PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Interest Check: Trade Shop Directory Clan

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 12

POLL: Would you join or find this clan useful?

Total votes: 52

You must be logged in to vote.

Methos's AvatarMethos
In relation to how difficult it can be to locate what you're looking for in trade shops, given how the forums are not ideal for the implementation of a search function (it's been attempted in the past), we've given some thought to setting up a staff-run clan/directory similar to the Mass-Click Association. This would come with some pretty strict rules associated, mind. Firstly, NO trading would be allowed in the clan thread itself. Secondly, players would be permitted to make ONE post on the thread, linking to their shop, and providing both some keywords and a short written description of what they are selling/buying. By this we don't mean listing every species of Shiny Pokemon you are selling, but stating that you are selling Shinies and perhaps your current hunt. Players would be responsible for keeping their post reasonably up-to-date; the thought right now is that there would be a check once a month or so, with non-updated posts being deleted as "abandoned" in order to keep the thread uncluttered. Players whose posts are deleted would be welcome to "rejoin" at least once or twice. In return, a directory of shops would be maintained in the first couple posts of the clan, sorted by the keywords provided (RTE, Shiny/Albino Pokemon, Breeding Pairs, etc.). So, yeah. Thoughts? Edit: The PokéFarm Merchants Association has now been created, but will not be open for posting until reset or shortly after. It's technically ready to go, but it's after midnight for me so members wouldn't get properly listed until after work tomorrow anyway. xD Edit 2: The clan is now open, though it'll still be an hour or two before new members can be properly sorted. (Not something for me to attempt with just mobile access.)
Official site avatar.
Cloasi's AvatarCloasi
I think this sounds like a great idea! I feel like there should also be an opportunity to post whether or not a shop is collecting specific summons. I spend a lot of time sorting through trade threads to see if anyone is collecting a particular summon or summons that I have on hand, and I've considered organizing my own personal directory of shops that collect each summon. Overall this idea sounds like it would save a lot of time for a lot of people, on top of being a fun community endeavor. :>
RenCringe's AvatarRenCringe
This would honestly be a lifesaver for me since I often go searching the thread for people selling s/a, and not everyone can fit that they have them in their title!
| ren, deminonbinary, they/them |
Jana Kennedy's AvatarJana Kennedy
I do like this idea, and I do understand the need to keep the overall list up to date, however i'm not too sure about deleting posts that are not updated - my shop has stayed as it is since setup, so i would have no need to regularly 'update' my shop description in the clan... not sure if i'm missing a bit here?
If you are looking for deltas, shinies, hatched fossils, or any pokemon (I might have what you are looking for!) then come visit my shop!
AudreyC27's AvatarAudreyC27
I think this would be a great idea! I would definetely use this to locate summon shops and stuff :D What if there was something like this for art shops?
Click? (hover)
Lv. 30 — 740 / 2,791
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugRock
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
journal|I need this in my life
Methos's AvatarMethos
To clarify, this is an example of what might be expected of a post:

Example

Random Shop Title (hyperlinked to shop thread) #RTE #Summon Items #Shinies/Albinos Description: My shop sells RTE Water and Dragon Pokemon. I am buying Ice Feathers and Tidal Bells, and selling all other Summon Items. I sell Shiny and Albino Pokemon; my current hunt is Dratini. Last Updated: 7/17/20
The #tags determine which sections at the front the shop is listed under. These should be core descriptions of your shop, not things that change often or on a whim, or that are only a small portion of your shop. We may limit the number of tags allowed to a reasonable number; this is still under debate. The tag lists at the front of the clan would link to this post, not to your shop directly. This would allow customers to read your description and decide whether you're offering what they're looking for. The description itself should be clear but succinct. 100 words or less, perhaps, to make things easy on the customer. The Last Updated field is something you would want to edit each time you updated your post, OR on a monthly basis to show that you're an active shop owner, even if you don't change anything else in the post. The goal in deleting inactive posts is to keep from sending the customer to a shop with an inactive owner or that has even been deleted. Regarding art shops: That might be something to think about if this version works out.
Would be be allowed to list something like "I have these shinies for sale: Plusle, Minun, Larvitar, Noibat, Sneasel. I have these albinos for sale: Plusle, Minun, Sneasel"? I think this could be really useful, much easier to search when you're looking for something specific - and then if there's a link to the shop thread, easy to click and post in the shop!
Shinies & Albinos UFT! See the full selection & items I'm after in my journal Please PM me first. Random trades will be automatically declined ---------- Avatar credits: Solrock specials gif by ValleryP, shiny colours credit to GameFreak/Nintendo/The Pokemon Company, albino & melan colours credit to PFQ
Methos's AvatarMethos

QUOTE originally posted by Alchemists Fire

Would be be allowed to list something like "I have these shinies for sale: Plusle, Minun, Larvitar, Noibat, Sneasel. I have these albinos for sale: Plusle, Minun, Sneasel"? I think this could be really useful, much easier to search when you're looking for something specific - and then if there's a link to the shop thread, easy to click and post in the shop!
It would be up to you to keep your post up-to-date, if you want to use it to get that specific. And also to keep it short and easy to read.
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Id be so interested in this. I do have one question/suggestion when seperating via keywords, specifically summons. I think a lot of legendary hunters would agree that when scouring trade shops for summons it's a bit hard to differentiate swaps only from currency offers only. I don't know if i need to elaborate on that but if i do please let me know. Basically my suggestion is break up summon keywords into 2 groups. Summon swaps and summon purchases (or whatever word) and maybe a both? Just so I, and other summon collectors able to use the directory to find shops quickly that offer either summo swaps or buyouts depending on what they have. (Ie someone with primarily currency looking to buy summons. With no spare summons to trade) Ack sorry if that sounds confusing or dumb
Check out my joint shop!! icon commissioned offsite
Methos's AvatarMethos

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

Id be so interested in this. I do have one question/suggestion when seperating via keywords, specifically summons. I think a lot of legendary hunters would agree that when scouring trade shops for summons it's a bit hard to differentiate swaps only from currency offers only. I don't know if i need to elaborate on that but if i do please let me know. Basically my suggestion is break up summon keywords into 2 groups. Summon swaps and summon purchases (or whatever word) and maybe a both? Just so I, and other summon collectors able to use the directory to find shops quickly that offer either summo swaps or buyouts depending on what they have. (Ie someone with primarily currency looking to buy summons. With no spare summons to trade) Ack sorry if that sounds confusing or dumb
It would be something to keep in mind, but first we would need a large enough selection under "Summon Items" to justify splitting it further. Some keywords would be set up from the beginning, as they're rather obvious, but some of the less obvious ones would need further debate/data to show that they're needed.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page