PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

The Thrill of Contest Spectaculars!

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon RP > Pkmn RP Setup >

Pages: 1234

octoren's Avataroctoren
The Plot!: You're a new applicant for Hoenn's Contest Spectaculars. Whether you willingly signed up, or were forced to, you're here now with your Pokemon Partner. Now go and take on the five classes to become a Contest Spectacular Champion!

The Story!

"Welcome back folks!" A woman appeared on T.V screens all around the Hoenn region, as well as other places in the world. Her dark brown hair was tied back in a bun, and she was wearing a teal dress top and skirt. She was smiling, and seemed rather excited. "We just got done with tonight's contest spectacular! The results are in for tonight's Master Rank Beauty performance! And it was a rather exciting one at that! But now, it's time for the winner!" The camera zoomed out, showing four people and Pokemon. A blonde boy in a blue suit, with a Machoke next to him, a brunette woman and her Roserade, a dark blue haired girl with a Gorebyss, and the final girl: a blue haired girl, dressed in an extravagant blue dress, with her Altaria next to her. Each one seemed rather nervous as the reporter opened the winner's envelope. "And... tonight's Master Rank Beauty Contest champ is... Lisia and her Altaria, Ali!" The winner, Lisia, began jumping up and down excitedly. The Altaria chirped happily as his trainer pet him. Lisia hugged the bird, and took the reporter's mic as soon as she was offered it. "I would love to thank my uncle Wallace for getting me into contests in the first place, all the competitors tonight, and of course, my Pokemon, Ali! Thanks to all of them, I got the chance to win tonight!" "Well, you heard it here first folks! Lisia is now a Contest Spectacular Champion!" Lisia took the microphone once again, seemingly very excited about something else. "I also wanna mention that we're accepting new applicants to become Contest Stars!" The crowd gasped in shock as Lisia practically squealed with delight. "That's right! We're accepting applications from anyone and everyone from anywhere for one month only! Wanna become a famous star? Well you gotta apply silly! It doesn't matter where you live! As long as you can hitch a ride to Slateport City in the Hoenn region, you're as good as golden!" The reported seemed rather excited herself. Her smile grew, and she took the microphone back. "Well, I suppose that it's a good of a time as ever to become a star! E-mail in a video to the producers, and you might become a star! This is Jessica for the Hoenn News Network, signing off!"

The Way this Works (MUST READ)!

Basically, there's gonna be a new contest each time one ends. When we start, we'll have a practice round, before we actually begin. We start with Cleverness, then Cuteness, Toughness, Coolness, and finally Beauty. You can focus on one specific kind of contest category, though this is based off of the kind of energy your Pokemon radiates, as well as the kind of Pokemon they are. Energy comes from PokeBlocks, something you feed your Pokemon to boost their stats in any given category. You usually need berries to make PokeBlocks, though for the sake of making things easier on everyone, we can just say you're supplied them by the managers and stuff. You can sign up for a specific contest type, or you can apply for every type. When applied for a contest and participating, you should describe your setup with the moves your using. GOOD EXAMPLE: [name here] looked at their Pokemon, [pokemon name here]. The two nodded, and [name] shouted, "Alright! [pokemon name], use Swift!" [pokemon name] created small stars around them, and shot them around. The stars exploded into small bursts of glitter and sparkles. [name] and [pokemon name] took a bow. BAD EXAMPLE: [name] told [pokemon] to use [move], and [pokemon] used [move here]. If you're not participating in a contest at the time, you can watch and still interact with others in the Green Room, our you can wait the contest out to post again. With all of that out of the way, the first word of the password is your favorite Pokemon type!

Rules!

~ All site rules apply! ~ Please be kind to people OOC(out of character!)! ~ Light romance is allowed! ~ You may have up to two Pokemon to be your partners in the contests! ~ I will be roleplaying as Lisia, as well as stand-in trainers when there's not enough people for the contest! ~ Only four people may be in a contest at a time! ~ The second part of the password is your favorite color!

Form!

