PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Crunch Time- A Foodies Clan

Forum Index > Other > Other Clans >

Pages: 123

SporkoRyk's AvatarSporkoRyk

Crunch Time

Welcome

Welcome to Crunch Time, where deliciousness happens! We are here for a simple reason, we love food. Whether you enjoy cooking, baking, eating or just looking at good food there's a place here in Crunch Time.

Rules

We have some simple rules, be sure to follow them~
  1. All site rules apply.
  2. Be respectful
  3. When quoting a message only quote the post that is relevant, this to prevent a wall of quotes drowning out other posts
  4. When sharing a recipe please use metric measurements. This way it's clear and concise to everyone. A "stick of butter" has no meaning outside of the U.S.
  5. When joining, please fill in the form correctly and completely.
  6. Please Label your recipes when you post them; ie Vegetarian/Vegan/Gluten Free/Nut free!
  7. We are all accepting all kind of Food here, there will be no judging if someone is posting Vegetarian/Vegan/Celiac/Allergy Free Recipes.
  8. If you are a member, please subscribe to the thread.

Want to join the clan?

That's great! to get started just fill out the form below and PM it to Spork. Please be aware that outgoing links on PFQ must also be PG rated so if you have mature content we can't add your links. [B]Username:[/B] [B]Nickname(s): [/B] [B]Baking, Cooking or both?:[/B] [B]Extra:[/B]

Member's List

Cooking Recipes

• Breakfast
  • Lunch
  • Dinner
  • Snacks
  • Link to recipe
  • Link to recipe

Baking Recipes

• Breads
  • Cakes
  • Pastries
  • Desserts
  • Link to recipe
  • Link to recipe
  • Link to recipe
  • Link to recipe
Shazi's AvatarShazi
I'll start things off i guess! Hi i'm shazi! as many of my friends know I am a bundle of allergies and intolerences (tomatoes, eggs, nuts... it's a whole thing) so as someone with some odd dietry requirements i've been finding my way around things and coming up with alternatives to allow me to still eat a good variety of food. because let's be real, eating the same thing day in and day out is very boring. so here is one of my favourites, slow cooked creamy chicken. this recipe uses the stovetop since I don't own a slowcooker but it should be easy enough to adapt!

creamy slow cooked chicken

• 1 chicken breast (roughly chunked)
  • half a brown onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic (1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder if you can't get hold of fresh stuff)
  • 1 litre of chicken stock (I use cubes but it really doesn't matter that much)
  • 300ml of thickened cream (whipping cream in the US pls don't mistake for whipped cream though)
  • pasta of your choice, I like flat noodles so fettucine is perfect
  • flour and water mixed into a milky consistency (try to avoid lumps)
sautee your onion and garlic in a pot until they are just translucent add your chicken and fry together until the chicken is just colouring on the outside turn the heat all the way down on your stovetop and cover. Let this simmer for 1 hour put on a pot of pasta and while this boils you can work on the creamy sauce the stock should have reduced by almost 2/3s. if you like you can shred your chicken up otherwise add your cream then add the flour and water. Stir it constantly while it comes back up to a simmer to make sure the flour is evenly throughout the sauce, let it simmer for a few minutes to cook out the flour and thicken the sauce. given how much stock is in it you shouldn't need to add salt but salt and pepper to taste as needed~ Drain pasta and serve the sauce overtop with some parmesan cheese!
this is a really basic recipe and can be changed up any which way. it can also go with rice just as easily as it does with pasta. add some capsicum or some broccoli for some veg, it all tastes good!
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Frosmoth's AvatarFrosmoth
Hi! I'm Frosmoth but you can call me Ash and much prefer if you do. I'm super excited about this clan because I love cooking and food, so to be able to share what I cook is amazing! I'm going to share a breakfast recipe first because I absoloutely love breakfast foods. It's my weakness. Something I cooked recently was a sheet pan breakfast bake. I wanted something that was going to be quick and easy to make since I have 2 little ones and mornings are particularly hectic trying to get my husband and the kids settled and figure out what we're going to do for the day. It turned out really great! We added sausage gravy at the end because my hubs and I love smothering our breakfast foods in it! Also I apologize if my metric measurements are off since I don't have much expierence with it and I'm simply using google to convert everything for me. As a last note, a lot of my recipes are typically adapted for 3 people. Feel free to halve or add more to adjust for however many you cook for! My cooking is very much "improvise" until I find something I like so feel free to do the same! :>

sheet pan breakfast bake

What you will need: • Non-stick oil spray • Bag of shredded frozen hashbrowns • 30 mL of melted butter • 15 mL of oil (I prefer olive oil, any will do) • Italian seasoning • Salt & Pepper • 240 g shredded cheddar cheese • Bacon • Eggs • Grated Parmesan cheese • Chives (optional) A note: I am not saying how many eggs, bacon or amount of hashbrowns to use because you can adjust it to however many you want to cook! If you're only cooking for 1-2, a half bag of hashbrowns should suffice. Preheat your oven to 204.4°C (400°F) Spray down a baking sheet with non-stick oil spray. Combine a bag of frozen hashbrowns, melted butter, oil, italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste and combine. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake the hash browns and cheese for about 20 minutes. Use your own judgement if you think it needs a bit longer. A good indicator is when the hash browns start to brown on the dges! Remove the pan and make some holes in the hashbrowns. Gently crack the eggs into the holes so that the yolk stays intact. Add slices of bacon on top of the hashbrowns, surrounding the eggs. Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese on top of the eggs. Cook everything for another 10-15 minutes depending on how well you want the bacon to be cooked. Garnish with chives for a little extra flavor if you desire! Serve immediately.
Signature credit: Chary. PFQ Avatar was created by Noctis of my OC for my use only!
Clairefairy's AvatarClairefairy
Hello! I am Clairefairy or you can just call me Claire! I'm from America and so I may have a bit of trouble converting some recipes but I will do my best! I love to cook but due to working full time nights it can kind of be hard for me to do it as often as I'd like! I love to find simple, yet flavorful dishes that can be popped into the oven and forgotten about! This first recipe I will share is really easy and if the measurements are a little off; it will not ruin this dish at all! A lot of it is going to be personal preference based on spice.

Savory Roasted Sweet Potatoes

What you will need: • 2-3 large sweet potatoes cut into bit sized pieces (probably roughly 200-300 grams) • Olive oil (1-2 TBSP; 15-30 g) • 2 TBSP of brown sugar (30 g) • 1 TBSP of chili powder (15 g) • 1 TBSP of cumin (15 g) • 1 TBSP of garlic powder (15 g; if all you have is garlic salt then omit or reduce the amount of salt you use!) • 1/2 TBSP of onion powder (8 g) • 2 tsp paprika (20 g) • A pinch of oregano • Salt and pepper to taste Preheat oven to 400F/205C. You can either be classy and measure out the spices into a small bowl, mix and then sprinkle on top of the sweet potatoes or you can sprinkle the seasonings directly on top of the sweet potatoes and just mix to coat. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are easily pierced by a fork.
Currently buying: × 238 / 500 × 22 / 400 Avatar by Breepi Signature by AnkokuFlare
Welcome to Foodies you lovelies! I'm glad to have all of you here <3 I'll be putting up some recipes sometime soon; I'm trying to work more iron rich veggies into my lazy meals so if they turn out good I'll toss them in here for all you!
Bumping this as we've returned! I'm glad to have this back, I have a plan for these next few months for planning of cooking and baking, so keep watch of this space <3
Hello yes this is a bump uwu

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page