she holds a Meteorite. You can obtain a Meteorite by using a Mega Stone Voucher 4, finding one in a box, or buying it from other users via the Market or Trade Forums. You can obtain a Mega Stone Voucher 4 in the Prize Shop or by buying it from other users via the Market or Trade Forums.
Apocalyptic Shroomish + Apocalyptic Breloom

Breed a female member of the Shroomish line while she holds a Meteorite. You can obtain a Meteorite by using a Mega Stone Voucher 4, finding one in a box, or buying it from other users via the Market or Trade Forums. You can obtain a Mega Stone Voucher 4 in the Prize Shop or by buying it from other users via the Market or Trade Forums.
Arctic Numel + Arctic Camerupt

Breed a female member of the Numel line while she holds a Snow Jewel. You can obtain a Snow Jewel by finding one in a box or by buying one from other users via the Market or Trade Forums.
Blue Moon Slugma + Blue Moon Magcargo

Breed a member of the Shellos line with a member of the Slugma line.
Bubbly Frillish + Bubbly Jellicent

A special breeding method has not yet been implemented for this line. Currently, you need to obtain a Bubbly Frillish or Jellicent and breed from it directly. You can obtain one from other users via the Trade Forum, or by finding one in the shelter that had been released. (PREDICTED METHOD: Breed a female of the Frillish line while she holds a Sun Jewel.)
Death Star Voltorb + Death Star Electrode

Breed a member of the Voltorb line with a Ditto while the member of the Voltorb line holds a Dubious Disk. Dubious Disks can be found via scouring, or by buying one from other users via the Market or Trade Forums.
Early Bird Natu + Early Bird Xatu

The Early Bird line does not have a special breeding method. You need to obtain an Early Bird Natu or Xatu and breed from it directly. You can obtain one from other users via the Trade Forum, or by finding one in the shelter that had been released.
Flying Pichu + Flying Pikachu + Flying Raichu

Breed a female Pikachu or Raichu
Pichu is a baby Pokemon, so it can not be bred.
while she is dressed with a Balloon accessory. Alolan Raichu works as well. Balloon accessories can be won in Contests by placing in the "Great" tier. This guide can help you do well in contests!
Frosdour + Chilldoom

Breed a female member of the Houndour line while she holds an Ice Statue. Ice Statues can be found randomly in boxes or purchased from other users on the Market or Trade Forums.
Galvanic Wooper + Galvanic Quagsire

A special breeding method has not yet been implemented for this line. Currently, you need to obtain a Galvanic Wooper or Quagsire and breed from it directly. You can obtain one from other users via the Trade Forum, or by finding one in the shelter that had been released. (PREDICTED METHOD 1: Breed a female of the Wooper line holding a specific electricity-themed item, such as a Thunder Fang or a Thunder Feather. PREDICTED METHOD 2: Breed a female of the Wooper line with a male electric-type Pokemon.)
Gibolu + Gabolu + Garcario

Breed a male of the Gible line with a female Lucario
Riolu is a baby Pokemon, so it can not be bred.
. [screenshot needed]
Glileo + Pyriscor

Breed a female of the Litleo line with a male of the Gligar line.
Guild Igglybuff + Guild Jigglypuff + Guild Wigglytuff

Breed a female Wigglytuff who knows her favorite Scour Location and has 5 IVs at 31. This guide can help you with IV breeding!
Hallowe'en Witch Purrloin + Hallowe'en Witch Liepard

The Hallowe'en Witch line does not have a special breeding method. You need to obtain a Hallowe'en Witch Purrloin or Liepard and breed from it directly. You can obtain one from other users via the Trade Forum, or by finding one in the shelter that had been released!
Igneous Bidoof + Igneous Bibarel

A special breeding method has not yet been implemented for this line. Currently, you need to obtain an Igneous Bidoof or Bibarel and breed from it directly. You can obtain one from other users via the Trade Forum, or by finding one in the shelter that had been released. (PREDICTED METHOD 1: Breed a female of the Bidoof line holding a specific fire/heat-themed item, such as a Fire Fang or a Magma Stone. PREDICTED METHOD 2: Breed a female of the Bidoof line with a male fire-type Pokemon.)

