PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny Charm Charging mechanics

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Kaiken's AvatarKaiken
Shiny charm charging. Apparently if you trade the shiny charm box away after setting a charm to charge it doesn't show the charm charging (on the page where you charge) anymore but getting a box back shows it's still there. Do you need to keep a box for it to charge or to get it when it's done or something....or will it just reappear when it's fully charged? Or is this a bug? It's really weird...
Mareep's AvatarMareep
I'm pretty sure you don't need the box for it to charge, but you need one to collect the charm once it is done. It's not a bug, it's a feature. Basically you need a box to access the 'charging' part on the shiny charm page. If you don't have one in your inventory the site won't show it to you, because you can't charge without a box anyways. If you don't own a box, it's usually better to swap dead for live charms when you borrow. It also takes 5 whole days if you just charge that one charm vs. 25 hours for 5+ charms
Avatar by Akua, permission to use it here
Kaiken's AvatarKaiken
I know about the duscounts and time reduction. I didn't do it myself...long story haha. I mean it actually is charging without the box. I get not giving the option to start charging or collect, but at least show the one currently charging so it doesn't seem like the charm(s) disappeared. Thanks for your answer.
Mareep's AvatarMareep
If it was used while you had the box it is not gone, you just can't access it for now.
Kaiken's AvatarKaiken
Yes but it took a but to figure that out since it doesn't show that on the shiny hunt page, the shiny charm isn't in inventory obviously, and there isn't anything about it on the wiki, help FAQ, etc. So...of course people who haven't done it before or been told by someone who knows are going to think they lost their charm(s).
Mareep's AvatarMareep
Well, if you think it should be changed, you can either edit the wiki page with the relevant info or make a suggestion to add a sentence about this in the suggestion forum. I agree it should be on the shiny charm page as it comes up from time to time

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page