PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Exclusive Hunting for Dummies!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 12

OMG, I've been looking for something like this for a while now! Well, I won't be hunting anything for a while since I've bought no boosts yet, but this will definitely help a lot. I have just one question though. Do you think it's worth it to just rent a shiny charm box/shiny charm instead of buying it or will that cut too much into the funds? I've actually done one varient hunt. It was a nightmare since I was not prepared. Let's just leave it at that XD
Came back from yet another hiatus, sorry if I left anyone hanging uwu Started playing Genshin recently! If anyone is interested in chatting/playing with me, I take casual PMs, and I can send you my UID EDITED ON: 12/22/2021
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Hmmm....This is an odd one for me since I'm not too familiar with the rates for borrowing shiny charms, so I'm not sure exactly how much it'd cut into your funds. (I really have no frame of reference for it at all...ain't it like 50-70ishGP a pop? XV I really don't know) I'd say the most ideal situation would be buying your own charms and box, since it's such a useful tool to have for all of your hunts (and the eventual saved money of being able to charge your own charms), but I think for a singular hunt like this, it shouldn't cut too deep into your funds? Even when you own box/charms, you still need to pay to charge them yourself. It'll just save you money in the long run, especially with the more charms you buy. But at the steep price, it is a VERY long run before it becomes more cost-effective than just borrowing. It depends on how long your hunt goes. Especially for exclusive hunts, since you can go as fast as you like, you're spending (ideally) less days overall hunting and doing more each day, so you can get more out of daily boosts like charms/z-crystals. I'll just say, if the pricing Is what I think it is, even if your hunt lasted for 3 months (which would be a REALLY unfortunately long time for an ongoing exclusive hunt to go on for), and you borrowed a charm + box for even like 100GP a day every single day, it STILL wouldn't cost you as much as buying the charm + box beforehand. (100GP per day x 90 days = 9kGP which is ~1.8kZC, not even as much as a box, let alone the charms) HOWEVER, at the end of that excruciating hunt....you still wouldn't have the charms/box of your own, and would keep having to borrow them for any future hunts you would be going on. So, in terms of one single hunt? I don't think it's the worst idea in the world. If you want to keep shinyhunting in the future? Maybe try and save up for it.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Firestar's AvatarFirestar
I would like to point out a possible reason to especially consider selling Maravol: Maravol is an Exclusive that has account-locked patterns that are determined when the Egg hatches, which means for Maravol Pattern collectors it is imperative to trade between users, as mentioned before Exclusives are generally harder to find in the Shelter compared to nonexclusives, such as Scatterbug, whose final evolution, Vivillon, have account-locked patterns that are also determined when the Egg hatches. For Maravol hunting, I'd price the regulars higher just for the virtue of the nature of their account-locked patterns, as you can only hatch your own pattern. Fortunately for the community, AuracleOfBacon has compiled a guide of which users have what patterns here! As for Variants, only three Variants are known to have no special breeding method: Hallowe'en Witch Purrloin (commonly abbreviated as HW Purrloin), Vampire Gligar, and Early Bird Natu (commonly abbreviated as EB Natu). For these, the vanilla breeding method of breeding with like Egg Groups is your only option. In addition, the Variant known as Ryukuza has, or should have, a special breeding method that at present has yet to be discovered, and the Variant known as Glileo does not presently have a special breeding method, but it should have one after the next MCW or Mass Click Weekend. While we're on the topic of MCWs, it is important to note that every three MCWs presents the opportunity to be one of the first people to own a newly-released variant whose special breeding method cannot be used until the next MCW
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I'll make a note for Maravol, since it is a special case for exclusives because of that! For the breeding information, I linked to the wiki because the wiki has all of this information already, besides Ryukuza's missing breeding method + Glileo's future of having a breeding method. I might compile it into a hidebox for this guide, though, since it's a bit tedious to have to click each individually to see the breeding method, if there even is one. I'll make sure to mention that it takes until the next MCW for a variant's special breeding method to become possible! I wasn't thinking of that before, since I was only thinking of exclusives or how MCW pokes are account locked, but that's actually great advice! I'll make a note of that, definitely, thank you!
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
I love this guide. It's very useful for beginners!! I hope you don't mind ifff i share some of my own tips! - save eggs for sei day if you aren't actively hunting! If the next day will be reset get a head start on making some eggs! **remembering that eggs are released 24hours after their creation. - if you plan on hunting an unbreedable exclusive (ie newest seasons) make sure to have lots of GP and a z crystal for the new pokemon. Each egg costs the same as a cheap summon so only hunt with all boosts (you can exclude sei if you're trying for a day one discovery) -add people who hunt rus often to your vips, they make great users to click - get advice from other hunters for egg production expectations for hunts you havent attempted before (ie genderless or monogender exclusives and variants) so you can be aware of the amount of work that will be needed -collect exclusives with other peoples OTs to make pairs, if you see someone else exclusive hunting and the person doesn't mind. Reach out and ask to buy spares (might get some for free)
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
yööns's Avataryööns
hi just want to start off by saying thank you so much for this guide! i never attempted to hunt exclusives as it seemed too dificult but now i feel i can prepare thanks to this ^,^ i do have a question tho, are you able to nature hunt the same as regular pokes with the everstone or do you need to use another method?
shon ; 24
Nanab Berry

Nanab Berry

Berry

(: 0)

Bitter, but with a trace of sweetness, the Nanab Berry was the seventh to be discovered in the world.

Flavour: Bitter
Colour: Pink
Firmness: Very Hard
Growth time: 8 hours

Sells for 20

Lv. 52 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ground
Happiness 27%
Timid nature
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
I'm glad it could be useful for you! :D The everstone works in the same exact way for exclusives as it does for regular pokemon! I'm not aware of any differences in nature hunting between the two ^^
Prometheus's AvatarPrometheus
Not super necessary but thought I should comment that Sikannos and Shinorin should be added to the “What should I hunt” exception paragraph since they won’t be able to breed
Avatar - Garchomp from Pokemon Conquest
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Very good point, I've updated it! Thank you! :D
Lynavleder's AvatarLynavleder
very cute art, comprhenesive information, enjoyed a lot 👍 useful guide!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page