PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

☾ Dusk's Journal of Stuff and Things! ☽

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff >

Pages: 12

Galaxy 'Mons

Want to Use a Previously Made Sprite?

Please don't take any of these pre-existing Galaxy sprites without asking for permission to use them first! Whoever ordered them is their owner now - they asked and paid for the sprite to be made - so you should PM them asking for permission to use their sprite. They have every right to say no, however. This is a list to make it easier for people to PM the owners ^^ If an owner doesn't wish to have anyone use their sprites, please PM me so I can remove you from this list! If a sprite isn't on the list, you can't use it - e.g, my Dusk Sprite. Celebi = Lucie Shaymin = SoraX Phione = Addonia Ralts = tristun Shinx = ShinyShinx Vaporeon = Eggykitten Zekrom = Pikacraft17 Feraligatr = Apple Juice Gabite = Me (Permission granted - PM me for code~) Shaymin = Charlock (Permission granted - PM me for code~) Mudkip = Prince of Time Vaporeon = EsmaTheKey Chandelure = CrystalMoon Corsola = Hotaru Star Gastly = AngstPrince Dragonair = BayleafBeeen Meloetta = Revan Piplup = LugiaRevival Sylveon = LilyPrecious39 Serperior = DeadsomeJack Mawile = TNSTrittany Castform = cot hocolate Umbreon = iGiratinaLover Minun = Vanitail Mew = Caitlinxø273 Ninetails = BayleafBeeen Clefable = GangreneElbow Nidorino = angelic Flareon = CaptainBearBear Lucario = TheAnikitty Giratina = NightMareWolf Entei = NeymarJr Ninetails = Suki Kuchiki Skitty = QueenWaffleCat Meloetta = Pikacraft17 Absol = Mossfire85 Banette = AngstPrince Pikachu = Novan-Chan Garchomp = SoulDahDerp Kyogre = GangreneElbow Butterfree = Tristun Cleffa = Tristun Umbreon = Me (Permission granted - PM for code~) Girafarig = GangreneElbow Absol = Mossfire85 Sylveon = SoraX Cresselia = AllieNight Aurorus = Hotaru Star Plusle = Vanitail Clefable = tristun Umbreon = Fang The Wolf Espeon = Caitlinxø273 Entei = Addonia Haunter = angelic Giratina = iGiratinaLover Eevee = Mossfire85 Vulpix = ThëLightKing Zorua = QueenWaffleCat Cryogonal - PhasedCyentist Regirock = Charlock (Permission granted - PM me for code~) Reshiram = ElementalDragon Cyndaquil = Mossfire85 Smeargle = GangreneElbow Umbreon = Fang The Wolf Zoroark = Lucie Mew = Myamoo425 Articuno = Suki Kuchiki Moltres = NeymarJr Reshiram = Suki Kuchiki Sandshrew & Sandslash = Sand-Shrew Just to clarify: If I find out anyone has been using these sprites without permission, I will ban you from my shop and report you right away. I went out of my way to make this list, so there's no excuse to steal these sprites.
All Sprites I use are official Pokemon sprites from the games that I find through pldh.net. I just edit the colours/galaxy part~ Any Pokefarm Q Sprites were used with permission from Sei.
Edited by Chronos
Edited by Me
Edited by Me
Edited by Me
Credits; Icon (see below), Signature
TCG Artwork
Icon is from the official Love Live School Idol Festival Mobile App <3
<<Placeholder>>
<<Placeholder>>
<<Placeholder>>

Rin and Dusk's Ra
f f l
es

"Hello everyone! Welcome back to Addy and Dusk's exclusi- Wait, that's not quite right. Welcome to Rin and Dusk's Raffles! Whether you're loathing the thought of Single's Awareness Day or rolling in the Valentine's chocolate, me and Hayashi Rin have dozens of neat prizes to brighten up your February! We're running this raffle for a full month, drawing the prizes on March 14th. Each person may only enter once and can only win one prize. For all of you that don't win one of our big prizes, I'll give you a consumable to sweeten the deal; This way, everybody wins! Hopefully you all look forward to the prize drawing, and please remember to have fun! Hugs and snugs, -- Dusky x"

Schedule

Valentine's Raffle - February 14th through March 14th♥ Summer Solstice Raffle - May 21st through June 21st Halloween Raffle - October 1st through October 31st Winter Solstice Raffle - November 21st through December 21st

Now accepting donations for the Summer Solstice Raffle~!