Breed a Lunupine with a Solynx while both parents have maximum Affection. While Kinaster is technically not a variant, it has a special breeding method, so I figured it should go here as well. Make sure you max out their AFFECTION, not their happiness. You can increase affection by feeding pokemon a Perfect Berry of their preference (or any Perfect Berry if the pokemon has no preference.) You can obtain Perfect Berries by using the Amaze Mulch in the Berry Garden (on Aspear, Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, or Rawst berries), or by purchasing them from other users via the Market or Trade Forums. You will need 6 Perfect Berries to max one's affection, so 12 to max both. Kinaster are notoriously hard to breed, so if it seems like there's no eggs in sight, keep trying! As long as you have the "(!) This couple may produce something unexpected!" message, you WILL get an egg, just be patient and keep clicking!
Koroku + Kyukori

Breed a Vulpix with an Articuno. Both Kantonian or Alolan Vulpix will work, and both Kantonian and Galarian Articuno will work. (NOTE! It MUST be a Vulpix, not a Ninetales.) NOTE! Koroku are VERY hard to breed, and will take significantly more interactions to produce an egg than other variant pairs. As long as you have the "(!) This couple may produce something unexpected!" message, you WILL get an egg, just be patient and keep clicking!

While you cannot breed Magquaza as it is a legendary pokemon, you can obtain a Magquaza by using a Mage Orb. You can obtain a Mage Orb by giving a Jade Orb to a Mismagius, or by buying one from other users via the Market or Trade Forums. Jade Orbs can be found randomly in boxes or purchased from other users on the Market or Trade Forums.
Noismog + Noismoem + Solgavern + Lunavern

Breed a member of the Cosmog line
Lunala, Solgaleo, and Cosmoem has been tested successfully; will update after test with Cosmog
with a member of the Noibat line.
Orthrus Houndour + Cerberus Houndoom

Breed a female of the Houndour line with a male of the Deino line.

Breed a Rayquaza with a member of the Trapinch line.
Saiyan Rattata + Super Saiyan Rattata + Super Saiyan Raticate

Breed a female Rattata with a male Primeape. Both Kantonian or Alolan Rattata will work. (NOTE! The female MUST be a Rattata, not Raticate, and the male MUST be a Primeape, not Mankey!)

Breed a female Heracross with a male of the Yamask line. Galarian Yamask will work, however, Runerigus will not.
Seasonal Turtwig + Seasonal Grotle + Seasonal Torterra

Breed a female of the Turtwig line with a male of the Deerling line. The Seasonal line, as the name suggests, changes with the seasons. There is no way to hatch a specific season, nor keep the season the same as time passes.
Shinxel + Fluxio + Fluxray

Breed a female of the Buizel line with a male of the Shinx line.
Shooting Star Cleffa + Shooting Star Clefairy + Shooting Star Clefable

Breed a female member of the Clefairy line while she is holding a Tanzaku. Tanzakus can be found randomly in boxes or purchased from other users on the Market or Trade Forums. (Image is out of date, when Tanzaku were Wishing Stones. Will update when possible.)
Siberian Glameow + Siberian Purugly

A special breeding method has not yet been implemented for this line. Currently, you need to obtain a Siberian Glameow or Purugly and breed from it directly. You can obtain one from other users via the Trade Forum, or by finding one in the shelter that had been released. (PREDICTED METHOD: Breed a female of the Glameow line while she holds a Snow Jewel.)
Snichu + Vilechu

Breed a male Sneasel with a female Pikachu or Raichu
Snow Combee + Snow Vespiquen

