PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Master badge IV increasing question? (Possible Bug?)

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 12

Rebecca Gold's AvatarRebecca Gold
Important: Master badge increased IVs which are randomised - given by Sally. It will not increase IVs inherited by parents, and will not lock the total IVs. It only locks individual IVs. This is why Master badge is only useful for raising IVs of pokemons with no parents. Also, pokemon can still have 0 in its IVs regardless of Master badge class. As an IV breeder, I was doing a research how exactly Master Badge IV increases the pokemon IVs. Since pokemon with parents by default inherit 3IVs, other three being random, best way to properly see the effect is with legendaries. I found people with master badges from class 1 to 4, who have hunted legenaries with one of the type matching the badge and came to the following conclusion. Master badge locks singular IV from having low number. 0IV aren't being excluded, and higher the class, higher the IV. Class 1 - lowest IV is 10 Class 2 - lowest IV is 12 Class 3 - lowest IV is 14 Class 4 - lowest IV is 16 If my theory is correct, someone with master badge class 3 shouldn't hatch pokemon with IV in defence being 12, right? However, I found user Sandslash666 who has Normal Master Badge class 3 (Metronome Gemwish Badge), and they hunted Sikannos, a Normal/Fire Pokemon and well few of them had IV 12 and 13. This has 13 in speed, and this has 12 in defence. (User has this badge for over a year and I got their permission via pm to link pokemon in this thread.) So is this a bug, is my research conclusion wrong, am I missing something, or is there something I don't know about? EDIT: I found a user, with both Normal and Fire Class 1 Master badge and I know for a fact they had those badges for a year, and Sikannos IVs are awfully low: 4/4/13/15/16/5=57 Is there a problem with Sikannos or did Master badge bonus got some sort of change?
Mareep's AvatarMareep
I think your theory is incorrect. I have a master I normal badge and hatched this disaster earlier today. I only checked about 30 of them, but I got multiple with IVs below your threshold. The 59 ones was the worst though. I've always thought master badges lock the total IVs, not the individual ones. I can check a few more fields if you want to know if I find a worse one that the linked
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
Your Eevee has parents and it inherited 3IVs from parents, hence extremely bad IVs. This is why I said: "Since pokemon with parents by default inherit 3IVs, other three being random, best way to properly see the effect is with legendaries." Legendaries don't have parents so all 6IVs have to be given by Sally, (aka randomly generated). See, red are randomized, blue are inheritance: Click for full view
Mareep's AvatarMareep
I understand that, I just thought it still might be useful since neither of the parents have 0 ivs in special attack, but it does.
I edited my post to clarify that - Pokemon will still have 0IV, as that's not locked out unfortunately. In different IV quesion I had, Niet said it is desirable and thus left in randomisation number pool. (It still annoys me to no end to see pokemon with three 0IVs but nothing can be done about that) So instead of going from 0-31 it goes 0 and 10-31, then 0 and 12-31 and so on.
Mareep's AvatarMareep
Yeah, I jsut saw your edit. Thanks a ton for taking time to explain that, that makes way more sense now. Sorry for the confusion
Thank you for trying to help, I really appreciate it! ;v; <3 Hopefully we get some kind of confirmation on my theory and explanation why this seemingly "low IV bug" happened.
selocon's Avatarselocon
Are you sure your numbers weren't accidentally skewed? I ask because unless the user got the badge prior to the legend hunt, it could be luck, or Everstone. Can both of these factors be ruled out entirely i your initial number?
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Everstone has no influence on IVs at all, only Nature. I pmed a user and they told me they have this badge for over a year. I got their permission to link their pokemon and then I made this thread. It being dual type also shouldn't lower IVs as that would honestly be ridiculous. Also, those legendaries other users hatched were dual in type so no idea what happened here and if anything changed. Thank you for trying to help, much appreciated! EDIT: I found a user, with both Normal and Fire Class 1 Master badge and I know for a fact they had those badges for a year, and Sikannos IVs are awfully low: 4/4/13/15/16/5=57 Is there a problem with Sikannos or did Master badge bonus got some sort of change?
Bump

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page