Note: As this raffle is already underway, any donations will be for the upcoming Summer Solstice raffle. Just to re-iterate the rules, donations will not grant you an extra entry! As a general rule of thumb, we would prefer donations following the theme of our raffles (i.e. a shiny Mimikyu or Griseous Orb for the Halloween Raffle - a spooky/dress-up theme, or a shiny Snorunt or Ice Feather for the Winter Solstice Raffle - a frigid/winter-y theme). Pokémon donations are limited to special Pokémon (shinies and albinos) and items are preferably at least somewhat difficult/time consuming to obtain (i.e. Gracidea, Box Box, Large Gems and Mega Stones). As donations are donations however, we will be accepting even items that don't follow the theme of our raffles. Any donations that don't follow our requirements we will have to politely decline though, so please inquire if you are uncertain as we would absolutely hate to do this~! ;; If you have questions as to what is accepted, please send a PM to Hayashi Rin about it. He is friendly and kind; I promise he doesn't bite~! owo

Rules

• All Pokéfarm Rules apply.
  • One entry per person; there is no additional entries. Please don't try and be sneaky by commenting twice!
  • Please PM us about donations - donations will not grant you an extra entry, but will show that you are a generous little demon
    It's Yohari~!
    soul~!
  • To enter, please fill out the form below.
  • If asked to make edits to the form, please repost your edited form. We will not go looking for it!
  • Please don't double-post or spam the thread with unrelated comments.
  • Please subscribe to the thread! If you win, you will be required to comment "claim" to receive a prize or "pass" if you don't want it - we will not chase you down. Creatively claiming or passing your prize will result in some giggles and be greatly appreciated~ ;3
  • Remember to have fun and respect each other! <3
Failure to comply with these rules will result in an ignored post. If you have any questions, please just shoot us a PM!

Form

[b]Username:[/b] [b]Number:[/b] [b]Backup Numbers:[/b] (Please include some in case your first choice is taken) [b]Subscribed?:[/b] Yes/No (Please do so owo) [b]Comments:[/b] May be occluded if you have none.

Prizes

Shinies (76)

Albinos (6)

Items (21)

Donors (6)

Addonia ♥ ♥ Chéseal ♥ ♥ Corvid-Veil ♥ ♥ lugia951 ♥ ♥ Towairaito ♥ ♥ XD001 Leviathan

