PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

User Block Option

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

Camwoodstock's AvatarCamwoodstock
Hard no support, for no other reason than this would be a pain to program for what would ultimately result in way too much drama for this place's own good.

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

Honestly if you can't stand seeing someones name because of their views, then you need to double check how you look at anyone.
And if you double check and they're still that bad... go see an actual therapist! That can't be good for your mental health if seeing a name is enough to send you into catatonics, odds are you have an actual mental illness.
Source: Eastern Mind (MS-DOS), the Chu-Teng Symbol
~CWS - THE EPIC BLUNDER~
{Cam | Genderfluid | Born: Yes | Single | Dork | Plays video games | 132nd Skywatcher} Uhh... Nothing. More to come, hopefully Icon: Boxart for Japanese-only game "Chu-Teng" (name romanized)
I said I wasn't going to post here again, but I feel like I should respond to this. I'm for real not going to continue the discussion past this point because I don't have the energy to keep defending my desire for a way to guard my peace of mind.

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

Honestly if you can't stand seeing someones name because of their views, then you need to double check how you look at anyone.
Genuine question, if I'm not supposed to judge a person by their views on serious matters such as whether or not minorities deserve respect, what am I supposed to judge them by? I think I have a right to dislike people who think I'm less than human for reasons out of my control.

Everyone doesn't share the same views as you. Some people's views are, unfortunately, old fashioned views that people will probably never stop seeing.
I'm aware of that. I was raised around them. I have spent my roughly two decades of existence trying to be a good person in spite of being surrounded by that.

No matter where you go, there's going to be people with outlandish, ignorant, or old fashioned views. Wanting to block them for that is kinda dumb.
Again, I'm aware. I have to get along with my coworker the open Trump supporter--who thinks immigrants and minorities aren't people--and get misgendered every day by people who think trans people are delusional, but I use the Internet to relax and get away from that. I'd argue that it's perfectly reasonable to block people who make you feel unsafe/uncomfortable--it's a function on the overwhelming majority of social sites for that reason. I'm pretty sure is the first social site I've been on that doesn't have it, something that's always struck me as really odd. Just because awful people exist doesn't mean we should all have to deal with them all the time.

