PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Whitley's School of Art and Design

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon Art > Art Schools >

Pages: 1234

Whit's AvatarWhit

Whitley's School of Art and Design

We teach: Sprites, Drawing, Coding, 3D and more!
  • Overview
  • Rules
  • Roster
  • Assignments

OVERVIEW

Hello there! I'm Whitley, thank you for checking out my art school. I'm a professional artist with an A.A.S. in Graphic Design. I've been doing digital art for 7+ years and I have been in the professional world for around 4 doing freelance. I'm here to share my knowledge with you!

rules

1. All PFQ Rules apply!
  2. Signing up for classes is 100% free.
  3. Assignments have no due dates. Think of them as tutorials that you can follow at your leisure.
  4. Do not post here without first asking to sign up.
  5. Please be polite, and know how to accept a critique. I am a professionally-trained artist who gives professional critique.
  6. I will be giving out awards/badges to those who complete assignments. These have no currency value and are completely symbolic / decorative.
  7. All lesson plans are created by and belong to me.

Roster

• All Students
  • By Class
NameEnrollmentBadges
MatamojaAnatomy 101, Defining Art Style, Color Theory
D33RG0D5AllN/A
poke0827Anatomy 101, Color Theory, Defining Art Style
SpewpaBBCode and CSSN/A
sleek07Color TheoryN/A
N/AN/AN/A

Color Theory

NameEnrollment
D33RG0D5All
sleek07Color Theory

Anatomy

NameEnrollment
D33RG0D5All

BBCode and CSS

NameEnrollment
D33RG0D5All
SpewpaBBCode and CSS

Defining your Art Style

NameEnrollment
D33RG0D5All

Spriting

NameEnrollment
D33RG0D5All

Intro to Maya

NameEnrollment
D33RG0D5All

Assignments

SIGNUP FORM

Name: Your Name
Enrollment: What classes you will be taking.
Softwares: What softwares you will be using to draw, code, sprite or model in. Adobe softwares, Clip Studio Paint, and Microsoft Paint are used primarily at this school. If pen and paper, just put 'traditional.'
Other Info: Anything you think I should know, from experience and skill level to things you want to work on most.

If you'd like to support me, consider buying art below!

Affiliates

None yet! Please PM me with your affiliation request!

Show your Support!

[url=https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/281163/Whitley-s-School-of-Art-and-Design/post/5523590][img]https://i.ibb.co/znCZ4Xn/whitsartschool.gif[/img][/url]
Whitley - It/Its/He/Him - 21 DO NOT USE THEY/THEM PRONOUNS FOR ME.

Current Chain: 0 | 38

Matamoja's AvatarMatamoja
I hope this is open, sorry if I'm posting too early ^^; Name: Matamoja Enrollment: Anatomy 101, maybe the 3d course. Softwares: Traditional, might trace over in MediBang paint. Does blender work for the 3d course or is it specifically for Maya? Other Info: I have had a lot of time to practice drawing lately so I have improved, but I would still say I'm a beginner. As for 3d, I have made and animated very simple objects in blender.
Name: Matamoja "And what if none of their souls were saved? They went to their maker impeccably shaved"
~Sweeney Todd
Whit's AvatarWhit

QUOTE originally posted by Matamoja

I hope this is open, sorry if I'm posting too early ^^; Name: Matamoja Enrollment: Anatomy 101, maybe the 3d course. Softwares: Traditional, might trace over in MediBang paint. Does blender work for the 3d course or is it specifically for Maya? Other Info: I have had a lot of time to practice drawing lately so I have improved, but I would still say I'm a beginner. As for 3d, I have made and animated very simple objects in blender.
Accepted! :D For the 3D course, it's specifically Maya as that's what I've learned.
D33RG0D5's AvatarD33RG0D5
Name: D33RG0D5 Enrollment: All them? If Possible? If I have pick my mains it be anatomy and coloring. Softwares: Krita, Sai, Traditional, Photoshop and Blender (I never used these two but I have them.) Other Info: I have alot time to practice I also will be drawing some art for friends on the side so I might be a tad slow this month. I am a newbie to coding and 3d arts but I love to learn as much as I can :D
Avatar by - Sheepiod (Yes, Im playing a kazoo! LoL!!!) BUYING ~ Life Antlers - 150k - 300k, and Delta Points for 10k per point - Pm Me if you have these. Delta Progress 15,771 out 66,000
× 167 / 5000
Whit's AvatarWhit