Banner

Banner Code

[url=https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/139616/Rin-and-Dusk-s-Valentine-s-Raffle][img]https://pokefarm.com/upload/Dusky_Peculiar/Banners/Valentine_s_Banner.png[/img][/url]
Prices
General Shiny Prices (exception: exclusives/genderless)
2,560 - 3,840 5,120 6,400 - 7,680 8,960 - 10,240
Summons 50GP 10ZC 50k Credits 3 Boxes Summons 150GP 25ZC 150k Credits 5 Boxes Summons 200GP 30ZC 200k Credits 8 Boxes Summons 250GP 40ZC 250k Credits 12 Boxes
Albinos are x2 the Shiny Price
~~~ Summon Items Only looking to swap my summons for the following:
Ice Feather
Thunder Feather
Fire Feather
Cloned Sash
Origin Sash
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Tidal Bell
Clear Bell
GS Ball
Rock Statue
Ice Statue
Steel Statue
Red Soul Dew
Blue Soul Dew
Sapphire Orb
Ruby Orb
x0 x0 x0x0Xx0Xx3x27x0x0x1x1x0x0x0x0x0
Jade Orb
Wishing Stone
Helix Orb
Kagami
Magatama
Kusanagi
Adamant Orb
Lustrous Orb
Magma Stone
Gold Statue
Griseous Orb
Lunar Wing
Sea Crown
Nightmare Shroud
Gracidea Seed
Victory Medal
Cobalt Épée
Terracotta Épée
x0Xx0x0x0x0 x0x0x0 x0x0x112x0x0Xx1x1x0
Viridian Épée
Fujin's Lamp
Raijin's Lamp
White Stone
Black Stone
Inari's Lamp
Gray Stone
Apprentice's Épée
Music Box
Ancient Drive
Life Antler
Death Wing
Order's Crest
Diamond Tiara
Hyperspace Ring
Komainu Figurine
Mage Orb
x0x1x0x0x1x0 x0x0x9x0x0x0x0Xx0x0x0
Soul Heart
Ku Idol
Kanaloa Idol
Lono Idol
Kane Idol
Eclipse Flute
Spectral Leiomano
x0x0x0 x0x0x0x0
~~~ Summon Items Only looking to swap my summons for the following:
Ice Feather
Thunder Feather
Fire Feather
Cloned Sash
Origin Sash
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Tidal Bell
Clear Bell
GS Ball
Rock Statue
Ice Statue
Steel Statue
Red Soul Dew
Blue Soul Dew
Sapphire Orb
Ruby Orb
x0 x0 x0x0Xx0Xx3x27x0x0x1x1x0x0x0x0x0
Jade Orb
Wishing Stone
Helix Orb
Kagami
Magatama
Kusanagi
Adamant Orb
Lustrous Orb
Magma Stone
Gold Statue
Griseous Orb
Lunar Wing
Sea Crown
Nightmare Shroud
Gracidea Seed
Victory Medal
Cobalt Épée
Terracotta Épée
x0Xx0x0x0x0 x0x0x0 x0x0x112x0x0Xx1x1x0
Viridian Épée
Fujin's Lamp
Raijin's Lamp
White Stone
Black Stone
Inari's Lamp
Gray Stone
Apprentice's Épée
Music Box
Ancient Drive
Life Antler
Death Wing
Order's Crest
Diamond Tiara
Hyperspace Ring
Komainu Figurine
Mage Orb
x0x1x0x0x1x0 x0x0x9x0x0x0x0Xx0x0x0
Soul Heart
Ku Idol
Kanaloa Idol
Lono Idol
Kane Idol
Eclipse Flute
Spectral Leiomano
x0x0x0 x0x0x0x0
<<Placeholder>>
Dusky Peculiar - The OC and the Artist Behind So, I figure for my first actual journal entry I should talk a little more about my pokemon character: Dusky Peculiar! ^This cute cinnamon roll right here! (Thanks again to Fujin Yumi for the adorable site image, eek~!) I've noticed fairly recently that a lot of people don't see the difference between "Dusky" and me, the person behind her. My name is Vicky, by the way - hello! When I first designed Dusk the Umbreon she was a far, far different character. I was about 10 years old at the time and created Dusky to be a role model in my life (since I didn't really have anyone real to be a paragon of goodness in my life). She ultimately represented the person I wanted to be when I 'grew up'. Dusk's first iteration was a mature, cool character who all of the boys fell head over heels for and who always had the confidence to say what she needed to. She was this strong, mature figure with lots of friends...aaaand I admit that she also had a weird edgy red-and-blue dark side that she had to learn to control. Because that's more relatable, am I right? Also I apparently have a thing for demons, so there's that too. Either way, that is definitely not the Dusky that graces my page and the site with her antics today; so what happened? As I grew older, the 'ideal' person morphed from one Victoria Justice into a happier, bouncier character. Nowadays I find myself drawn to the characters in shows and writing whom are also strong enough to be able to find the brightness and positivity in everything that life throws at them. As a result, I've found myself becoming that kind of person too, just as I strived! I work hard to try and be more outgoing, and I can look at myself in the mirror and be okay with the kind of person I turned out to be. Though, that's not to say there isn't more room for growth - far from it! (Credit: Love Live! Sunshine!) I like being happy and I like smiling - I like being a bit of a goof and seeing (or hearing about) the shiny brightness of everyone else's smile wherever I can. It feels good to be able to make someone's day and gives me a positive purpose and influence in my friend's lives - or, at least, I hope so! I feel really warm and emotional when people confess that they feel like they could tell me anything. That's a lot of trust to put in someone, and I hope I can live up to that trust and be worthy of it. Back to the original topic, though, I think the line is actually blurring a lot between me and Dusk because of this, so it may be my own fault! Which, admittedly, isn't necessarily a bad thing if she represents my 'ideal person to be'. My friend once asked me if I felt weird every time someone called me "Dusky", and I admitted that I was so used to it by now that it didn't even phase me. It's so strange to think that I even hesitated to add the y at the end of "Dusky" at first, because I thought it sounded childish and stupid - the complete opposite of the cool, mature Dusk I was used to. Now, however, I couldn't imagine her without! I couldn't imagine a me who doesn't spam chats with gifs and silly emoticons. I couldn't imagine a me who used to struggle to go outside and interact with other people. And I couldn't imagine a me who wasn't represented by the fuzzball I poured every scrap of my being into, and who ended up shaping me into a better, kinder person as a result. Hugs and snugs and lots of love, Dusky. You rock~! <3 Here's to many more years with you as my fuzzy companion!
Glaquine and Cavallost

