PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Special birthday Cele visit!

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 1234

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
so i loooove the idea for cele and her pretty stuff shop. I like that she goes away restocks and comes back. My biggest thing about buying birthday sprites is i think the special thing about them is having your birthday in their timeline. So what im suggesting is a special event where cele's shop of CS' opens for you during your birthday DAY (or week??) maybe like a little bit of dialogue under the birthday timer along the lines of "huh? What's that? Looks like Cele set up a special shop for you on your birthday! It'll disappear soon, but the CS balls she's selling are very important for you!" And then link to a special birthday Cele shop that only has birthday CS (a random three i guess or all of them i dont know haha) Positives: -more birthday CS selections on users birthdays, making buying them more desirable. -another little birthday award for players. Negatives: - unnecessary for people who don't care for the date on their birthday sprite -hard to open Celes shop privately for select users? I don't know. -people might not use it.

QUOTE originally posted by Cele

What if the current Birthday page was made Cele-flavoured for lore reasons (she comes to celebrate with you and share good vibes; the birthday page has no NPC or flavour like this) and she provided the opportunity for you to buy the birthday CSes while she's visiting?
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
carinae's Avatarcarinae
question-will this be in addition to the free CS birthday sprite?
elliot • they/them quit, dm xim#7352 if you need me

QUOTE originally posted by AudreyC27

question-will this be in addition to the free CS birthday sprite?
Yes. The yearly one would of course be given free. Its just an option to get the old ones on ypur birthday for a fee
carinae's Avatarcarinae
Support! I'd love to get a birthday Sally, and I also think this would be a great incentive for people to buy zc, which in turn supports the site! :D
Zen's AvatarZen
Looking at the price of the Birthday Niet, it is 750zc. Assuming that's the price of all the birthday sprites, why should I pay 50-250 more zc for the ones I missed? Especially if it's only open on the DAY of my birthday and doesn't last a week? It seems kind of unfair that I have to pay more on my own birthday just to get a sprite I missed. I've been to a lot of places where if you tell them it's your birthday, you either get something free or you get a discount. I've never see a place charge extra.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
selocon's Avatarselocon
If this should happen, I feel that you should be able to claim one missed--that you didn't already get--birthday CS for free. Like Zen said, why should I have to pay up to 1/3d more for a birthday sprite?
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
D.MC's AvatarD.MC
support my biggest issue was its a b-day CS so why isnt it only re-obtainable on your b-day in a special shop or section? i personaly feel like the current way makes them not special and devalues them quite a bit, especialy if they are tradeable. its just, why call them a b-day CS if you can get them whenever the shop is open? i did state more in the thread that suggested making b-day sprites obtainable again link to said post so ill just link it here instead of restating what i said.

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
@zen and selocon Sooo i was holding off on answering these questions about "why pay premium on my birthday?" because i don't know how to answer this without sounding like a bootlicker. But alas, that's the only way. So the reasom i included an extra fee was vaguely stated in the suggestion, for 'cele to set up the store', now. This is because. If this suggestion is ever approved Niet would have to go through the trouble to implement it. And to be honest. I have no idea if that would be hard or now. How would the link to a special birthday shop work? Check to see if the users birthday week before entering? If not whos to say the link cant be shared around. Would the selection of CS sprites be reshuffled every day? Is it even worth implementing on a developer end? I dont know the answers to this. So im suggesting a fee. To make it a bit more worthwhile for niet to implement this. Because if not he could argue "just buy the sprite from celes center normally" which is fair. The charge is for 2 things: 1. The work it takes for Niet to set up a birthday cele event 2. The fact that the user making the purchase gets to make it on their birthday. Because they could just make it any other time. I know it sounds rude to put it this way. But the option to buy a birthday CS on your actual birthday is a luxury I do think the fee should be on the low end. I was just throwing it out there to make the suggestion look worthwhile for niet. i domt have proof but i feel like being able to buy birthday CS on your actual birthday would make more people want to actually buy them from cele Some other ramblings i guess: Maybe someones lucky and its their bkrthday yesterday and they bought a birthday niet to celebrate. Then 'whats the point of this?' Well this is the option to get a birthday CS you missed that youd really like.
Zen's AvatarZen

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

So the reasom i included an extra fee was if this suggestion is ever approved Niet would have to go through the trouble to implement it.
So... does that mean we should start buying zc any time Niet approves a suggestion because he'd have to go through the trouble of adding it? 'Cause that makes the game sound heavily pay-to-play if you gotta start paying Niet whenever somethings approved, as that sounds what you're implying here.

I have no idea if that would be hard or now. How would the link to a special birthday shop work? Check to see if the users birthday week before entering? If not whos to say the link cant be shared around. Would the selection of CS sprites be reshuffled every day? Is it even worth implementing on a developer end?
1; Seeing as Sally can tell when your birthday is, I don't think it would be that hard to have Cele's shop have the same line(s) of code to tell as well. 2; I'd say it would work the same as the birthday buff works now. It's your birthday? Link is visible. Why make it available all year if it's supposed to be a birthday-only. If for some reason it could be, it could say to come back on your birthday. 3; If it's only supposed to be open on your birthday, why would they shuffle? 4; If it's something people want, then I'd say yes it is.

The fact that the user making the purchase gets to make it on their birthday. Because they could just make it any other time... But the option to buy a birthday CS on your actual birthday is a luxury.
When you go to a restaurant and say it's your birthday, you don't get charged extra to pay the staff for waiting on you or making your food. Either you get free cupcakes(in my experience) or you get a discount. I'd say that is a luxury. When you go to a bakery and say you're getting a desert for someones birthday, you don't get charged extra if you ask them to have it ready on that persons birthday or if you're buying it on their birthday. Just because it's someones birthday doesn't mean everyone starts charging you extra for it.

i domt have proof but i feel like being able to buy birthday CS on your actual birthday would make more people want to actually buy them from cele
If they want to wait, let them wait, don't make them pay a fee just because they chose to wait so it could have their birthday in the timeline. With this information, I'm gonna have to say no support. I see no reason to have to pay an extra fee just to get a birthday sprite with my birthday in the timeline. More so when the actual reason behind it is because Niet has to add it. Sure people should be buying zc, but not everyone can afford to do so. Features that already cost zc shouldn't be given an extra zc fee just because it got added.
I mean. Im not married to the pay a fee for it to open thing. I dont care personally. Itd be better if it wasnt. But i through the idea out there in the suggestion because i can see reasons for it needing to be implemented. Like. Why buy q regular birthday CS from cele when you can wait for your birthday? The best solution i could think of is make regular cele birthday CS cheaper. The only other solution i could see is making birthday CS purchased from celes birthday visit account locked. Because then theres a reason to buy them off season.

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page