PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Delta mini sprite marker

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234

selocon's Avatarselocon
Suggestion Title: Marker for delta mini sprites Suggestion Summary: A marker on the minisprites to denote their delta status, even if it's not denoting type Positive points: Easier to denote deltas when on mobile or viewing minisprites Negative points: Might already be in the works. Might be impossible Reason For Consideration: Anyone who's dealt with mobile or trades and had to deal with deltas knows that there's nothing to denote that a pokemon is a delta. So I suggest that deltas get a symbol similar to how totems do that denote their a delta pokemon. It doesn't even need to denote what type it is.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 2659
selocon's Avatarselocon
Bump
Support! When doing WonderTrades (or doing any business in the Trade Center truth be told) it's presently impossible to know if a regular looking minisprite is a Delta or not without tapping on or hovering over the icon first. The same can be said for mobile devices where the Shelter is concerned, where in portrait view you get minisprites as well. If you have the Special Alerts CSS on your skin, having this be implemented will make it easier which minisprite triggered the sudden appearance of a Delta symbol in the lower left corner of the Shelter area. I'm sure there are other applications for this, but the Trade Center and the Shelter are the two things I can think of benefiting from this

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
selocon's Avatarselocon
Oddly enough, the shelter highlight CSS was what made me originally think of this--I was on mobile and had to check each pokemon to see if it was the delta. And I've had quite a few deltas trades to me I nearly missed cause all I saw was the minisprite (especially with Wondertrade, when you can easily miss the full size mon, like you mentioned.
Scatterbug's AvatarScatterbug
Support! You have to tap the pokemon to check for delta-ness to tell at all on mobile. Sometimes i leave 1 delta of the pokemon I'm chaining in my party, I go to empty my party on mobile, and accidentally send the delta into my random holding field because there's no way to see at a glance its special in any way. Would be nice to just have some sort of marker to be able to tell real fast.
Feel free to PM me about any posts I make, especially to ask for clarification or such
I have severe anxiety and may trip over my words or write things in an unclear way at times
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
A suggestion that was like this popped up after the totems received markers for their sprites. I supported it then, but now I'm realizing something about this - This would be a massive amount of sprites, even without type being denoted. That's every minisprite - well over 900 after Galar - including all of the shiny/albino/melan sprites as well. So around 3,600 minisprites would have to be made. Totems are a very limited amount of Pokemon, which is why they're denoted by minisprite. Unfortunately, every Pokemon is delta and this seems like it would take a very long time to implement.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle

QUOTE originally posted by pixelkitty

A suggestion that was like this popped up after the totems received markers for their sprites. I supported it then, but now I'm realizing something about this - This would be a massive amount of sprites, even without type being denoted. That's every minisprite - well over 900 after Galar - including all of the shiny/albino/melan sprites as well. So around 3,600 minisprites would have to be made. Totems are a very limited amount of Pokemon, which is why they're denoted by minisprite. Unfortunately, every Pokemon is delta and this seems like it would take a very long time to implement.
If Niet finds it worthwhile to implement, time and difficulty mean nothing to him
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
As far as I remember, things have been rejected due to art team stress. This isn't about coding - it's about a massive amount of work onto a team of volunteers.
Scatterbug's AvatarScatterbug

This would be a massive amount of sprites, even without type being denoted. That's every minisprite - well over 900 after Galar - including all of the shiny/albino/melan sprites as well. So around 3,600 minisprites would have to be made.
Why not simply stamp the generic delta symbol sprite on top of the original sprite then? So there doesn't have to be any extra workload of making each new sprite, just an added, already existing, graphic on top of the existing sprite. There might be a way to not make a new sprite at all, just tell the delta symbol to be on top of the regular pokemon sprite if the pokemon is a delta.

Plenty of things have been rejected due to art team stress. This isn't about coding - it's about a massive amount of work onto a team of volunteers.
But the Delta Glow in the full sprites were not the result of the Art Team? From what I understand, it was thanks to a bit of creative coding on Niet's part that allowed Deltas to be what they are today. If Niet can figure out how to do that on the full sprites, then unless he doesn't find it worthwhile to implement, he'll find a way to the same for the minisprites

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page