Breed a female member of the Combee line while she holds a Snow Jewel. You can obtain a Snow Jewel by finding one in a box or by buying one from other users via the Market or Trade Forums. Remember, only female Combee can become Vespiquen, and the same is true for the Snow variant!
Snowpoke + Snowbro + Snowking

Breed a female member of the Slowpoke line while she holds a Snow Jewel. Both Kantonian and Galarian Slowpoke will work. You can obtain a Snow Jewel by finding one in a box or by buying one from other users via the Market or Trade Forums.
Snoralts + Snolia + Frosvoir + Glaillade

Breed a female of the Snorunt line with a male of the Ralts line.
Spritzkrow + Aromakrow

Breed a female of the Spritzee line with a male of the Murkrow line.
Surfing Pichu + Surfing Pikachu + Surfing Raichu + Snowboarding Pikachu + Snowboarding Raichu

Breed a female Pikachu or Raichu
while she is dressed with a Surfboard accessory. Alolan Raichu works as well. You can buy a Surfboard from the Accessory Shop for 180 Wepear Berries. You can find Wepear Berries in boxes, or by buying one from other users on the Market or Trade Forums. After buying one berry, you can grow them in your Garden for free so you don't need to buy all 180! The Snowboarding line comes from the Surfing line. You get a Snowboarding Pikachu by using a Snow Jewel on a Surfing Pichu. You can obtain a Snow Jewel by finding one in a box or by buying one from other users via the Market or Trade Forums.
Vampire Gligar + Vampire Gliscor

The Vampire line does not have a special breeding method. You need to obtain a Vampire Gligar or Gliscor and breed from it directly. You can obtain one from other users via the Trade Forum, or by finding one in the shelter that had been released.

