PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Caps & Mints

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

POLL: Would you like to see Bottlecaps added?

Total votes: 32

You must be logged in to vote.

POLL: Would you like to see Mints added?

Total votes: 30

You must be logged in to vote.

Szarkai's AvatarSzarkai
Suggestion Title: Add Bottlecaps from Gen 7 and Mints from Gen 8 to Pokefarm. Suggestion Summary: Items will work relatively similar to how they work in the game. Bottlecaps are an extremely rare that will change the stats of a level 100 pokemon based on IV and Base Stats. Mints are extremely rare items that change the stats of a level 100 pokemon based on nature and Base Stats. Neither boosts gained by Mints or Bottlecaps will be hereditary. - A pokemon with a bottlecapped IV can not pass down a 31 as that stat, it will pass down it's original IV. the IV is not truly changed to 31, but the final stat total is altered to be AS IF the IV was 31. - A pokemon with a minted nature can not pass down that nature if given an everstone, it will pass down it's original nature. The nature is not truly changed from one to another, but the final stat total is altered to be AS IF the nature was the mint's type. Using caps or mints would charge credits, similar to mega evolving. To make sure Caps and Mints are not overused and thus ruin the value of nature and IV breeding, they can only be used on pokemon that have been trained to Level 100. Mints and Bottlecaps could be used in the Dojo. Mints and Bottlecaps could be obtained in boxes at a similar rate to an Arceus Summon each, or purchased for ZC. Positive points: May encourage more people to get into competitive battling on PokeFarm. Negative points: May lower the value of certian High-IV pokemon and pokemon of certian natures. Reason For Consideration: I notice not too many people actively battle, and I think it may be because finding pokemon with good stats is relatively difficult unless you have a high IV breeding pair with a good nature. I think this will make competitve battlign more accessible to the general public. ABOUT WISHFORGE MASTER BADGES: I don't think it will lessen the value of a wishforge badge as with a wishforge badge the IVs do pass on and are there from level 1, no need to level up to 100. I put these limitations in place to reflect the item's function in the game and to protect the value of wishforge badges. Feel free to treat these suggestions as 2 seperate things, as I just thought it'd be easier on Sally to make only one thread for the suggestion. I'll be including polls for each item.
©
Header, Art and Coding by Whitley. Edits by Whitley. Edits composed of GIFs by MrDiv on Giphy & luisbc on DA, Photograph by TrinketGeek, and Wallpaper by Shutterstock.
Leacky's AvatarLeacky
There was recently a suggestion for implementing Mints but it was rejected because Niet thinks it's a game-breaking feature (I was trying to find that thread but it looks like it was deleted). I'm not entirely sure but I think Bottle Caps were suggested too but were rejected as well for the same reason.
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
I'm back! *My new Shop*
Szarkai's AvatarSzarkai

QUOTE originally posted by Leacky

There was recently a suggestion for implementing Mints but it was rejected because Niet thinks it's a game-breaking feature (I was trying to find that thread but it looks like it was deleted). I'm not entirely sure but I think Bottle Caps were suggested too but were rejected as well for the same reason.
I think I remember the bottlecap one a long time ago, but I was never sure about one for mints and I think there weren't reasonable limits at the time of the original suggestion. I fail to see how itll be game breaking for the mere fact a pokemon must be raised to Level 100 to use one, not to mention the rarity of bottlecaps and mints themselves. We can even do it so there's a differnet mint for each nature and a different cap for each stat to encourage trading and further increase rarity.
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by Leacky

