PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny Hunt

Forum Index > Core > Help >

QueenZ's AvatarQueenZ
Do i need to do something specific to start a shiny hunt? Or do I just start hatching the same type of eggs?
If you want to be able to actually chain, you need the pokeradar. That's the real bare minimum for actual hunting. But, if you want to have an actual decent chance at getting a shiny without hatching hundreds or thousands of eggs for a single one... Well, its a lot more expensive. You'd ideally want hypermode, ubercharm and shiny charms/possibly a shiny charm box.
1/500
Buying h rings, PM for pricing
Credit
Images free to use @hamha.tumblr.com | Code @Is It Necessary | icon @gezeichnet
QueenZ's AvatarQueenZ
Thank you for the help:)
Tikru97's AvatarTikru97

QUOTE originally posted by thë räptürë

But, if you want to have an actual decent chance at getting a shiny without hatching hundreds or thousands of eggs for a single one... Well, its a lot more expensive. You'd ideally want hypermode, ubercharm and shiny charms/possibly a shiny charm box.
Just want to butt in. You don't need all of those for basic shiny hunting. The pokeradar is enough for a starter. Hypermode was preferred back then when the chances for hatching a shiny was higher than with just the pokeradar. Now with the new changes, the hypermodeless people also have a chance in hatching a shiny with more ease. Especially in Sei days. It's also good to have high gem badges for hunting, because they will help you hatch eggs faster. Besides, it's complete RNG in the end.
Tarashia's AvatarTarashia
? The effective odds for a non-HM shiny haven't changed, the HM odds just went down a bit. HM still makes a pretty big difference though. Without it I regularly have to hatch a couple to a few hundred eggs for a shiny. A thousand is pretty uncommon though; my worst was around 700. But that's not counting some of my type race hunts I abandoned around 500. So I agree it's not necessary but if you can get HM it makes things way less frustrating, especially with the other bonuses like the exp boost and extra daycare adopts. I will say that shiny charms probably aren't worth it unless you're melan hunting, unless you can rent them from other users. (Be careful here if you do this wrong the charm can be lost)
QueenZ's AvatarQueenZ
Thank you both for the help. For some rEason, the Wiki said in the Albino Hunting page that A Pokeradar was not neccesary for Shiny Hunting. Guess I misread it:p
Dracojax's AvatarDracojax

QUOTE originally posted by QueenZ

Thank you both for the help. For some rEason, the Wiki said in the Albino Hunting page that A Pokeradar was not neccesary for Shiny Hunting. Guess I misread it:p
Just checked the page you mentioned it's referring to the extremely rare chance of a random chance shiny that you do not need to have a pokerarar for.

QUOTE originally posted by Wiki

In contrast to being able to obtain Shinies without a PokéRadar.pngPokéRadar, an Albino Radar.pngAlbino Radar is required for Albino Hunting.
For my shop click here 279-
kanaloa Idol
(132 chain saved). 1-
Eclipse Flute
(185 chain saved) 247-
order's crest
. 196-
diamond tiara
QueenZ's AvatarQueenZ
Ohhh, Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page