PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Regarding currency

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 12

Kiryu's AvatarKiryu
When I said "equivalent" I meant "has the same value as" They /technically/ can be equivalent to real life money, but, as I said, it takes a LOT of credits to even start being worth a penny (5000CR per penny to be "exact"!) With that being said, why should credits have the same exact value as real life money? Why should 1 credit equal 1 dollar? That's not how this game works, and not how this currency works. If you can get more than one credit by clicking one button, and each credit was worth one dollar, that wouldn't make sense at all! I'd be filthy rich! That's why each credit is worth so little, because you can get SO MANY so easily! Can you walk into a store that's selling something for 100 dollars, and buy it with 100 pennies? No? Why not? Because 100 pennies are worth much less than 100 dollars!
Previously 'thedorkychicken'! Chicken | 23 | they/them 75GP shinies! | Art shop!
Volixagarde's AvatarVolixagarde
Because that's just not how it is. This is a fictional world with a fictional currency. Most MMOs have currency that doesn't quite line up with the real world. Our ZC is roughly $0.01 a piece, which would make credits (using standard conversion rates) worth anywhere from $0.0002 to just over $0.00014. Now, let's compare, say, a Tamato Berry's cost to it's real life counterpart. In the market here on PFQ, Tamato Berries sell for about 90 credits (of course, there's a lot of fluxuation, and so we'll just use that). Using the best conversion rate, that's about $0.018 per Tamato Berry. Just under 2 cents. In real life, a Roma Tomato (the only kind I could find average prices and sizes on) costs about $0.10 each. Doesn't quite add up, right? Other games have wacky conversion rates. On one Minecraft server I play on, a carrot costs 20 Coins, while a real life carrot may be $0.50. Most games are going to have unrealistic prices for various reasons. The main reason, for here, that credits have less worth here than USD is because you can get credits easily. I think each interaction gets you a couple of credits, and you can easily sell items to get 1,000s (if not millions for higher tier items) with no time. Similarly, in that Minecraft server, if carrots were the same price in Coins and Dollars, I'd be able to buy 40 times as many carrots in one go! I rambled on, but TL;DR, the easier a currency is to get, the less realistic the currency exchange will be.
Braìxen101's AvatarBraìxen101
?..........?
Avatar made by me for my use only and im proud of it Click this!!!!!
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when Held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 37 — 262 / 5,274
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryAspear Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryCheri Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
PsychicFairy
Happiness MAX
Impish nature
Kiryu's AvatarKiryu
If this isn't the answer to the question you're asking, what were you asking? What do you mean? There's obviously a misunderstanding happening somewhere in here.
I'm pretty much just confused here,
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
About what specifically though? It’s hard to really breakdown something without understanding what you’re confused about? To try to go back on some points, are you confused about why currency works the way it does and how people got the exchanges they have?
Avatar of my oc was created by SaintNevermore! My Journal: [x] My Sprite Dump: [x] Cosmog Sprite Project: [x]
*nods head*
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
Alright. Let me see if I can explain it in a simple way. Currency works the way it does due to how often you get a specific currency and what use it has.
Currency Credits Gold Poke ZC
Where to Get it Making Interactions Completing Scours Boxes Selling Items Task List Trade with users Voting in Contests Opening Boxes Gold Poké Vouchers Hypermode Contests Fabulous Friday Online Chain Trade with Users Trade with users Purchasing Zophan Canisters
Uses Buy Incense and Everstones Buy the PokéRadar Buy Mulch Buy Fields Permanently Mega Evolve Pokémon. Convert/Upgrade Relics Order eggs from the Egg Supplier Buy items off of the Market Board Buy Consumables Buy Account Upgrades Buy Tournament egg Recharge the Shiny Charm for Shiny Hunting Mega Evolve Pokémon Account Upgrades Charms Other Currencies Promotions. Premium Boxes Pokémon Costumes
So here's a terrible chart I did that I think might helpful. Credits are the easiest thing to get. You don't need to do anything big to receive it. You can also do quite a bit with it if you look at the uses. However, the thing with credits is that after a while, you need a lot of it to get any good use for it as depending on what kind of user you are, a good chunk of those uses cost quite a bit or you don't even care to buy. GP laid between ZC and Credits. There's not a lot of ways you can get it making it a bit rarish. The users it has for it actually doesn't too much, meaning you don't really need a lot of GP to get a specific thing. In fact, the most expensive upgrade I can think of is the expansion. However, the issue with this becomes getting another use for it. As a older user, I can say that finding a good use for GP becomes a bit tricky since there's not really a good sink if have a good chunk of what is listed in the uses. ZC is a premium currency that only has two ways to get it...so of course it's rare. You don't typically need a lot to get higher valued stuff. For example, if you want 1 million credits, you can buy a Relic Crown for 1,500 ZC, which should be around 17.62 USD, and just sell it. You get a lot of benefit with saving ZC because you can go ahead and save up for something like Hypermode. TDLR: Credits are easy to get and has many uses. However, those users may become pricy or something a user may not care about over time. GP is a bit tricky to get and most uses that it has don't take too much GP. However, it does build up. This is not good as there are few ways (in my opinion) to get rid of it in ways that may benefit you as a user. ZC is not easy to get but comes with things that does make life easier. You have great ways to get rid of it and gives you a reason to save. You don't need a lot of ZC for it to have a purpose. In terms of how people got the exchanges they have, it usually comes down to playing around with it or just following other uses exchanges. The latter is common for a good chunk of users on the site since people tend to have a exchange they feel is the 'norm'. I hope this rambling make sense. I did try my best to explain it as simple as I can.
selocon's Avatarselocon
As people have tried to explain, you can get over 50k credits a day. Easily. And while 50 GP isn't that hard to get in a day, it's not handed to you as a guarantee for playing. You have to make effort to gets lots of GP. More effort than sitting here and clicking a button a few thousand times. ZC on the other hand isn't easy to get. Why? Because I have to spend real money on that stuff, you think I'm gonna sell it on site for the equivalent of pennies? No.
Banner by Swag3Tails for my use only

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page