PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Remove tourney egg lock

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123456··· 8910

Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
Let's look at that from another angle - what if someone kind of wanted to take a break because they realize they're spending too much time here, but the thought of losing that progress and having to wait to get it back made it very difficult to do? If Pokefarm were to have features/tactics deliberately designed to hook people and keep them paying and playing, then I'd think we'd want to talk about those directly, not random features that weren't meant to address the problem in the first place. (I'm not trying to be a jerk, I don't have it so bad but I do struggle with spending too much time on games sometimes, so I get that, I just disagree that it's relevant here)
cosmyn's Avatarcosmyn

QUOTE originally posted by Mouse 13

@ Roukan Pokefarm is not responsible for its players' mental or physical health. That is each person's own responsibility. Why should everyone be punished because maybe one or two players can't manage the time they spend on here in a healthy manner?
many sites can cause those mental issues such as anxiety. i know there was a site i was on (i won’t name it) where someone was continuously talking about me and my husband behind our back to other members (there were screenshots), and the staff didn’t do much because it was on discord, not their site. people can cause an unsafe environment, and that in turn can cause anxiety that makes it difficult to use the site. that would be the fault of the site, not the user. since there’s no blocking system, that can increase that anxiety by ten. locking them out would be EXTREMELY unfair, and blaming someone with mental issues for not being able to use the site for a while is INCREDIBLY rude. that being said, i massively agree with this suggestion. no one should be locked out of an important game play element like unlocking tourney eggs, especially if they’re arceus rank.
  • about
  • hunt details
  • credits
cosmyn || he / him my shop! / collecting all summons
not buying
selling characters
electric gem / shinx 5a / 2s x15 / x5 / x0
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Bump
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
New tourney. Another bump
Bump
Sumeragi's AvatarSumeragi
I am dying, the conversations to this was extremely entertaining You'll have to forgive me if I bring up a point that's already been explained. I started skimming half-way through page 2 or 3. I moderately support this. Primarily because I saw this quote and I agree completely with them...

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

Why punish player for being inactive and not instead like, being cheerful that they are coming back? I'll use a silly example but, if a dog is being punish for fleeing, they may don't come back the next times. If the site punish a player when they want to spend the little times they have find on it, they may think after that this is not worth it.
Yes, I get it, it's "Just one point". But if it's that small of an issue, why have it at all? Why are we punishing users for being away? As the quote says, "they may not come back next time." Or they come back, see they have to wait (I think I saw around average) 3 weeks to get their progress back. Ew. Gross. Why? As an older player, I worked my butt off to get where I was (SSS Arceus) and I took, I think, 3 long breaks in that time. After two of those breaks, I worked my butt off again, to regain Arceus, this was the time where tournies have 4 new pokemon. Well, after the third break, I got fed up with it and now I don't (I still do) care. Seeing that my hard work gets set back when I take breaks, kinda hurts. And then to find out that I have to wait 3 weeks to get my status back? Yeah, no... I'm taking another 3 week break lol, and then forget what I was doing. Is it so bad to take breaks from a game? I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets burnt out from playing the same game every day, or just to get away from the community, or to no-life another game that just came out. And then come back refreshed and ready to see what else said game has to offer in the time I was away. There's actually quite a few games out there now who do the "Welcome Back!!!! We Missed you so much!!!!!!" and give you small rewards to help you get back into the game. I'm not saying PFQ should (or shouldln't) implement this idea, but it goes back to the saying of "Why are we punishing those who do come back?" It shouldn't matter why a user left for their break. Who cares? They came back didn't they? That's what should matter. Perhaps it would be a better idea to just have a few days lock of the egg for users who didn't score "just one point" instead of having to wait three weeks? Kinda meet in the middle? You'd still get that rush for the tokens for people who come back because they're preparing to buy for when their eggs do unlock.
bump
Kiwani's AvatarKiwani
I don't support it, I know that I'm going to catch some flak about this, but an egg is normally locked if you don't get a single point in said tournament. There's nothing stopping you from just seeing what the egg is for the tournament, if you want to take a break. To me any ways, this is also rewarding people who doesn't do tournament, or just waiting for them to be breedable, or just can't be bothered because they think tournaments are pointless. There would be nothing stopping me from buying and hoarding tokens just so I can wait until the egg is unlocked.
*11/300 Fujin's Lamp All avatar credit of Nathaniel the Natu goes to Sina142's joint art shop.
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
I give full support. Players should be rewarded in some capacity for returning after a break (intentional or not) instead of being locked out and punished for not logging into a game for a week. Stuff happens in life. Sometimes you just can't get online and it would be disheartening to come back and be locked out from progressing because say, you were in hospital or something. I'm tired and words are hard I hope this makes sense
Bump

Pages: 123456··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page