PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Starry Art Academy

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon Art > Art Schools >

Pages: 123··· 91011

StarlaSketch's AvatarStarlaSketch
Starry Art Academy
  • Welcome
  • Classes
  • Tutorials+Tips
  • FAQ
Oooh! Welcome welcome~ I'm Starlaa! I'm the head teacher of this lil art academy! Here is where the art senpais
Senpai is an upperclassman who mentors an underclassman. Can also mean "earlier colleague" or "teacher"
share their art secrets. I'm still obviously not the best at art, but I have been drawing for some years now, roughly 4-5 years maybe? Well so at the very least I can help beginners out! Please read all the tabs below, these all are useful info if you wanna be a student or teacher!

The academy is currently accepting both new students and teachers

Rules

• Follow PFQ Rules
  • Do not be mean or rude to others and do not put others down. There is a fine line between just being hateful and giving contructive criticism. Don't go into the hateful side.
  • Tracing is only allowed for PRACTICE, do not use traced work for assignments unless specifically asked to trace. I think tracing is good for practice as it help you memorize how a thing ACTUALLY looks like and stabilize your drawing hand.
  • Bases are also only to be used if you credit the base you used AND the base you use has nothing to do with the assignment (taking a hair assignment, and using a base so you don't have to draw the body BUT drawing the hair completely by hand is okay!)
  • To apply as a teacher you must have AT LEAST 2 years of experience in art
  • More can be added
    The password is: Your Fave PKMN Starter, if you have multiple pretend it's a fusion of them and say a fusion name
    at any time, please do your part to stay up to date wit the rules.

Nickname: (What would you like to be called?) How long have you been drawing?: You want to be a: (Pick either student or teacher) What is your speciality?: (What do you think you're best at drawing or simply have the most fun drawing?) Weak Point: (What's something that makes you cry in pain just to draw) Classes: (If you're applying as a student this is where you put what you wanna learn how to draww. However if you're applying as a teacher this is where you put what you wanna teach to the students! Can be one of the existing classes or something completely your own!) Password: (OwO what's thish?)

Code

[b]Nickname:[/b] (What would you like to be called?) [b]How long have you been drawing?:[/b] [b]You want to be a:[/b] (Pick either student or teacher) [b]What is your speciality?:[/b] (What do you think you're best at drawing or simply have the most fun drawing?) [b]Weak Point:[/b] (What's something you just can't draw right no matter what.) [b]Classes:[/b] (If you're applying as a student this is where you put what you wanna learn how to draww. However if you're applying as a teacher this is where you put what you wanna teach to the students! Can be one of the existing classes or something completely your own!) [b]Password:[/b] (OwO what's thish?)

Teachers

Here shows the teachers of the academy and what classes they teach!
Username Classes
StarlaSketch "Guidelines and how great they are" "Cartoony Anatomy" "Shading" "Character Design" "Redlining" "Basics of Cute Art" "H A I R" May add onto anytime
Avacyn ""Basic Anatomy" "Basic Composition" "Shading" "Eyes" "Hands" "Hair"

Students

These all are students of the academy! They will be students only until they finish all their classes, after that they're taken off the list~ This shows each student and what classes they wanna learn, what their current assignment/s are. And how many classes they have finished!
Username Class/es Current Assignment/s Progress
Doduo All of StarlaSketch's Guidelines (Action Line+Skeleton) 0/6
Braìxen101 Starla's Basics of cute stuff + Shading. basic cute stuff 0/2
PeanutsButter Guidelines + Starla's Cartoony Anatomy + Character Design Guidelines (Action Line+Skeleton) 0/3
15Hannah06 All of StarlaSketch's Guidelines (Action Line+Skeleton) 0/6
Pøckychu All of StarlaSketch's -Redlining H A I R 0/5
hayleypokebip ??? ??? ???/???
Føxxshadow Hair and Shading Hair 0/2
Username Class/es Current Assignment/s Progress

Banner

Code [url=https://pfq.link/~LzHP][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/335c101129f9189704358c4cf216dac0/tumblr_py2p2wxamd1wx1un4o4_r1_250.png[/img][/url]
Practice Makes Perfect Teachers, please PM me the the entire accordion and a-section codes to place here uwu

StarlaSketch's Classes

Guidelines and how great they are

"What are guidelines?" You might ask, well they are what an artist first draws when making any piece, they are a base of sorts. I will teach you how to use em to help make your art more precise!