QUOTE originally posted by D33RG0D5

Name: D33RG0D5 Enrollment: All them? If Possible? If I have pick my mains it be anatomy and coloring. Softwares: Krita, Sai, Traditional, Photoshop and Blender (I never used these two but I have them.) Other Info: I have alot time to practice I also will be drawing some art for friends on the side so I might be a tad slow this month. I am a newbie to coding and 3d arts but I love to learn as much as I can :D
Accepted! Our first lesson will peobably be for the anatomy course, as that's what most people are interested in! :)
poke0827's Avatarpoke0827
Name: poke0827 Enrollment: Anatomy 101, Color Theory, and possibly Defining Art Style? Softwares: Sony Sketch, though I'm highly considering switching to SAI2. Also traditional. Other Info: I've been working on drawing headshots, so my full body drawings might be rusty. Also my traditional art's been failing since I started drawing digital. ;v;
Forum ava is art by OneTwo of my Bulbxie!
Whit's AvatarWhit

ANATOMY 101 LESSON 1: Facial Anatomy Step-By-Step

1. The upper edge of the eyes' y-level is 2/5 the way down from the top of the head
  2. The bridge of the nose y-level is 3/5 the way down from the top of the head
  3. The lower lip's y-level is 4/5 the way down from the top of the head
  4. The middle of the eyes is the same y-level as the top of the ears.
  5. The top of the upper lip is the same y-level as the bottom of the ears.
  6. The inner tip of each eye is the same x-level as the outer points of the nose.
  7. The outer tips of the lips's x-level goes 1/3 the way into the eyes

Try it yourself! Post your portrait below!

Whit's AvatarWhit

QUOTE originally posted by poke0827

Name: poke0827 Enrollment: Anatomy 101, Color Theory, and possibly Defining Art Style? Softwares: Sony Sketch, though I'm highly considering switching to SAI2. Also traditional. Other Info: I've been working on drawing headshots, so my full body drawings might be rusty. Also my traditional art's been failing since I started drawing digital. ;v;
Accepted! We'll be working on fullbodys in a bit :)
Whit's AvatarWhit

BBCODE AND CSS 101 LESSON 1: Styling a button

Here we have code for a button! Today, we'll learn how to style it.
[center] [url=https://pokefarm.com/user/Whit] [sc=mybutton]My Profile[/sc] [/url] [/center]
  • Unstyled
  • Styled
First, let's review our BBCode.
  • [center] will center the button inside of our container.
  • [url=link] will link to where we want our button to take us.
  • [sc=mybutton] will load the style of our button. Inside here is where we'll label our button.
  • [/sc] will end our styling.
  • [/url] will close out our link.
  • [/center] will stop centering anything below that point.
Next, let's color our button. Open up a [style] tag at the beginning of your post, and close with [/style] right before your post content starts. Inside, we'll define our button style. Like so.
[style] .mybutton { } [/style]
In between the brackets { } is where we'll add our coding for colors. to start, the color: tag defines text color. the background-color: tag defines the box color. We'll also want a red text-shadow:, You'll see why later. So since we want a red box with a red text shadow and black text, we'll type:
[style] .mybutton { color: black; background-color:red; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px red; } [/style]
Make sure to close out each line with a ;, otherwise, both that line and the one below it won't work. Now, we'll add our border. To get a uniform border all around, you only need to specify one border: line. However since we have 4 border colors on our button, we'll be using border-left:, border-right:, border-top:, and border-bottom: like so.
[style] .mybutton { color: black; background-color:red; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px red; border-top: 2px solid white; border-left: 2px solid lightgray; border-right: 2px solid gray; border-bottom: 2px solid black; } [/style]
Now, we need four extra lines to make our button really work and look good. display: inline block; will make our button flow with text, and center like it too. width: will set how big our button gets. padding: will add extra space around our box so our text has a little breathing room, and box-sizing: border-box; makes it so that even though we're adding padding, our box won't go over it's set width. So let's add that.
[style] .mybutton { color: black; background-color:red; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px red; border-top: 2px solid white; border-left: 2px solid lightgray; border-right: 2px solid gray; border-bottom: 2px solid black; display: inline-block; width: 100px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; } [/style]
But we're not done yet! We want our button to change color when we hover over it, and when we click on it! So we're going to be opening up two actions by our classes: .mybutton:hover{ } and .mybutton:active{ }! Hover changes color on, well, hover-- and active changes color on click. And now we can see our beautiful text-shadow on an action, too!
[style] .mybutton { color: black; background-color:red; text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px red; border-top: 2px solid white; border-left: 2px solid lightgray; border-right: 2px solid gray; border-bottom: 2px solid black; display: inline-block; width: 100px; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; } .mybutton:hover{ background-color:yellow; } .mybutton:active{ background-color:orange; } [/style]
And there you go! You have a button code that you can put into any template! Good work!

Try it yourself! Post your custom button below!

poke0827's Avatarpoke0827
I'll admit, I'm not used to drawing noses, but I hope everything else turned out OK!

Facial Anatomy Drawing

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page