QUOTE originally posted by Camwoodstock

And if you double check and they're still that bad... go see an actual therapist! That can't be good for your mental health if seeing a name is enough to send you into catatonics, odds are you have an actual mental illness.
I hate playing this card, but since you brought it up, fun fact: I've seen therapists and I have multiple mental illnesses, including PTSD and several anxiety disorders. And that's hyperbole--literally all I said is that seeing known bigots leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Andrew/Drew | he/him | not a minor I'm autistic, and consequently I often struggle with tone and social cues. Please assume good faith, as I'm usually trying to be polite, and be patient with me. Human rights aren't politics, they're a matter of humanity.
Zen's AvatarZen
I never said you can't judge them. But when just seeing their name upsets you all because of their views, that's a problem. You're letting one thing about them make them out to be a monster all because their views dont line up with yours or how you would want their views to be. Once you start blocking anyone who makes you uncomfortable without doing anything else about it, all you're doing is blocking people for often times tiny things that could easily just be a misunderstanding, without even trying to solve the issue.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
selocon's Avatarselocon
All blocking does is put a bandaid on the issue. It does NOTHING, ABOSULTELY NOTHING, to solve the problem. You know what does? OMG, REPORTING! It's the end of the world, staff actaully deals with issues here! /s Sarcasm asside, it's like getting a restraining order against someone abusive but not calling the cops and sending them to jail for it. Which would you rather have? A bad person out there to do that to others but not you, or that person in a position they can't hurt ANYONE anymore? It's the same here. Would you rather block someone only for them to move on to someone else, or would you rather report them and have the issue handled so they can't move on to someone else?
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 2659
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
Great, let's critisism the personal way to a victim from abuse for dealing with their problems instead of taking in account their feelings. /s From the start I'm proposing a block option that can go with a report. Like one who doesn't requiert the wait of a member of staff to make something. You block, you give a reason for that (like maybe an option box so it seems more "friendly" to someone who may have issue with the idea of filling a standart report), you don't need to see the user again and the staff can deal with the rest. But I don't like at all your way of talking, let's take an exemple, do you feel like right to go to a victim from abuse and say "Eh, why you did not do that instead?"
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
if someone is a 'victim of abuse' on this website if someone is being abused On This Website mods need to know. if we have blocks that require you to fill out a report, what's stopping people who are in this position from doing that already? why can't people who are being abused(tm) on this site fill a report? what if someone is having a panic attack, like you claimed, and is unable to fill out the report necessary in order to block someone, so now they can neither block the person nor report them? i thought the problem with reporting was that you couldn't do so from stress; how would making you fill a report with a block solve the problem? the suggestion of a more 'friendly' report layout with checkboxes sounds like an entirely different suggestion than this one, and sounds almost counterproductive, making the report a big ol form that could be harder to approach than just telling someone what's wrong, but i digress. even if it was implemented, i dont know why it would need to come bundled with a blocking function, if just the report function is what is needed to be modified. also, i don't know what corner of this website you're using that regularly dives into such heavy topics like politics that would be brought up and discussed in a way that would be actively distressing, but like....it certainty isn't anywhere on my radar. there's plenty of places on this website that is 100% free from that content. if you don't want to be exposed to it and just want to chill out, believe me, that's totally possible on this website. (fun fact: you dont need to go on the forums AT ALL to enjoy this website! you can even steer away from the trades forum if you're that anxious! there's a lot of stuff to do you can do by yourself! you don't need to go into discussion forums or journals!) and if the problem is stuff that you know about a person because of things they said offsite....that stuff's offsite, more than likely on a platform where you can block said person. you aren't being exposed to it here. if people say abusive things on this site, they can and will be punished, as long as mods are notified of it. a huge reason why PFQ doesn't have a block function is because, unlike most websites, PFQ is MODERATED. People are NOT ALLOWED to say messed up stuff here. People can and will be held accountable if they say something harmful, or hurt other users, especially if it goes as far as abuse. And instead of things being reported and maybe in 2 months you'll get an automatic email saying it'll be looked into; the moderation is extremely responsive, usually getting back to you well less within a day (sometimes even just an hour or two!), especially if it's a serious matter. You don't need to block here because people don't have free reign to say or do whatever they like with little to no consequence, unlike other sites.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
I really don't feel like reading all the replies here so sorry if this sounds like something someone else says. I did read the comment about a drop down and it made me think of something. I know a lot of people find reporting difficult because it is so open ended. If there was a drop down that could help people lessen their anxiety. Also perhaps they could easily add a block feature in the report function. So if you want to block someone you would have to report them. You could tick a checkbox at the bottom "would you like to block this user?" So it's not a requirement but something for the peace of mind. I get that it's a bandaid feature but if you have to report to block them then that helps out.
Avatar of a Bannette/Tyranitar Fusion was made by BumbleJuice Avatar of a Tyranitar/Grimmsnarl Fusion was made by AmazedFurz Avatar of the Goodra Fusion was made by SailorSCTk Avatar of Flurbet was made by Cynda
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
If you're already reporting the person, why does there need to be a block option? If you're reporting someone for double posting or bumping too early, why should you be given the option to block that user? and, as I said before, if the issue is with reporting, that is not relevant to this suggestion. There does not need to be a block option if what is required is an update to the reporting system. I really don't see how blocking helps anything, if the person in question is going to be reported and their actions corrected by mods anyway.
Hootie's AvatarHootie
This has been rejected numerous times before. If a user is harassing you, causing you problems, or is doing behavior you feel is not appropriate, please report them. If you have told a user to not to speak to you, and they continue to do so, please report them. If they are breaking rules, please report them. When you report you are giving us - the moderators - the opportunity to remove a bad egg from our community, or at the very least direct them towards our rules and guide them on the right path. If we had a block feature the likelihood that we can actually interact with these users and deal with the situation would drop significantly. Why report when you can just simply block them, etc? As of such we appreciate all time and effort you - our users - spend in sending in reports, you protect not only yourself, but the community.
Black Lives Matter Pride Month Avatar by Dorgoat

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page