PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokémon sprite overhaul

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 789

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Following user feedback, we have some adjustments for Albino and Melanistic Pokémon. Over the past few revamps, we've noticed some consistent feedback. Complaints that the Melanistics are too bright, and the Albinos are too dark. More veteran users, who were around for Generation 6's release, will know this already: We take user feedback extremely literally. Previously, we were persistently pestered for promises on the provenance of pretty pictures presented to portray their Pokémon with pixels. And so we did. And it was glorious. (We even got on TVTropes because of it! "Be careful what you wish for"!) Therefore, I'm here to announce a global overhaul to Albino and Melanistic sprites, to better comply with the user demands to have them better represent their namesakes. This project will of course take time, as there are a significant number of sprites to do, but I have a few examples to show today.

New Albino/Melan examples

Albino Espeon
Albino Poochyena

Melanistic Absol
Melanistic Centiskorch
We hope this update brings you joy, and look forward to further feedback. Should this displease you, worry not! Easter is but a week and a half away and we will be happy to offer you an Egg in these trying times!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
goddamnit you got me
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
StillHere's AvatarStillHere
Finally. Giving the people what they want. A long laugh and pointing out the absurdity.
Avatar | Shop They/them, he/him, or xe/xem/xyr pronouns please!
Levian Wonder's AvatarLevian Wonder
i mean, give the absol yellow eyes and you have yourself a melan ;)
Check out my Shops Avatar was made by StinkyBinky here on PFQ
APPreacher's AvatarAPPreacher
Wow this was a really good one. I was fooled xD
DarkForsaken's AvatarDarkForsaken
I Forgot its april fools, XD gah but tbh that albino espeon and melan absol is hot UwU
Hyma's AvatarHyma
Awesome, I love them
Adrenalize's AvatarAdrenalize
I was very confused about the examples until I realized what day it is lol You got me!
i am no longer actively playing. i log in to scour and occasionally click fields, but that's it. i have insomnia and i'm chronically ill, so i might be slow to return pm's. please bump the message if i haven't responded within 24 hours. thank you so much for your patience!
credits: background * code * icon * signature
Frezgle's AvatarFrezgle
Eh, I feel like Melanistic Absol is still too bright; if I blow up its sprite 2000 times to fill my laptop screen, the screen still emits light. I would like for it to absorb all light similar to Vantablack, if possible.
Unknownie's AvatarUnknownie
Beautifully executed! XD Also I hope you and Garth are feeling better!
Forever obsession with Will Herondale~ Always Sherlocked and Rose Tyler, the best companion a doctor could have.

Pages: 123··· 789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page