[centre][b]I wanna be a Contest Star![/b] Character name: Age: Gender / pronouns: Appearance (image or description works!): Contest outfit (same as appearance!): Personality: Backstory (optional!): Other: Password?: (Two parts! You can find them in the post if you read it through!) Pokemon 1's name: Species: Gender: Type: [type=type here] / [type=type here (delete if only a single type!)] Moveset: [type=type here] - move here [type=type here] - move here [type=type here] - move here [type=type here] - move here Appearance: Personality: Other: Pokemon 2's name (delete if you don't have a second Pokemon!): Species: Gender: Type: [type=type here] / [type=type here (delete if only a single type!)] Moveset: [type=type here] - move here [type=type here] - move here [type=type here] - move here [type=type here] - move here Appearance: Personality: Other: [/centre]

Characters!

Lisia and Ali! (Portrayed by Marx!)

Character name: Lisia Age: 16 Gender / pronouns: Female, she/her Appearance:

Official Pokemon ORAS art!

Contest outfit: ^ See above! Personality: Peppy and always happy, Lisia is the poster child for the Contest Spectaculars. She's super confident and always wants to find a way to cheer people up when they're down. She's also super supportive of new stars, and she's always up for a contest showdown! Backstory: She doesn't remember much from her past, besides being raised by her contest-loving uncle, Wallace, who runs the Sootopolis City Gym. Under his wing, she learned all she needed to become a contest star! Other: She's usually never without her Altaria, Ali. Pokemon's name: Ali Species: Altaria Gender: Male Type: / Moveset: - Draco Meteor - Dragon Breath - Ice Beam - Moonblast Appearance: Your standard Altaria. Nothing much else to say. Personality: A rather introverted and shy Altaria on his own. But with Lisia, he's a whole different bird. With Lisia, he's confident, and a little cocky as well. Other: None!

Millie and Opal! (Portrayed by Snivy!)

Character name: Millie Kathun Age: 11 Gender / pronouns: Female, she, her, etc. Appearance (image or description works!): Wears a denim jacket (there’s a shirt with Altaria on it underneath ), black trousers, pink sneakers and has blonde hair plus crimson contacts. Contest outfit (same as appearance!): A dress similar to the default outfit for girls in ORAS, but it’s pastel pink instead of the vibrant pink, and has white stripes on, and her hair gets tied into a neat bow, plus pink flats. Personality: Outgoing yet kinda shy at the same time. Confusing, I know. But she’s one of those people who’s mad for keeping Pokemon in top condition. Backstory (optional!): Just the regular ORAS trainer backstory, but she found a Everstone on her first day so... I guess that’s chill! Other: Pokemon's name: Opal Species: Treecko (cuz of the Everstone) Gender: Female Type: - Grass Whistle (Egg Move) - Magical Leaf (Egg Move, MAN did Millie get lucky.) - Pound - Growl Appearance: Regular, but somehow has blue eyes. Personality: Nervous but when it comes to Contests, she gets caught up in the thrill. Other: She was apparently bred by Professor Birch.

Zephyr, Mozul and Carol! (Portrayed by Gem!)

