PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

About the Daycare Adjustment

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 1234

Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I wasn't sure how to word the title, but basically this suggestion is about adding a line about interactions in the "About the Daycare" tab of Daycare. Basically as it currently is, you can't guess that you actually need to interact to generate eggs. To know it you have to check the wiki, who is an outside source. It would make more sense to have this info in the "About the Daycare" too. Prefebably the first sentences. If it makes sense. I think about something along the line of "Once a pair is put in the daycare, you'll need to interact in order to produce eggs." Pretty simple and straight foward. We can also just use this sentence from the wiki: "The probability of two Pokémon producing an egg is determined by the level of compatibility there is between them. Depending on the compatibility of the Pokémon, there is a chance that an Egg may be produced each time the user completes 64 Interactions. "
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Bump!
Bump!
Bump!
selocon's Avatarselocon
Considering the other hidden factors involved in breeding. No. Plus, clicking is the primary thing on the site. This isn't an idle game (though we do have ways for you to idle) it's a clicker game. You click. This generates things. Money, eggs, experience, etc. This let's you progress in the game. In true clicker game fashion there are elements of idling involved (scours, garden, egg timer), but all of those are either side items or make the primary goal (hatching eggs) easier. If you aren't clicking, then of course nothing is gonna happen.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 2659
But we are not speaking about all the others hidden factors? Its litterally only a sentence more in the daycare page. Like you said, we have idle things like scour, egg timer, hapiness, etc. It can't be that obvious to new user that it's not the case for the daycare. Especially if they have past experience in game, they may not think that step = interactions. So what is really the problem in making this fact more obvious to people?
selocon's Avatarselocon
The goal of the game is to hatch eggs to do that you (ideally) need to click. This will generate eggs. We don't see *that* many questions about it. Usually they're people who stopped interacting and wonder why the DC isn't producing eggs, or a new users. These questions are rare (there are ZERO in the help forum atm) and I'm pretty sure it's not very much of an issue anyway
I have to disagree. You still havent brought up good reason to not include this sentence in the daycare page. There is nothing wrong about waiting to clear things up for everyone.
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
I support! It's just a sentence. It's not gonna hurt anyone, and it's not gonna trouble the staff too much to add it in. The current phrase ("If the two Pokémon are compatible for breeding, they may appear with Eggs!") is surprisingly vague and doesn't suggest anything the user can do to influence breeding. And in response to Selocon, even if people are clicking, they still might not make the connection between clicking=eggs for a while - like, if you click every day, and if you get a few eggs every day as well, you might assume that breeding is just a daily thing, rather than directly influenced by clicking. A little bit of clarification would be good to help people realise that a bit quicker :P Also if people know that clicking=eggs, it'll motivate them to click more, to breed more eggs, so that helps everyone. EDIT: Also. "We don't see *that* many questions about it. Usually they're [...] new users." So, why not help out the new users by making one of the core mechanics of the game clear and understandable? If new users are struggling to understand something, it probably needs to be explained better.
0 / 200
Buying Viridian Epees for 25zc each in my shop!
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
I support the adjustment to the daycare page. There is no harm in letting users know that interacting is the way to produce eggs. There is a pokemon click site called pokeheroes and on that site eggs are produced with time not interactions. If users come from that site to this one how will they know that it is interaction based when it comes to the daycare? Do you just expect them to just know all the mechanics of the game when first starting out? I'd think not. Adding that one sentence to the daycare just clears up any misconceptions and makes things easier to understand for all users. Just because you've been on this site forever and know how everything works doesn't mean new users especially of the younger variety will be able to understand all the ins and outs of this game. And they shouldn't have to find the wiki page to find out about a core mechanic of the game.

The DayCare is a place where you may leave Pokémon to be raised in the care of Professor Laurel. With the assistance of his Grotle, he will help your Pokémon grow steadily. You may leave up to two Pokémon here at a time. If the two Pokémon are compatible for breeding, they may appear with Eggs! If this happens, Prof. Laurel will hold them for you. You may adopt up to 6 per day from the DayCare. Any Eggs left here will be released to the Shelter after 24 hours for someone else to adopt.
These words do not in any way make it sound like interacting would produce eggs. If anything it does sound passive because it says nothing that would indicate you need to interact. This game has passive and active features. As such, you can't expect newer users to understand what is active and what is passive without some explanation. Because the Daycare has passive (EXP gain) and active (Breeding). But nowhere does it say any of that.
Avatar of a Bannette/Tyranitar Fusion was made by BumbleJuice Avatar of a Tyranitar/Grimmsnarl Fusion was made by AmazedFurz Avatar of the Goodra Fusion was made by SailorSCTk Avatar of Flurbet was made by Cynda

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page