You cannot breed XD001, as it is a legendary. However, you can obtain XD001 eggs through the Prize Shop.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Regional Variants
While not exclusives, regional variants also have special breeding methods! When you breed a female [region] pokemon with a male pokemon that has a [same region] variant, it will produce the regional variant. For example: (male pokemon with a Galarian form + female pokemon in the Galar dex) This pairing will produce Galarian Zigzagoon eggs! Just keep your eye out for the "(!) This couple may produce something unexpected!" message! If you don't have that, your pairing will NOT produce variant eggs.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
FAQ
My pair isn't making the "(!) This couple may produce something unexpected!" message!
  • Does the pokemon need a held item? Is the held item on the correct pokemon?
  • Did you follow the specified gender(s) and/or species of the guide? Those aren't just suggestions!
  • Do you have a male and a female? Or a ditto with your genderless pokemon?
  • Are you trying to use a baby pokemon for breeding? (like Pichu + Cleffa) Baby pokemon can't make eggs! Evolve it and try again!
  • Do you have the Matchup Checker? The message will not show up if you do not own one! You can buy one from the Daycare for 100GP! NOTE: The Matchup Checker is not required for the pair to make variant eggs! You just will not be able to see the message and confirm if your pair is eligible for the special breeding method.
  • Are you using the variant itself in your pair? If so, the message will not show up, as it is completely expected for a variant to produce its own egg!
My pair is making the "(!) This couple may produce something unexpected!" message, but they're not making eggs!
  • Are both your pokemon's happiness above 0%? If not, feed them a Sweet Heart or two or put the pokemon in a field that it likes to regain its happiness. (Note: If you're putting a pokemon in a field to restore happiness, you must take it out of the daycare for the happiness to take effect!) You can purchase Sweet Hearts from other users via the Market or the Trade Forums. (Sweet Hearts are also obtained during the sitewide Valentine's Day event, but if you only need one or two, it's fine to just buy them now instead of waiting months!)
  • Do your pokemon have a high level difference? That will definitely impact the rate they make eggs! Try to get them within 10 or 20 levels of eachother!
  • Are you breeding with a legendary? Legendary variant pairs are notorious for being difficult to breed with since the compatibility % is always so, so low. It took me over 20k interactions to get my Koroku egg, so just keep clicking!! Or, alternatively, you can try using a high % pair of the variant itself instead of the special breeding method! I have not personally tested in the case of legendary pairs if that is more effecient, but many users swear by it.
My pair is making the "(!) This couple may produce something unexpected!" message, but they're only making normal eggs!
  • That's to be expected! Variant pairs will always produce normal eggs, a LOT more than variant eggs. Just keep clicking and you'll get your variant eggs, I promise! Be sure to purchase a Spyglass from the Daycare page to be able to tell the differences between your eggs!
  • What's your pair's compatibility % like? A high % pair is extremely recommended for variant breeding, since the chances of producing variant eggs are so low, every % in your favor counts!! Trying to breed with a low % pair may not be worth it for the potential hand strain. Try using this guide to get a higher % pair! (NOTE! Some variant breeding methods including legendaries will always have an incredibly low compatibility %.) (NOTE! Pairs that involve pokemon of different species will always have a lower % chance than those of the same species. It's normal for pairs of different species to never reach 90%, or even 70%!)
  • Do your pokemon have a high level difference? That will definitely impact the rate they make eggs! Try to get them within 10 or 20 levels of eachother!
  • If you're still having this problem, how many interactions have you made? 5,000? 10,000? 20,000? If you have a low compatibility % pair, it may take a good amount of elbow grease for variant eggs to be produced, especially for pairs that involve legendaries or for Kinaster! I'd recommend getting a higher % pair if possible, but in either case, just keep clicking!!
  • Make sure you're maxing your breeding odds if you can! Keeping your pokemon at high happiness and utilizing the Red Gigaremo will double (if not more) your egg production! I have a VERY in-depth post on how the Red Gigaremo works here!
Where's the other variants?
The variants I have not listed are form changes for already-hatched members of that line. This includes Feral Incineroar, Pointe Style Oricorio, Primal Dialga Q, Primal Palkia Q, and all Totem Pokemon. If you want to learn how to obtain those pokemon, click on the links and you'll be brought to their respective Wiki page which will detail exactly how to get them!
How do I get a higher % pair?
This guide should be able to help you with that! Everything in it applies to variant breeding as well.
How am I supposed to click so much?
Check out this Massclicking Guide! I've compiled my own massclicking tips/methods into this post. Remember to take frequent breaks; don't injure your hand for a silly pokemon egg hatching site!!
How do I see the different kinds of eggs my pair is making?
Buy a SpyGlass from the DayCare page, or from other users via the Market or Trade Forums!
How do I see the compatibility % of my pair?
Buy a Matchup Checker from the DayCare page, or from other users via the Market or Trade Forums!
How do I dress up my pokemon?

This is an image intensive answer!

Go to the pokemon's page, click the three little lines, and select "Dress-up"! Choose the accessory you want to put on the pokemon by clicking on it! You can position it to look nice if you like, but that's not necessary for breeding functionality. Make sure to save when you're done!
In your example picture, you used a shiny/delta/mega/etc. Does mine need to be special as well?
Not at all! There are no breeding methods that require the pokemon to be special. As long as the species is the same, any regular old pokemon will do the job!
Do I need to use the exact same pokemon you use in your pair?
It depends on the pair! If the breeding method specifies both parents, you must follow those specifications. If the breeding method only specifies one parent, the other can be any compatible pokemon!
Why can't I find my variant eggs in the shelter?
Like other exclusives, most variant eggs are deleted upon releasing them from the Daycare. Your primary way of obtaining eggs will be from the Daycare directly!
Do you have advice on hunting variants?
Oh, boy, do I! I have a whole guide on hunting exclusives here! Everything I say there applies to variants as well.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
And I think that's it! As I said in the intro, if there's any info that's missing or needs to be corrected, let me know! And if you have any questions about variant breeding that's not answered by the guide or FAQ, feel free to ask it here! I'll do my best to help :D
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
[reserved]
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
[reserved]
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
[reserved]
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
[reserved]

Pages: 123··· 141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page