Cartoony Anatomy

aksdhask I am trash at actual anatomy, I can only do cute cartoony anatomy for ya.

Shading

wwooooo my fave! If you master shading, even with silly lineart your art will look cool! Shading can also help express emotions or where the character is at!

Character Design

Character design is complex and opinionated take everything I say as just another perceptive~

Redlining

This is just a critic class, if you just wanna occasionally stroll in and ask for critic or redline of your piece, where I will point out the parts I think is odd or needs more improvement on!

Basics of Cute Art

Here is how to be cute in art!

H A I R

Ah, yes hair, lovely, lovely hair, I shall teach you the art of hair.

Ava’s classes

✦Basic anatomy

Basic knowledge of the human body helpful for drawing.

✦Basic composition

The composition is how you arrange all the items in your drawing. It’s important to know how to place everything in a drawing.

✦Shading

I will teach how I do the shades/lights.

✦Eyes

People often struggle drawing the eyes and I think it’s the most important and expressive part of a character. Study of different kind of eyes.

✦Hands

Hands are difficult, but there are some tricks to draw them better.

✦Hair

Tips and tricks to drawing hair.
Here is where a bunch of tips and tutorials by the teachers will be placed~ Teachers please PM me if you wanna add onto it!

Starla's Tip no.1

Try learning to use an art program that isn't MS Paint. As it's very limited, it doesn't even have the life-saving layers ;-; Try using Medibang Paint, Ibis Paint, Fire Alpaca. And guess what? Those 3 are completely free. Of course, there's also Photoshop, Paint Tool Sai
My fave <3
, and Clip Studio Paint too. But they aren't free. Tho if you don't mind spending money on them then go ahead ^^

Starla's Tip no.2

Try flipping your drawing as you sketch, it helps you see mistakes more cleary! Sometimes your eyes get used to your mistakes and kinda fix em for you, but flipping the image makes it seem like you're seeing it for the first time!

Ava’s tip 1: More sketches

✦When you start with a drawing try sketching three different poses/angles, it will work as a warm up and it will help you to see more points of view you didn’t think about at first. Maybe your second or third sketch will be better than your first one and you will end up using that one!

Ava’s tip 2: Layer modes

✦Don’t be afraid of using layer modes. Layer modes are really helpful, they can make gorgeous effects. I use them for highlights (shine/luminosity modes), playing with the colors (overlay mode), giving the whole drawing an atmosphere (multiply, shade modes)... The best thing you can do is experiment with them, that way you will know if you like it or not.

Ava’s tip 3: Take a break

✦If something’s off with your drawing but you don’t know what is it you can zoom out. Sometimes you need to see the whole drawing from a distance to see the mistakes. I like to flip the canvas as well, but if nothing of that helps the only thing you can do is take a break. If you still can’t see what’s wrong, you can always ask for help to friends/other artists.

Ava’s tip 4: Art style

✦Don’t worry too much about your personal art style. I’ve seen a lot of people obsessed about it, to the point that they get frustrated by their art and they stop drawing. Your personal style will develop itself. Everyone has an art style, it’s in the way we see the world and draw it. You can change it, of course, just don’t worry too much about it!

Ava’s tip 5: Start with a base

✦Draw “naked” people/characters and then add the clothes/items. Don’t start drawing directly the clothes, hair, etc… there’s the possibility that you make more anatomy mistakes if you do that. Doing a sketch of the body without anything else will help you to place everything later.
Do I have to be very active? Nope! Not at all, come whenever you want and learn here.
Do assignments have deadlines They do not, please work and finish them whenever you'd like.
If you have any questions feel free to pm me or comment on the forum!
idk what to put here so it's empty ;v;
Starla/Alice ⋆ She/Her Quiet ⋆ Often lost in thought A shy and indecive gal who's a big mess. Also very tired and lazy I like art, games tea, sweets, flowers, stars and anime/manga. My biggest obessions are Your Turn To Die, Danganronpa, Bungou Stray Dogs and 1bitHeart Art ShopJournalArt School
Doduo's AvatarDoduo
Nickname: Doduo How long have you been drawing?: Ever since I could pick up a pencil! Though I stopped for a few years during school because motivation and don't draw as much as I used to. You want to be a: Student. What is your speciality?: I am probably only good at headshots and also like to design characters, but I'm not very good at it thinking of a design. I also only draw humans so far so would like to try to draw other things too. Weak Point: So much oof. Any kind of anatomy, animals, anthros etc. Classes: If possible I'd like to learn everything and possibly start off in order of the list, but I'd also REALLY like to do Character Design! Password:

password

Rowlet
15Hannah06's Avatar15Hannah06
Nickname:Hannah How long have you been drawing?: For about 5years, got my Tablet in 2017 You want to be a: Student What is your speciality?:uhh no idea xD Weak point: Humans, Hands, practically everything xD Classes:I'd like to go through the list aswell, since im struggling with many things ^^ Password:Boop
Sakuri's AvatarSakuri
Nickname: Braixen How long have you been drawing?: Since I was 7(4 years) You want to be a: student What is your speciality?: Animals, kinda furries, some Pokemon Weak Point: Can not draw Mareep ears right, Fox pokemon but eevee( THE EARS ARE PAIN), furries, humans, standing up Pokemon Classes: Basics of cute stuff, shading. Password: poppilo
Avatar is an official gif from the anime “My Hero Academia”
  • Self
  • Hatched
  • Babies
Lv. 40 — 1,845 / 4,921
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ice
Happiness MAX
Bold nature
Lv. 31 — 408 / 2,977
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Calm nature
you haven’t seen any content here
PeanutsButter's AvatarPeanutsButter
Nickname: (What would you like to be called?) Peanuts (idrc) How long have you been drawing?: Traditional? Starting from 1st grade for as long as I can remember. As for digital, 2 or 3 years now but not much improvement since I haven't had much time You want to be a: (Pick either student or teacher) Student What is your speciality?: (What do you think you're best at drawing or simply have the most fun drawing?) Pokemon and Anime (But only headshots/Busts, can't draw hooman bodies yet) Weak Point: (What's something you just can't draw right no matter what.) Wrinkles in clothing but i'm working on that rn oh and human hands. I have a lot to work on Pokemon, but I wouldn't really call them "weak points" it's just i dislike my pokemon style Classes: (If you're applying as a student this is where you put what you wanna learn how to draww. However if you're applying as a teacher this is where you put what you wanna teach to the students! Can be one of the existing classes or something completely your own!) Cartoony Anatomy + Character Design, please Password: (OwO what's thish?) owo what's this?
Ahh uh so many to choose, i'll just go with Popplio
BTW just a quick note I think you didn't put the nobbcode brackets around the code for the form
Profile Pic made by Me Aspiring spirter and artist! Please check out my comic! Boop
StarlaSketch's AvatarStarlaSketch
@ Doduo + Braixen + Peanuts Eeee! Ya'll are accepted! @ Braixen + Peanuts Okay I know what Doduo wants to start with but what about you two? What class would you like to start with?
@Hannah Ehhh... There's a lil problem, in the veeeeery last part of your form...
15Hannah06's Avatar15Hannah06
you know, im just dumb, read everything but didnt think to look for a password xD Nickname:Hannah How long have you been drawing?: For about 5years, got my Tablet in 2017 You want to be a: Student What is your speciality?:uhh no idea xD Weak point: Humans, Hands, practically everything xD Classes:I'd like to go through the list aswell, since im struggling with many things ^^ Starting from top to bottom Password:Cyndaquil
Sakuri's AvatarSakuri
Could I do basic cute stuff please?
PeanutsButter's AvatarPeanutsButter
@Starla I'd like to start with anatomy!
Pøckychu's AvatarPøckychu
Nickname:Pocky (idk) How long have you been drawing?:For exactly 2 days :) You want to be a:Student What is your speciality?:Nothing Weak Point:Technically everything since I haven't done anything Classes:Everything except Redlining Password:Rowlet Note:I use Krita so if you don't like that I can use a different program. Also school starts in 2 days for me so I might be offline more than now
Typerace: 3200 Avatar Credit (Click)
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Gif.

Pages: 123··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2021 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page