PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"report user" in pms

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

cosmyn's Avatarcosmyn
so, as of right now, there is no way to directly report a pm without taking multiple steps, including: taking a screen shot of the message, uploading it to an image uploader or editor to crop the specific message you want to report, and then going to the users page to report. theres also the issue of a new person not knowing how to report pms. in the situation that brought on this suggestion, a friend of mine had gotten a pm from a brand new account (their own account is around 11 days old) asking for something, and my friend declined. that person then got aggressive and my friend didn't know how to report said pm until i told them the whole process of how to do it. (edit note: my friend said i could use this as an example and i tried to keep it vague as to not break any rules) since mods can already look at pms as it is, i think it would save both the user and the mods a lot of time if you could just report the pm directly instead of taking multiple steps when it could be as easy as a drop down menu with "report post/message" like there is on the forums. pros: - easier to report harassment in pms - easier for newer players to find cons: - may not be possible as they aren't actual forum messages?
  • about
  • hunt details
  • credits
cosmyn || he / him my shop! / collecting all summons
not buying
selling characters
electric gem / shinx 5a / 2s x15 / x5 / x0
BlankSmile's AvatarBlankSmile
I love this suggestion, as do many others based on the number of upvotes! This suggestion is a pretty important one in my eyes since we're always encouraged to report people harassing us since there's no block feature. I'm sure most harassment happens in private messages since that's the easiest way to prey on others. Who knows, perhaps having the option right there will even make others think twice. Something like this can be a powerful preventative measure against those would be bad apples. It certainly makes sense either way to expedite and simplify the whole process and save everyone a whole lot of time and effort, staff members especially. The faster these cases are resolved, the faster the community improves.
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
I support this, but I have one small thing that's confusing me a little. I think forum posts are directly reportable because they can be quoted/linked to. I think for this to happen PMs would have to be quotable/linkable, right? Would it work where the link is broken for anyone but moderators and the person reporting? (if that's the case, I'm perfectly alright with that)
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
selocon's Avatarselocon
@Pixelkitty anything can be quoted if you copy and paste it. I don't think that this is really needed since PMs can't be edited or deleted. Sure, it's an extra step or two to report currently, but it's not like the content is gonna change in that time.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
cosmyn's Avatarcosmyn
can you give an ACTUAL reason it shouldn’t be implemented? currently it just turns people away from reporting, since they may not know how to report a pm. the only reason you seemed to give was “they can’t be edited/deleted”, which doesn’t matter. it should still be easily accessible instead of having to take ten different steps in order to report someone.
D.MC's AvatarD.MC
for me personally i dont really care if it is or isnt implemented, but i do think the report button should be: 1: more noticeable 2: instead of it being just 'report user, pm, or post' it should be a drop down of categorys you select when you make a report on someone. (similar to the the poll layout but for reports)

like this

3: and as to where the report button should be put as more noteiceable, im not to sure on that.

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
cosmyn's Avatarcosmyn
bump
cosmyn's Avatarcosmyn
bump
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Howdy! This suggestion has been accepted, although it will be a while before it is implemented. While we hope this feature will aid users in reporting problematic PMs, please note that screenshots are not necessary when reporting content there. Moderators can check PMs, and content in there cannot be edited or deleted, so just tell us what the problem is and we'll look into it.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page