Im laughing so hard at this because i too spent the better part of the last half hour looking for the thread leacky talks about. This isnt the same feature but heres a basic summary of what niets answer was to a suggestion similar to this.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Absolutely not. That is an utterly game breaking feature.
In the actual response to a suggestion similar to this one he further explains that he thinks mints and i suppose by extension, bottle caps, are game breaking items in the main series game that he personally thinks shouldn't have even been implemented in the first place (and I completely agree with him to be honest) But yeah, no support because it takes the difficulty out of iv breeding and nature breeding which would really spit in the faces of users on this site who put a lot of effort into those things to make is basically super easy to get good ivs and natures from items.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I think there is a bit of an... Over limit? Idk how to said it, but the fact thats is - as rare as arceus flûte - only usable on level 100 - not usable in breeding Really limit the utility of those item. While I understand the reason, I feel like the level 100 part should be removed. I have also a question about Pokémon whose evolution is depending on stats or nature... How would it work?
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Szarkai's AvatarSzarkai
@Terrabit That's fair, I can see that point of view, but personally I support this being added because I think it would help beginners be on a more equal playing field with advanced breeders with more resources. ('specially since well, free 6IV dittos arent a thing like they were in gens 6, 7 & even 8) @Nightmon I intentionally super nerfed the suggestion because I KNOW it's been rejected before, and I really, really wanna see this happen. I tried to make it as less game break as possible, and if I were to edit a limit it'd be the rarity, considering the only usable on level 100 thing and the not usable in breeding thing are canon to the main series. In regards to evolution based on stats or nature: - Evolution based on nature would default to the original nature, not minted. - Evolution based on stat totals is based on stat TOTALS, so bottlecaps and mints would affect, but why would you be waiting till level 100 to evolve a tyrouge anyway?
lovey's Avatarlovey
no opinion / no support i dont really see a point in it? both have been rejected, and if it's to give breeding equity in the way you describe then i don't really think it would fit on site. in the games, both items' effects couldn't carry down or be used to help with breeding. so they really have no use to be used for breeding purposes here :(
A HUGE nerd. currently hunting for an melan shinx! nyehehehehe i really need to actually update this signature u_u
Please no. This would break already almost non existent IV market and ruin IV breeders. 1. Getting +180IV pokemon with right nature is extremely easy, and a lot of IV breeders give out 5IVs for free. So instead of buying a fairly expensive 6IV from a breeder (who spent a lot of time and effort trying to hatch it), you can just get 5IV for free and use items to max out it's IVs and/or change nature, making 6IV hunts pointless. 2. How can you tell mints or caps weren't used? Because if you couldn't tell from looking at it in someone's field, people would be able to sell 6IVs, I buy and try to breed them only to realise, hey, they have been IV boosted so I can't IV breed them properly. 3. During spars, pokemon are set to LV50 meaning that max IVs don't give that big of a boost. A lot of factors are at play when it comes to spars and max IV isn't making that big of a change, especially if you say want pokemon with low speed and nature that decreases speed. No need for 6IV in that case. (I can provide examples if needed?) Besides, leveling to 100 has nothing to do with spars or training. 4. Natures do give quite a nice boost but again it will devalue the actual work that goes into IV breeding, making it literally too easy to get what you want. And on top of that you are unable to breed it. Having a pokemon you only battle with without the ability to breed it, in my opinion, makes it less valuable. It's only good for one thing, while my 6IV with right nature I spent a lot of time in getting can both IV and nature breed. :D 5. Destiny Knot already has issues with sometimes not passing down 5IVs if taken out despite parents holding it as the egg was created and adopted, and on extremely rare occasions not passing down any at all. I feel like this would just cause more problems when it comes to IV breeding in terms of what can be correctly passed down.

It's not exactly intended, but it's how it's coded. It was the best I could do and now we're stuck with it.
6. It was already rejected.

This is something I have thought about a great deal, but I'm hesitant to do it. As a Breeder, it's kind of your "in-story" purpose to breed the best Pokémon you can. Hyper Training would kind of detract from that, and frankly I don't agree with that feature being added to Sun/Moon in the first place. And yes, I would have to separately track "real IVs" as compared to "boosted IVs", but that's not the reason for declining this suggestion. Consider also that you have Wishforge Badges beyond Wishalloy to get better IVs. This applies to Legends too. The only way I could see this being implemented would be to have it incredibly rare, which wouldn't be worth it because at some point just breeding the IVs would be easier.
So please no. Just go find IV breeders or make a thread asking for high or 5IV bred pokemon with right nature. I know a lot of IV breeders, myself included, who have full fields of 5 and 6IV pokemon with great natures that can't be sold because there is a lack of interest.
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
Szarkai's AvatarSzarkai

QUOTE originally posted by lovey

no opinion / no support i dont really see a point in it? both have been rejected, and if it's to give breeding equity in the way you describe then i don't really think it would fit on site. in the games, both items' effects couldn't carry down or be used to help with breeding. so they really have no use to be used for breeding purposes here :(
Ah, i think you misunderstand me? This woulnd't affect breeding, but it would provide competitive battling equity.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It makes breeding irrelevant since you can just take any mediocre individual and make it perfect. Mints and Bottle caps and the Ability Capsule are utterly game breaking items that should never have been added to the official games. I will not make their mistake.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page