Pokedex Entries

Glaquine: "It buries itself in the snow and waits for prey to approach. When it isn't hunting, this Pokémon is very playful and likes to slide down icy slopes." Cavallost: "The pattern on its fins glow like fire to attract naïve Pokémon and lost travellers. When they get too close, there is no chance to escape."
Glaquine = Glacier + Equine Cavallost = Cavallo/Cavalry + Frost Fun facts: > They bury themselves in the snow and wait for prey to approach. > Their fins glow like a bright fire to attract wandering people and other Pokemon. > Their tails are very powerful, allowing them to push themselves through the snow with relative ease. > They can, in fact, swim, despite not being water-typed.

Why no water/fire type?!

Why isn't it fire-typed? Well, that's because what you're actually seeing with the fins isn't fire, but rather a pattern designed to look like fire (which even fooled a lot of you ;3) similar to how some types of moth wing-patterns look like gigantic eyes, or how some non-venomous snakes and frogs have developed the same patterns as venomous ones so they don't get eaten. And, of course, angler fish! Another reason I didn't make it fire/ice, as cool of a combination as that would be, is because I don't believe a fire/ice type would be a particularly good idea unless Pokemon were really creative about it. If that, in fact, was fire coming out of Cavallost's icy back then not only would it be useless in its home territory (as it would melt all the ice and snow) but would it not just...melt itself and be in excruciating pain all the time? For the design I have, I believe it just simply doesn't work. Maybe the typing would better for something that has two heads, or something that is likewise split into two halves? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Why isn't it water-typed? Dratini is found in the water and, despite that, isn't a water type! LeafGreen's pokedex entry is for dratini is: "Long considered a mythical Pokémon until recently, when a small colony was found living underwater." And Ultra Sun's pokedex entry for dratini is: "It's still weak, so it lurks on the floor of bodies of water, eating whatever food sinks down and living a quiet life." Similarly, Dragonair: PKMN Stadium: "Lives in large bodies of water like the sea and lakes. It is said to have the power to change the weather and fly." Firered: "It is said to live in seas and lakes. Even though it has no wings, it has been seen flying occasionally." Ultra Sun: "Lakes where Dragonair live are filled with offerings from people, because they believe this Pokémon is able to control the weather." Because they spend more time above-ground in the snow to hunt their prey, it seemed a bit silly to have yet another water/ice type just for the sake of having it be water/ice. But just because a pokemon isn't water-typed doesn't mean it can't swim or hunt in the water! I like to twist expectations on their heads, and that's what this pokemon is all about~
Inspiration ...How many of you would be surprised if I told you the inspiration to make these guys initially came from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? xD; Hear me out! I've always been interested in sea creatures and dragons and fantasy - it's one of my absolute favourite things to draw because it twists the reality we know into something much more wonderful and beautiful, something much more fantastic. I love the exaggerated wings of a pegasus and the incredible magic a Unicorn is capable of, despite the fact that I dislike real horses with a fairly strong passion. ^^; I-I'm not scared of them! They're just...big and imposing and...I had a bit of a traumatic experience when a was younger with them. Then MLP came out with the sirens who, in their base form, were these gigantic amazing sea-horse-type-things, all vicious and cool-looking! Their idea has been stuck in my head since the movie came out in 2014. But, of course, they weren't even my favourite thing about the movie.. ~ ♥ ~ I wanted to do something with this~! Of course I didn't want to blatantly rip off MLP and what they did, but I had so many ideas and so much inspiration! I sketched them