PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123··· 81828384858687

JoanOfArceus's AvatarJoanOfArceus
I do wish we could just turn of DMs and accept email contact for game related things honestly- but aside from that DrWho recently updated the script so blocked users can be removed from clicklists after I asked about that! The DM thing does sound nasty though. I don't mind not clicking for Rus now and then. If anything it just prompts me to take a break. I think that if somebody is blocked then that's the end of. People in real life can decide who they do and don't interact with, and in online spaces it should be no different. I hope to see progress too! Thumbs up to the last post
WIP - Assets are from DDLC
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
Bump 😳🥺

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
Is it going to be clear and say you’ve been blocked or just a generic can’t be found page? The reason I ask this is because on pages that use the latter I’ve found those sites have a higher block evasion rate than sites that just say you’re blocked. As a related suggestion it might be worth putting in a note that block evasion is harassment - could help.
sans • they/them • chaotic gremlin friend LINKLINKLINKLINK Write a small blurb about yourself here! This template has pretty compact coding, so you can fit quite a bit of text here! It's best if it goes on for about three lines, like this one does! (SIGNATURE WIP)
JoanOfArceus's AvatarJoanOfArceus
As far as I can tell people you've blocked can still click your Pokemon but you just aren't notified of messages or likes. I haven't faced anyone following me around through PFQ though so I could be wrong. The concern a lot of people had was being blocked impeding their progress in game but that's been addressed. There is prevention to avoid a blocked person contacting someone but they can still click parties and fields
MimicYou's AvatarMimicYou

QUOTE originally posted by KatieKomics

I do wish we could just turn of DMs and accept email contact for game related things honestly- but aside from that DrWho recently updated the script so blocked users can be removed from clicklists after I asked about that! The DM thing does sound nasty though. I don't mind not clicking for Rus now and then. If anything it just prompts me to take a break. I think that if somebody is blocked then that's the end of. People in real life can decide who they do and don't interact with, and in online spaces it should be no different. I hope to see progress too! Thumbs up to the last post
I think what bugs me the most is it breaks my clickbacks list, unless I go and one click someone I can only click a single set of names then I have to click the clickback button again, the "next" or "load more" option is grayed out. I'm not sure if it is something DrWho can fix or if it needs to be ran from a more official capacity. It's a major pain after getting Rus but also I'm around the same times as people I have blocked so this is something I have to deal with daily as they just do their normal clicks. 😔
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
pplease ..... spare information? spare info? (bump)
its from spongebob idk what more you want
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan

bump

pretend there’s a cat crying gif here bc i can’t use the image without credit and dunno the images source. the messed up sad cat? that one. i’m sad and mildly disappointed that’s the tone
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
At this point in time, if there are additional features you want that aren't part of the Userscript, then you should work with DrWho to get them added. I personally am not working on this feature at this time.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
@Niet Edit; I quoted my OG post because i didn’t think you answered any of the questions. Not working on at this time doesn’t really let us know if you’re planning to work on it at all or ever ):

QUOTE originally posted by Colorful

Heyo! I've got a question for Niet here :3 (I know you're busy! Just let me know if its going to take a while to get back to me, or if you're unsure <3 Communication is epic) Earlier, when the userscripts was implemented, it was mentioned that it was a temporary solution that would kind of patch holes until the proper block feature was set up! I was wondering if we could have some kind of update on that! Where it is in the queue, maybe when you plan to start on it, or what your thoughts on it are so far. The userscript Dr Who set up is really really nice, but has some minor inconveniences that would be super handy to have fixed, and most likely can only be fixed on the pfq server side :P I'm not saying that it has to be done right away or anything, just was curious on the process and all :0 I don't mind if it takes a long time or anything ^^
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
If I wasn't going to work on it ever, I would just say so and lay the matter to rest. The fact I'm choosing not to shut it down should be plenty of information for you.

Pages: 123··· 81828384858687

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page