PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Accessibility for blind users

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Niet's AvatarNiet
I received a support ticket today, from a blind user. While this particular user doesn't have any issues navigating PFQ using their accessibility tools, apparently others do. If you are a user of such tools, please feel free to let me know what you have issues with, and I'll do what I can to improve the experience for you. Thank you! EDIT: As a first step, I'd like to resolve the issue mentioned in the ticket: for some screen readers, it is not possible to interact with Pokémon in Fields. I believe this should now be resolved, and the name of the Pokémon should appear. It might appear twice though (once for the big sprite, once for the icon) but hey it's better than nothing at all, right? :D
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
privorda's Avatarprivorda
Hi, I did try out your solution and it works quite well, thanks a lot for this solution. A small problem i encounter, is that i should press several hotkeyswhen i want to use an item in the inventory, i mean, on most links and items i can hit the enter button and it opens up fine, but when i want to use items from the inventory or want to select a berry i wish to plant in the berry garden, i should use a strange hotkey, which does work for me, but can be done easier ... Hopefully this doesn't sound to vague ... Greetz mike
Niet's AvatarNiet
I might need a little more detail on that, but the items do require you to click on them to "lock" the tooltip so that you can then access the buttons. Is this maybe interfering somehow?
I honestly think it does, cause on most parts of the website a press on the enter button does the trick, like, clicking links, feeding berries, holding eggs, and opening the images on the fields, but in the inventory and while planting berries, the simple press on the enter button doesn't do to much. There is an option in the screen reader i use, jaws, to enter an alternative mode, and simulating a left mouse click, which you will do with your mouse, but i do this with a button on the keyboard. When i want to access the buttons you mention, i need to simulate the left mouse click instead of just pressing the enter button. As you said, perhaps the blocking the tooltip structure requires me to perform tricks. Cause the method i use, isn't standard screenreader navigation ... But before i can simulate the left mouse button, i need to press a rather strange hotkey before it works, that's on what i mean with doing tricks. It appears as a piece of rambling to me on what i wrote above, but hopefully it makes things a little bit more clear ...
Niet's AvatarNiet
I see... Unfortunately, it used to be easier to access those buttons, but people kept "accidentally" (somehow) selling the items from Scour Missions when they didn't intend to, so the buttons were "hidden" behind the need to explicitly click the item. I'll have a look, but this one might not be fixable in the current implementation.
I did give it a try with nvda, and it turns out to be easier to do then with jaws, if it indeed isn't fixable, i can provide a solution for the people using nvda to work a bit around it. ____________ Hi there, I got a question regarding the shelter, and i encounter it myself as well, that the same vague image descriptions are being fired at us. Is it possible to give the same labels to the shelter as on what you did to the fields? It will make them far more readable for jaws users and usable for NVDA users. Greetz mike ____________ Hi again, I remember another small unclear aspect which will need proper labling. While When i want to put pokémon from my party into the daycare, i can't see on what pokémon i put in, cause of the images showing up, instead of the names. This also occurs when i want to send pokémon into scour missions from my party, this also appears when trading from the party. in fact, all the interactions between activities like the ones i mentioned above, and your party, give this kind of unclear labels. This looks like if only the gender of the pokémon is being shown in the form of an image ... Greetz mike ____________ Mod edit: Posts merged and separated for clarity.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2019 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | WikiGet shortlink for this page