PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Are you gonna quit or stay?

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 16171819

Opalide's AvatarOpalide

QUOTE originally posted by Zorovern

I most likely won't be joining the new site, especially if it doesn't work on Safari. I remember either Niet or Garth saying some of the older browsers won't be supported, and I'm limited to using a 7-8 year old ipod touch gen4 that can't be updated or download new apps like,, 95% of the time. So if I can't access the new site from there it effectively kills my ability to hunt or participate in events. :/ Probably for the best because I have an unhealthy addiction to this site as well as multiple OCD compulsions related to it, but also for me it's not even a game anymore but a job or chore that must be done no matter what, even at the expense of my health. Anyway... tl;dr I'll stay on pfq as long as it exists but probably, like 90% likely at least, won't be transferring to the new one. Unless Niet decides to make it functional on Safari, but he really (rightfully) hates Safari so I'm not holding my breath lol.
Never really thought about this. I too use an unusual browser - though not obselete so much as a lack of publicy and knowledge about it. It'd be disappointing to see people forced off the new site simply because of their browser of choice. I for one wont be going back to the days of chrome/IE/Edge to continue playing pokefarm. It's really disappointing to hear that browser support might be an issue in the first place...

QUOTE originally posted by Opalide

QUOTE originally posted by Zorovern

I most likely won't be joining the new site, especially if it doesn't work on Safari. I remember either Niet or Garth saying some of the older browsers won't be supported, and I'm limited to using a 7-8 year old ipod touch gen4 that can't be updated or download new apps like,, 95% of the time. So if I can't access the new site from there it effectively kills my ability to hunt or participate in events. :/ Probably for the best because I have an unhealthy addiction to this site as well as multiple OCD compulsions related to it, but also for me it's not even a game anymore but a job or chore that must be done no matter what, even at the expense of my health. Anyway... tl;dr I'll stay on pfq as long as it exists but probably, like 90% likely at least, won't be transferring to the new one. Unless Niet decides to make it functional on Safari, but he really (rightfully) hates Safari so I'm not holding my breath lol.
Never really thought about this. I too use an unusual browser - though not obselete so much as a lack of publicy and knowledge about it. It'd be disappointing to see people forced off the new site simply because of their browser of choice. I for one wont be going back to the days of chrome/IE/Edge to continue playing pokefarm. It's really disappointing to hear that browser support might be an issue in the first place...
inb4 Garthic or Niet jumps in and says that browser compatibility won't be an issue after months of extensive research

Current Type Race Score: 489

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Art from official Hero Academia manga Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
Zorovern's AvatarZorovern
Well, I did manage to find this quote from Garth in the reboot thread;

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Unfortunately, there are just some browsers that are, frankly put, on a technical level... Better than others. Chrome will definitely work. Firefox will almost certainly work based on its current development. Edge is currently the one that we're most liable to have issues with... BUT Edge is actually changing to be Chromium-based so chances are that when they do update it, it'll be fine... And this is merely early development so it's gonna be ages before we release anything. Chances of them having updated are relatively decent, that in mind. Safari unfortunately, technically speaking... Sucks - to the point that Niet literally has a class called "safarisux" where it detects that you're on safari, it will change how tooltips work so that they actually work on Safari because it tries to do clever stuff that... We don't want it to do. Because it's not clever. >:/ /fitesSafari
So I mean,, it doesn't say Safari definitely won't work, but... there's probably a good chance that at least some things will be messed up, because Safari does indeed suck :P That's what I got from it anyway, correct me if I'm wrong.
(avatar credit)
Helioptile fanart made by me in the 3DS Colors!3D app.
× 225 / 500
fleura's Avatarfleura
i made two close friends on pf1, i believe i started in 2012. i even have some shinies that they gave me, but after the move from pf1 to pfq, i never saw them again. after i made an account here, i took a five year haitus, i just came back a month or two ago. ive gotten really into the site again, but yeah i was definitely shocked when i read about the reboot because well as i've said, before my haitus was when i moved from pf1 to pfq. my reaction was "again!!?" but now after reading the updates, it doesn't seem like anything to worry about or be wary about. i'll definitely be staying for now (and... hopefully not take another haitus for five more years haha)
pink n purple shiny & albino collector avatar (c) pokemon official art
Silverite Q's AvatarSilverite Q
I've thought about it but- *Warning: I actually spea my mind for once and when I do, it could get ugly* I'm sick of them remaking this- Sure it's only happened twice, but this site has only been around 10 years, and soon PF3 will be a thing, and if they try to make ANOTHER one, I'm quiting then and there. This site doesn't really mean much to me anymore. Every person I became friends with here has left or is on hiatus, so there is nothing for me here except an empty wallet for hypermode that I never know if this site will not be rebooted long enough to matter. So I'll try it, but the second anyone says anything about remaking that one, I'm leaving then and there and choosing having more food (Other than ramen) I may not be an adult, but I'm not wasting money on something that won't even remain relevant. At all. And at the end of the day, this site dpesn't matter to me anymore. The only thing it is is a time killer. It used to be so much more to me. It was a place I went to for help, It was a meeting place for friends, It was actually fun. It no longer has that. IDC what people say if I'm being dramatic, I said I would speak my mind, so I am.