Character name: Zephyr Maybell Age: 13 Gender/pronouns: Male, he/him/his Appearance: He is a lanky boy, with pale skin and dark purple hair, and even darker purple eyes. He wears a green hoodie, and dark gray leggings. He also wears gray Vans, with white ankle-length socks. It’s not that he’s not color-coordinated; it’s just that he doesn’t care what he wears outside of contests. Contest outfit: He wears a royal blue tailcoat jacket, with royal blue Levis tucked into shiny, raven-black lace-up boots. He also wears raven-black leather gloves. He also wears a long, silver scarf. Personality: Zephyr is almost always smug and relaxed, and not for no reason. People claim he’s lazy and a rude slouch upon meeting him, and he doesn’t bother to argue. He doesn’t get angry very easily. He simply waits to see their reactions after they see him in action. He comes from a rich family, and his mother trained both him and his older sister to use their Pokémon in shows to make money. So Zephyr and his sister are very talented at extorting their Pokémon’s moves and physical features for the most appealing appearance. He doesn’t treat his Pokémon badly; he still respects them and their wishes, and they do the same for him. Backstory: Welp sorta already told in personality, but here we go again. Zephyr‘s parents were travelling entertainers, and they were extremely skilled at it. They made a lot of money, and were able to settle down with it. They had Zephyr and his older sister, Clara. Their father was against training them in the ways of performing, as they had settled down and didn’t need to perform and travel, but their mother wanted to teach them anyway. They both showed interest in learning, so their mother taught them, beggining at age 8 for Clara and age 6 for Zephyr. They both showed talent for it, and used their parent’s Pokémon at first. When it came time for Clara to get her starter, rather than taking her to the lab, they gave her an empty Pokéball and one of their Pokémon, and helped Clara catch a Pokémon (Clara managed to catch an Azurill). When Zephyr’s time came, he disappointed his parents by catching a Croagunk. However, when he showed them how he could prove Croagunk’s worth, they allowed him to perform. He went on to catch another Pokémon, and also use that to its full potential. He proved that Pokémon that didn’t initially look beautiful could also please an audience. Other: Sorry for the plot holes in his backstory! Pokémon 1s name: Mozul Species: Croagunk Gender: Male Type: Moveset: Astonish Flatter Sucker Punch Swagger Appearance: That of a regular Croagunk Personality: Same as Zephyr Other: Croagunks aren’t normally found in Hoenn, and this will have something to do with Zephyr’s story eventually, perhaps not in this roleplay, though. Pokemon 2s name: Carol Species: Beartic Gender: Female Type: Moveset: Icicle Crash Powder Snow Charm Substitute (TR) Appearance: That of a regular Beartic, just slightly smaller. Personality: Carol is intense and energetic, and loves to win. Zephyr has to get her in her ball quick after a loss, because she tends to throw a temper tantrum. Other: She gets along well with Mozul, but she’s always dragging him around. Also, Cubchoo are also not found in Hoenn. This is also important to Zephyr’s story, but probably won’t be brought up in this roleplay at all.

Selina and Pip! (Portrayed by Ren!)

Character name: Selina Age: 9 Gender / pronouns: Female, she/her Appearance:

Made on Picrew by @mzk870_1
Contest outfit:

Made on Picrew by @mzk870_1
Personality: Being young, she uses this charm to its fullest and pushes a very sweet, energetic, and cute personality in her performances. She's pretty laid back (if not spoiled) outside of contests, but tends to be grumpier too. She probably wouldn't shy away from sabotaging someone, as her parents encouraged it. Backstory: Her rich parents wanted to have her be their dream child, so they started her off in contests almost instantly after she was born. She used their Pokémon until the day she obtained her Cleffa, Pip, for her 7th birthday. Her parents push her to optimize Pip for contests, so she has a very particular taste in the 'appeal' of a mon. Other: Her parents are obviously not the healthiest for her to have at this age, but luckily she's spending time away from them and can hold up alone. Pokemon's name: Pip Species: Cleffa Gender: Female Type: Moveset: - Sing - Sweet Kiss - Disarming Voice Appearance: Normal Cleffa, has the same blue bow Selina has on her left shoe in her contest outfit in the middle of her head Personality: Naughty, highly curious Other: Pip is nearly as spoiled as Selina, and tends to act better than any other Pokémon (probably even Arceus).
And with that... welcome to the world of Contest Spectaculars! rp is here!!
icon made by me, natalie is my character. oh, and check out my art shop too!!
SnivyQueen15's AvatarSnivyQueen15
I wanna be a Contest Star!
Character name: Millie Kathun Age: 11 Gender / pronouns: Female, she, her, etc. Appearance (image or description works!): Wears a denim jacket (there’s a shirt with Altaria on it underneath ), black trousers, pink sneakers and has blonde hair plus crimson contacts. Contest outfit (same as appearance!): A dress similar to the default outfit for girls in ORAS, but it’s pastel pink instead of the vibrant pink, and has white stripes on, and her hair gets tied into a neat bow, plus pink flats. Personality: Outgoing yet kinda shy at the same time. Confusing, I know. But she’s one of those people who’s mad for keeping Pokemon in top condition. Backstory (optional!): Just the regular ORAS trainer backstory, but she found a Everstone on her first day so... I guess that’s chill! Other: Password?: I don’t want you seein! Pokemon 1's name: Opal Species: Treecko (cuz of the Everstone) Gender: Female Type: - Grass Whistle (Egg Move) - Magical Leaf (Egg Move, MAN did Millie get lucky.) - Pound - Growl Appearance: Regular, but somehow has blue eyes. Personality: Nervous but when it comes to Contests, she gets caught up in the thrill. Other: One, he was apparently bred by Professor Birch, and two, when I saw this setup I whEEZED-
Silky is my character. Don't try stealing her! I'm SnivyQueen15, a RP junkie! I can give great tips on making them! And I got a favorite RP too... And a journal! Can't forget that.
octoren's Avataroctoren
first, how did i know you'd be here snivy. second, welcome to the world of contests!
Maybe it’s cuz I’m a RP freakoid and love Contests, soo... this rp is the flame my moth self is drawn to. So, not much I reckon./s
Double post apology~ Just editing my form, since.... I claimed Opal to be a "he" when she's a girl. Yeah....
octoren's Avataroctoren
:00 it's fine!!thank you for letting me know!!
Geminial's AvatarGeminial
I wanna be a contest star!

