PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Lonely Monster [Oneshot]

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF >

PokecraftCat's AvatarPokecraftCat
Made by Kira the Cat for PokecraftCat
Luxtwo sat down and stretched her paws out in front of her. The little Riolu clutched at the leaf-woven pouch he had been carrying and stared up at her, his eyes wide. The squirt had probably never seen a hybrid before. Well, they were rare, and she had him cornered. It wasn't his fault for staring. "You want to hear my story? Fine, but after this you must not oppose me," she said. Luxtwo's life story was a sad one, but she didn't mind telling it now and again, so long as she could dispose of her audience if she had to. "I woke up in a haze of blue liquid. I couldn't see, save for blurry shapes. The first voice I heard was Sparks's. The first words he said....'She's alive! Raven, I've done it! SHE'S ALIVE!' I didn't know what it meant at the time, but I soon figured out human speech. I was let out of the tank a few days later into a dingy, metal room. The hum of machines filled the air. The first thing I tasted was a Cheri Berry. It was awfully spicy, and burned my mouth, but I loved it all the same. That was before I had any metal in me. I was a cub then, more Shinx than Litleo. Sparks had me walk around, hit a few targets. He marvelled at my speed and my strength. Even then, I could take down Raven's whole team one after the other...." Luxtwo trailed off for a moment as she remembered Raven, Sparks's associate. Raven had an interesting air about her. Never had Luxtwo met a little girl who had seemed so...dangerous, and it wasn't just the aura she offered. Raven looked like she was built purely to be a weapon, with long dark hair and green eyes that were sharper than knives. Raven always seemed to be able to just fade away into the backdrop, the purple of her coat becoming less and less noticeable until she was...gone. Luxtwo knew that this was a powerful tool, and she respected the girl for that. "I could even defeat Amber, if I had to, but I didn't like to. She was my mentor of sorts. A Luxray. I always envied her. She was so perfectly normal. Amber always wore a purple scarf around her neck. I think it looks silly, it makes her look like a plaything instead of a threat. Raven always liked me, but Sparks wouldn't let her have me. Every day or so it was, 'Oh, pretty please, Sparks?' and that was saying something because Raven never begged for anything. If she wanted something she just took it. She knew better than to steal me, though. The laboratory had the highest security I have ever seen." Luxtwo fell silent again, remembering Sparks. It wasn't something that she did often, but for the sake of her story, she tried to call his image to her mind. A tall young man, perhaps in his early twenties or late teens. His hair was so bright yellow that it looked like someone had spilled paint on it and it was always messy. Sparks was wiry and thin, and the goggles he often wore made him look rather comical. When he pushed them up onto his forehead he looked more like someone from a picture book. His eyes...Luxtwo had learned to hate those eyes, but she could still remember them vividly. Ice blue, and full of light. The kind of light that is only gained from knowledge. Luxtwo pushed down a sneer of disgust, and continued speaking. "Then the problem arose. I was the right age to evolve, and Sparks had intended me to become even stronger, but he realized his mistake a bit too late. Luxray's evolution line has a middle stage, but Pyroar's doesn't. He had three choices: He could abandon the experiment completely, he could just put me back in a tank, shut down my brain permanently." Luxtwo's voice had become quiet, and dangerous, and the little Riolu she was "entertaining" had started shivering. "He could have tried to create an artificial middle stage for Pyroar and spliced that with Luxio genes to make me evolve. Or... or he could try to force me to evolve two stages at once, skipping the non existent middle stage. Guess which he chose? He decided to force me to evolve two stages, but it put such a strain on my body that I came out... how can I say this...mangled. In a panic, Sparks put me back in the tank while he made me bionic parts to replace the ones I had lost. My joints are partially synthetic, which makes me faster. That's how I was able to hunt you down. My paws are metal. That's why your attempts to trip me didn't work." The Riolu shook, his eyes wide with fear. "My eye is obviously bionic. That's how I could tell