Offensive! WARNING

I mean its not my fault if you didn't heed the warning

I'm going to say it, this site is kind of a cash grab. I get it that Niet and Garthic need to make money somehow and they put a lot of work into this site, but I'm done following it.
And I hate what I see with the reboot. So, yes. I'm done.
I have a spiky potato and potato wifi
selocon's Avatarselocon
I'm going to stay, but I have a question for all the people quitting/considering quitting. Why is it okay for something like Minecraft to essentially remake their game a hundred+ times, but not for PFQ to do so? And note that MC is probably not the best example (since you can bring worlds into the new version) but it stil applies--each minecraft "update" is essentially a new game with some familiar stuff and some new stuff. Games do it all the time. One game I'm getting back into, just earlier this year, completely redid it's combat system, tutorial, much of the story, and basically everything that had been in place since open beta started. Why is it okay for that game to do it but not PFQ? I don't need (or want, honestly) a response, but consider that food for thought. Do I like everything new on my game? Yeah...no. Some of the new mechanics are clunky, or restrict you to specific roles that might not suit your style/class all that well. But I'm getting used to it, and the new system is more streamlined and works better. But there was outrage from those of us in the older community, including myself, but it happened anyway, and it's a better game cause of it. Food for thought #2: Maybe give the new game a chance before you deem something bad?

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

I'm going to stay, but I have a question for all the people quitting/considering quitting. Why is it okay for something like Minecraft to essentially remake their game a hundred+ times, but not for PFQ to do so? And note that MC is probably not the best example (since you can bring worlds into the new version) but it stil applies--each minecraft "update" is essentially a new game with some familiar stuff and some new stuff. Games do it all the time. One game I'm getting back into, just earlier this year, completely redid it's combat system, tutorial, much of the story, and basically everything that had been in place since open beta started. Why is it okay for that game to do it but not PFQ? I don't need (or want, honestly) a response, but consider that food for thought. Do I like everything new on my game? Yeah...no. Some of the new mechanics are clunky, or restrict you to specific roles that might not suit your style/class all that well. But I'm getting used to it, and the new system is more streamlined and works better. But there was outrage from those of us in the older community, including myself, but it happened anyway, and it's a better game cause of it. Food for thought #2: Maybe give the new game a chance before you deem something bad?
With Minecraft you don't have to restart every few years. And the new game no longer appeals. Pokefarm as a whole doesn't feel the sam.e
ThreeDog's AvatarThreeDog

QUOTE originally posted by Silverite Q

I may not be an adult, but I'm not wasting money on something that won't even remain relevant. At all. So, yes. I'm done.
That's... literally anything though. Everything from computers and phones to game consoles do not stay "relevant" as you say. Things change and become upgraded and enhanced as time goes on. I'm not following your logic here.

QUOTE originally posted by ThreeDog

QUOTE originally posted by Silverite Q

I may not be an adult, but I'm not wasting money on something that won't even remain relevant. At all. So, yes. I'm done.
That's... literally anything though. Everything from computers and phones to game consoles do not stay "relevant" as you say. Things change and become upgraded and enhanced as time goes on. I'm not following your logic here.
When I'm looking to spend money on something it is either multiple use, like my laptop. I use it for this, emailing, and working. Also education. this site doesn't carry that
sëlkïr's Avatarsëlkïr

QUOTE originally posted by First post of Pokefarm "Reboot"

Q: What's to say that another version isn't going to be built after this one? A: To be blunt and completely honest with you... With the things that are being planned, we'd sooner quit than rebuild everything again. We are building "PokéFarm, the definitive edition". There will be no more new versions after this.
@Silverite Q They've already said they're not planning on making a new version after this, as stated in the Pokefarm Reboot thread. So I'm not sure what you're worried about to be honest. On top of that, you should be able to transfer just about everything over to the new site, so I don't understand how it's a waste of your money? It's just as much of a waste as it was to spend it before you knew about the reboot.

In reply to your 'Offensive' bit.

Might sound kinda rude, but I'm kinda tired of people complaining about this

It's. Really. Not necessary to pay for things? The only time I've ever 'bought' ZC was when I traded an iTunes gift card for some and I've spent many times more than I got from that? I don't understand why people complain about this, it's just a basic fact of life that you either take time to do something yourself, or pay someone else to do it for you. In this case, I can take the time, to get the items needed to trade for ZC, or I can say, nah, I don't want to take that much time, and buy it off the site, or someone else.
I do custom hunts! Order here. This looks really empty now that I got rid of my signature. I used to be Silverclawzz, you can still call me silver, or just sel/selk is fine

Pages: 123··· 16171819

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page