Zephyr Maybell

Character name: Zephyr Maybell Age: 13 Gender/pronouns: Male, he/him/his Appearance: He is a lanky boy, with pale skin and dark purple hair, and even darker purple eyes. He wears a green hoodie, and dark gray leggings. He also wears gray Vans, with white ankle-length socks. It’s not that he’s not color-coordinated; it’s just that he doesn’t care what he wears outside of contests. Contest outfit: He wears a royal blue tailcoat jacket, with royal blue Levis tucked into shiny, raven-black lace-up boots. He also wears raven-black leather gloves. He also wears a long, silver scarf. Personality: Zephyr is almost always smug and relaxed, and not for no reason. People claim he’s lazy and a rude slouch upon meeting him, and he doesn’t bother to argue. He doesn’t get angry very easily. He simply waits to see their reactions after they see him in action. He comes from a rich family, and his mother trained both him and his older sister to use their Pokémon in shows to make money. So Zephyr and his sister are very talented at extorting their Pokémon’s moves and physical features for the most appealing appearance. He doesn’t treat his Pokémon badly; he still respects them and their wishes, and they do the same for him. Backstory: Welp sorta already told in personality, but here we go again. Zephyr‘s parents were travelling entertainers, and they were extremely skilled at it. They made a lot of money, and were able to settle down with it. They had Zephyr and his older sister, Clara. Their father was against training them in the ways of performing, as they had settled down and didn’t need to perform and travel, but their mother wanted to teach them anyway. They both showed interest in learning, so their mother taught them, beggining at age 8 for Clara and age 6 for Zephyr. They both showed talent for it, and used their parent’s Pokémon at first. When it came time for Clara to get her starter, rather than taking her to the lab, they gave her an empty Pokéball and one of their Pokémon, and helped Clara catch a Pokémon (Clara managed to catch an Azurill). When Zephyr’s time came, he disappointed his parents by catching a Croagunk. However, when he showed them how he could prove Croagunk’s worth, they allowed him to perform. He went on to catch another Pokémon, and also use that to its full potential. He proved that Pokémon that didn’t initially look beautiful could also please an audience. Other: Sorry for the plot holes in his backstory! Password: and, this color!

Mozul

Pokémon 1s name: Mozul Species: Croagunk Gender: Male Type: Moveset: Astonish Flatter Sucker Punch Swagger Appearance: That of a regular Croagunk Personality: Same as Zephyr Other: Croagunks aren’t normally found in Hoenn, and this will have something to do with Zephyr’s story eventually, perhaps not in this roleplay, though.

Carol

Pokemon 2s name: Carol Species: Beartic Gender: Female Type: Moveset: Icicle Crash Powder Snow Charm Substitute (TR) Appearance: That of a regular Beartic, just slightly smaller. Personality: Carol is intense and energetic, and loves to win. Zephyr has to get her in her ball quick after a loss, because she tends to throw a temper tantrum. Other: She gets along well with Mozul, but she’s always dragging him around. Also, Cubchoo are also not found in Hoenn. This is also important to Zephyr’s story, but probably won’t be brought up in this roleplay at all.
Profile pic made by me <3
octoren's Avataroctoren
welcome to the rp, gem!!
Geminial's AvatarGeminial
Nice, thanks! Can’t wait!
octoren's Avataroctoren
quick heads up before i forget! we'll start when we have at least four other people, including you two!!

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2020 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page