PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Zan's massive treasure hoard

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals >

Pages: 1234

Zan's AvatarZan
kinda curious to see if i lose subscribers and/or stars to my comic for a few deliberately cruddy posts. art consumption on pfq is weird
Zan
they/them
Zan's AvatarZan
i dont have the energy to draw for more than 5ish minutes a day and it's getting really hard not to sink into despair
Zan's AvatarZan

QUOTE originally posted by Zan

things have been happening
bad: - everything involving recent worldwide events. i've blocked a lot of news about it from my feed but it makes me so anxious. my dad is at risk and i'm still trying to convince him that he needs to be mindful, if not for his sake than for mine and my siblings'. i can't express how much i worry for the vulnerable people and their families rn - i messed up confessing my crush to this really cool person... they were nice about it, but i dont think they care about me. sucks to suck i guess good: - three weeks ago my school moved everything online. i'm still adjusting. not having to walk to classes has been great for my disability - i... accidentally came out to half my family???? on TDOV i made a small post on twitter about being trans and my older sister saw it and messaged me, and then two days later my dad & older sister met me at dinnertime and asked my new name because they had seen me change it on facebook (i am not as stealthy about this as i thought). i had been dreading coming out and hadn't planned on telling my family for at least another year but... everything's gone so perfectly, i could cry at how immediately they accepted me, i NEVER expected it to go so well. my dad's response especially bewildered me because i expected him to be confused &/or disbelieving, but instead he immediately asked about my pronouns and how he can address me along with my sisters (we've settled on ladies & theydies) and both he and my lil sis have been working on using my new name. i can't express how fucking lucky i feel. every trans person deserves this kind of acceptance & love, every single one. i haven't had to explain myself or fight for them to believe that this is important to me, they just took it with grace & already my lil sister and i have been coming up with jokes about being nonbinary - i started a new antidepressant! i'm feeling optimistic, really hoping it helps in some way. - i've joined two new discord chats and have made a handful of new buddies, they've been keeping me company while us privileged folks socially distance. - i'm starting to feel better now that the physical stressors of school are gone (see bullet #1) and have been making better art! :O i'm feeling so blessed. i dont feel like myself if i can't draw - i made a tinder account last month... i haven't touched it in like 3 weeks, but it's still a major step for me because i've always been afraid of putting myself out there and seeing myself as desirable. i'm still not a fan of the format of condensing entire people into a few pictures and character-limited intros tho, it's just too self-aware and curated to actually get a feel for how someone behaves normally. clearly stuff's been going well for me.... i hope others can get some good luck during these times as well.
Zan's AvatarZan
Zan's AvatarZan
i have been thumbnailing a new comic story for the past 3 hours and it's going to be so awesome and i'm not going to ever finish it because i'm a flake and always run out of steam for projects when i'm 60% through them maybe... this will be different....
Zan's AvatarZan

QUOTE originally posted by Zan

i have been thumbnailing a new comic story for the past 3 hours and it's going to be so awesome and i'm not going to ever finish it because i'm a flake and always run out of steam for projects when i'm 60% through them maybe... this will be different....
I have two very nice pages done, one page that could use a bit of touching up, started the fourth page, and am brainstorming title page designs... i only came up with the idea half a day ago :/ i'm trying to improve my work ethic so that i'm not doing these marathon work-and-burnout sessions but i'm already on track to do just that and it's really hard to break away it does feel like a heap of wasted effort sometimes
Zan's AvatarZan
wow this is my first time ever having requests open in my shop and no takers within a couple hours. i'm humbled but not disappointed
Zan's AvatarZan
i never have enough pumpkin art for my needs apparently
Zan's AvatarZan
would i be murdered for making an entirely new comic just to leave it incomplete. maybe
Zan's AvatarZan
at least 1, probably 2, potentially 3 new ghost town pages coming later tonight. hike up your pants & get ready to gorge your eyes! edit: only one page for tonight, but i have thumbnails done for the next two :>

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page