PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Remove :ree: emoji from the Discord server

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 1234

Abusing the pokerus wasn't an issue, until it was. Being able to edit your About before clicking the confirmation email wasn't an issue, until it was. Using the release option in the egg supplier to get credits back wasn't an issue, until it was. Just because something wasn't an issue, doesn't mean it isn't an issue or can't be an issue. I've personally heard nothing good about twitch. But I've also never used it. But irrelevant. This isn't twitch. Pokefarm isn't even remotely related to the purpose pf twitch. And as Zen said, mods appear to have been unaware of it's use in bullying/degrading a certain group of people. We're talking about one emoji, not all of them. And you failed to answer my last question: How would removing it hurt the site?
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Kinshine's AvatarKinshine
I like go back to two the users way above the covo starring they like it to be removed and replaced. Replacing it will not fix this issue because let’s give a example - Take a anger neit face or one the other mods someone could easily twist it and go “oh scream icon = this or that” someone going do it to be honest it will always happen. Someone will ruin the fun for all of us Whicth leads us again here because one person turns it bad it spreads and is tainted then no one can ever fix it because people go guess can’t use it or change it to be good. —- Also I like to share in the rules

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

1. This site is intended to be child-friendly with parental guidance
It’s intended but it’s not fully a child site as if it was we wouldn’t have a adult section at all on this site. Also even stated twice when Niet said in his news post about the site changing to pg 13 or what ever he wanted to do long ago. Plus, discord is not pfq. Discord not a child friendly site it’s a talking server. It’s a talking server for everyone which that chatroom just happens to be PFQ - Whicth has parental guidance required. — Will it help mod the chat? - yes cause it shows if people going abuse a simply over exaggerating emoji which is childish in my opinion then they can be punished for rule six on disrespecting users. That goes for any words emojis ect. However, replacing or taking it out someone going always be triggered by something! —- Can it express anything clearer...??? NO! because let’s face it no one can use a emoji or words to full make clearer understand them. That’s why it’s stated in science it’s better talking face to face. Because tones and feelings can’t fully 100% be interpreted thru writing fully because someone out there may or may not understand or feel the same way. —- The More I look into this emoji and looking at some the others I think taking them all out is the best option like Poke-Hatcher stated above. That way no one would feel affected by any emojis because taking one out going lead to another issue sooner or later. For the most I think just removing it will stop all the fighting all together because this whole thing is not even civil anymore from now we’re dragging more issues into this that are not related again to the subject at hand.
Avatar by: Nettle Bee | Pixel by: Bufuserk
WolfBoyRowan's AvatarWolfBoyRowan
I have to agree with D33RG0D5 and Poke-Hatcher. When it comes down to it, it's really just a meme. Honestly I've personally seen basically no such case of "far right supremacists" using this meme as something bad, only a few forum trolls. Letting a few forum trolls ruin something for everyone is......childish to put it bluntly. If it is used in a harmless context then there is no harm done. Simple as that, no support.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
We've taken all opinions on board and discussed it with staff. None of us had any objections to the removal of the emote so it's gone now. Thank you for the weigh-ins.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page