PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

hunting boost percent help

Forum Index > Core > Help >

natureluvr's Avatarnatureluvr
I was just wondering how high can my melanistic percent go? does it go up to 100% or does it go into the thousands like shiny and albino percents? Also how do these boosts even work? I have like 4,000% but I would have thought 100% means guaranteed so idk why it goes all the way to four thousand. Can anyone explain how the percents work? Thanks so much!!
Mareep's AvatarMareep
I'm pretty sure the melan boosts caps at 150%, but it's been a while since I had a chain over 10k. That is for arceus though. For non-arceus it would be 100%. Arceus gives 1.5% per 100 eggs hatched in that chain, non-arceus gives 1%. For how arceus boost works, it makes it either more likely to hatch a shiny when your pokemon hatched as albino or the other way around. I don't think Niet has share which one it is. With the normal chain, where you have a boost of 4,000%, that is a boost, not the actual chance. A boost of 100% means something gets doubled, for example if I get a 100% bonus on my work, my paycheck doubles. A boost of 4,000% means the base chance times 40. The base chance is not known, but let's say it's about 1/8,000. Now with the boost it turns to 40/8,000 or 1/200. That is the average of course, so you won't always get a shiny every 200 eggs
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
Leacky's AvatarLeacky

QUOTE originally posted by Mareep

For non-arceus it would be 100%.
Actually, it caps out at 40% for non-Arceus users, on chain 4k.
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
* My Journal * My Trade Shop *
Currently collecting
× 301/300
Thunder Fang
× 201/300
Ice Fang
× 141/300
Magatama
GP for Bunbori hunt: 204,894/300,000
natureluvr's Avatarnatureluvr
oh thank you so much everyone this is SUPER helpful to me!! :)

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page