for months and months afterwards, but nothing ever really happened with them and the ideas in my head. I joined the Pokefarm Art staff in September of 2016, I believe? I finally had an opportunity to bring to life my ideas and turn them into something that everyone else could enjoy! >w< They went through a fair few design changes though - my style isn't quite a "pokemon" style and it's hard for me to mimic it. The first design looked a little more "mlp", probably because I'm so used to drawing them! Then I tried making it completely different in the hopes that it would pull away from the MLP feel: Lastly I tried again with different eye styles and other tweaks and ideas: But...nothing was really seeming to work out. ><; Then Novie helped out and re-worked the design into something that could work! (Look at Novie's beautiful art~! ✧‿‿✧ ) Thus, finally, my babs were a reality~! >w< They no longer look like MLP knock-offs and instead have their own look and feel, whilst still keeping different bits and pieces of the original designs - you can still see the nose-guard on Cavallost and the ice chests, and (of course) the colours from the original. I'm really just extremely thrilled that a lot of people like the design I worked so hard to make for my first Pokefarm Fakemon! Thank you all for your kind comments and praises~! ♥
Mega Liepard Okay, so, this is Dusky's behind-the-scene process for mega liepard~ A few things I'd like to address before I begin; > I did not want a bipedal cat. I don't think that's how the mega evolution would work at all - it's much more likely to be able to sneak around successfully if it had all 4 paws on the ground. Plus, the amount of people that complain when a 4-legged mon becomes bipedal? E.g. Incineroar? Not worth the trouble when I don't personally think it fits...at all. > I did more to the design than just "add fluff" (please see the details below). > The design is based off a Masquerade, with hints of "theif". It's after your heart <3 ...and then your wallet ;P So! With that out of the way, now onto the actual design itself! (All the credit to Novie for the image - it's *exactly* what was in my head with this mega <33) Masquerades are often depicted as rich folk of a higher class, especially in older times or movies, and they choose dresses that suit their body shape - I tried to do the same, keeping Liepard sleek but a tiny bit bulkier to show that added strength. That's also why I opted for a less dynamic pose - I wanted something sassy. I wanted this sleek design, this sly kitty to look like its predecessors with an upgrade in charisma and charm. The initial pose was actually this; Puffing her chest out, looking down her nose coyly at you. We still ended up with that, but now she's more "kiss my paw, peasant...~" The design itself actually went through many, many edits. I ended up with a total of...15+ different combinations we could've gone with. I think some people really don't appreciate or get how much work and time and care goes into some of these megas. And the recolours, and just about anything we do - there's so much background work, trial and error, tweaks and adjustments that you guys just don't really get to see. That's what I'm here to show! So here's the various different designs (collated for easier viewing); The first 4 were "Stage 1 and 2". I started with the initial sketch and then branched off into a few more because we weren't completely sold on the design. The coloured one is "Stage 3" - I was given a description to try and tried to work to it. The last set we ended with were these; Which, includes the design we finally settled on! ^^^^ She has boots and gloves, a sleek form and a dazzling mask, and yet still retains her feline features - whiskers, over all shape, and her long, feline tail. I could go on forever about all the little things that are based off specific masquerade images and features, but I don't want to type for forever. If need be, I'll add a little more to this later <3 As always, if you have any questions about any of this or sprite stuff in general, feel free to just bounce me a PM~

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page