PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Account Breach incident

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 222324

Zorovern's AvatarZorovern
For the VPN thing, what's stopping them from creating a new account with a different email/fake birthday/whatever and starting again? Sorry, this has me really paranoid (even though I probably wouldn't be affected because I never really go completely inactive?) To the people saying 2FA should be connected to phones, what about people like myself who don't have phones? Fine if it's optional but what if it's not? I understand the concern but to me this all seems a little excessive for a clicking game site. And yes I know real money is traded sometimes (and I hope RMT doesn't get disallowed because I'm thinking I may be forced to sell some of my melans soon haha). idk I guess I'm just confused and kinda overwhelmed over why someone would even get the idea to do something so evil on a frikkin' pokemon game :/
(avatar credit)
Helioptile fanart drawn by me in the Colors3D 3DS app.
Actual sig coming eventually :p
flutterbutt's Avatarflutterbutt
one problem: you said you made/were going to make the VIP list so that you couldn’t see who’s online correct? if you look at the farm (tab 1) and look at the vip list, it still tells you how long someone’s been offline (or at least for me it does)
Perroc's AvatarPerroc

QUOTE originally posted by flutterbutt

one problem: you said you made/were going to make the VIP list so that you couldn’t see who’s online correct? if you look at the farm (tab 1) and look at the vip list, it still tells you how long someone’s been offline (or at least for me it does)
If they are offline for more than 7 days, it just says >7 days, instead of <Insert ludacris amount of time here>.
"On some level, I think I always understood, that a ship could never really love an anchor."
  • Click?
  • Us too?
  • Records
  • Note!!
Lovely Soup

Lovely Soup

Consumable

(: 0)

A special bowl of soup, made with love! Feed to a Pokémon to boost Happiness by 50.

Sells for 1

Lv. 100 — +4,443,714
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireRock
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
Active shiny chain: 1586 (I'm probably hunting Pichu if it's above 300) Type Race Points: 799 Type Race Highlights: June 2021, Psychic (first place): 3,575
PLEASE NOTE: I have autism and OSDD and struggle with my tone and communicating at times. Because of this, I may be very awkward in DMs at times, but I promise I don't bite!
Character in pfp is Sora from Kingdom Hearts, drawn by my good friend SulphurWolf. For my use only<3
Mog's AvatarMog

QUOTE originally posted by Zorovern

For the VPN thing, what's stopping them from creating a new account with a different email/fake birthday/whatever and starting again? Sorry, this has me really paranoid (even though I probably wouldn't be affected because I never really go completely inactive?) To the people saying 2FA should be connected to phones, what about people like myself who don't have phones? Fine if it's optional but what if it's not? I understand the concern but to me this all seems a little excessive for a clicking game site. And yes I know real money is traded sometimes (and I hope RMT doesn't get disallowed because I'm thinking I may be forced to sell some of my melans soon haha). idk I guess I'm just confused and kinda overwhelmed over why someone would even get the idea to do something so evil on a frikkin' pokemon game :/
Ye True not everyone has a phone, plus when you get a new phone would have to switch the 2FA over to that phone. I've done it on another game it was a hassle.
𝅘𝅥𝅮 Pickles the Frog𝅘𝅥𝅯
Jana Kennedy's AvatarJana Kennedy
(i know not much has been said about what is/isn't being implemented but i wanted to share my thoughts) I agree that 2FA should be optional if implemented - for my work we need 2FA to log in to get access whilst working from home and the main thing they push is an app. one of my colleagues does not have a smart phone but thankfully they allow a text code to input. But what if someone doesn't have a mobile? Overall i think, similar to if someone chooses to not have a secure password, they should be able to choose whether to have the extra help. Also i am happy the VIP list has been slightly reverted to show recent online status - i often use the list to see if someone i have messaged is online or not to see if they are ignoring me or just not on.
Always looking for quirky pokemon!
  • Typerace
  • Shop
Current Type Current Points 1060 Clicklist Next month=
My shop! I offer shelter hunts, free fields, shiny/albino, variants/exclusives and more. Please post in shop rather than send a pm. Buying
Spectral Leiomano
for anywhere between 20 - 40zc depending on market price - send pm to see if i have enough money ^.^
Avatar is from Unus Annus, free to use image from the 'pick a side' part
BlankSmile's AvatarBlankSmile
There are options to use 2FA on your computer. Authy and Winauth are two options that allow you to use a desktop app instead of a mobile app. It's almost certianly going to be optional considering I can't even name one game that has mandatory 2FA.
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
I just hope switching phone or some such doesn't become a huge problem. Given that some people change ohones every 2/3 years.
Prf X's AvatarPrf X

QUOTE originally posted by VyrusVoyd

I just hope switching phone or some such doesn't become a huge problem. Given that some people change ohones every 2/3 years.
Some people change phones as soon as a new one comes out (every few months)
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 08:31 PM
Score: 627
TR code credit
selocon's Avatarselocon
Considering it's tied to apps that typically need to be downloaded, and you can always use your super secret emergency code to get in if nothing else, I don't see it becoming a proble,
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0

Pages: 123··· 222324

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page