where you were hiding. My teeth and jaw are reinforced so I can bite through metal. That's how...I'll end you." The Riolu was backed up against the cavern wall, but Luxtwo took no notice. She continued speaking, her voice even and calm, as if she were discussing the weather. "Because of the changes, I evolved to be more Pyroar than Luxray. I hated Sparks after that, hated him more than anyone. He finally relented and 'gave' me to Raven because I wouldn't listen to anything he said and kept trying to attack him and his other Pokémon." Luxtwo paused and took a deep breath before continuing. "Raven is my assistant now. I travel with Amber and the rest of her team sometimes, but she has the sense not to keep me locked up. She's much kinder to her Pokémon, but insists that they obey her. If they will not obey her, she doesn't force them, she releases them. Raven deserves to be a Pokémon, she is the best human I have ever met," said Luxtwo, finishing her story. "I can't forgive Sparks for what he did to me, but I can at least tolerate him when we visit. Some days, I'd rather be dead than be what I am," she said, blinking both her blue eye and her red eye. "Raven tried to explain it to me once. Said he was trying to create a better warrior to protect their laboratory. That girl sympathizes with him too much, I almost bit her," said Luxtwo, trying to be rid of the awful memories. Finally, the Riolu spoke. "But who would do that to an innocent Shinx?" "Someone with more curiosity than empathy," said Luxtwo bitterly. Her eyes cleared for a moment as she remembered one final detail. "There was one thing I admired about Sparks, though. He had ambition, and he wouldn't give up even when he had about a 10% chance of saving what was left of me. That's why, even though I can't ever forgive him, I can't ever be too angry at him either. The man saved my life, worthless as it was," she finished. Why she had opened up to this little misfit, Luxtwo wasn't sure, but it certainly felt better to have things off her chest. Luxtwo allowed a blanket of silence to fall over the clearing. She loved silence. After having the whirring of machines, the chirps of Pokémon and the dull slam of boots on concrete floors imprinted in her brain for the first three years of her life, silence was more than golden. It was the best sound she had ever heard. Luxtwo stretched and fixed her mismatched eyes on the Riolu. "I think you'd make a fine dinner," she said, her voice devoid of any emotion. The Riolu took a deep, shuddering breath and, to Luxtwo's surprise, smiled up at her. "You know," he said, "All throughout this forest, you're known as a monster." Luxtwo bowed her head. "I am aware of that." "Well...I don't think you are." The hybrid lifted her head and snarled at the littler Pokemon. "Are you suggesting that I am weak?" "No! No. No...I'm suggesting that you're lonely," he answered. Luxtwo did not answer. Her bionic eye did not detect a lie on his part. The Riolu carefully opened the small pouch he had with him. It had been woven out of thick, wide leaves and was meant for transporting small amounts of food. Luxtwo narrowed her eye-the one that could narrow-and stepped forwards. The Riolu pulled something small and red out of the pouch, and held it up to her. "Would you like a Cheri Berry?"
Made by Kira the Cat for PokecraftCat Sprites from Spriters-Resource
Darkness and Light are intertwined in ways that nobody expects. *Is There No Honor? RP Setup* Come check it out! It's new and accepting!
Reviews are very much appreciated! <3
FireFox Leafy's AvatarFireFox Leafy
I can say that this story captivated my interest! I liked how it had a dark edge to it, plus the ending was nice. However, I would have liked to see more description on what the humans looked like. I know people don't usually go into a lot of description on side characters in a one shot, but I think something small like describing height or hair color would help your readers envision the story better.
My toyhou.se~My PMD Comic!~ Avatar and Signature art was made by me for my own use~
Oh, thank you! That's actually a really good idea! I think I'll do some edits. :-)
*Edited*
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
I like it! An excellent summary of Luxtwo's past. I think the Riolu got over his fear a little too quickly, but its not bad. I enjoyed reading it.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Thanks for your feedback! I'm working on more edits and so forth, but am trying to keep this nice and short. :-)

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page