PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Report Rewards

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Gørdeen's AvatarGørdeen
Rewards for reporting? I don't really think we need to be rewarded to report someone, imo :/ You earn currency by playing the game and not from reporting people and.. Hypermode is (I think) the main source of income for the site No support
Duskar's AvatarDuskar
Does it have to be a ‘tangible’ reward? Gold Stars used to be a thing and they were given to posts the staff team thought were good. Like well thought out posts that were beneficial. In my experience, at least, with the reports I made before I presume gold stars were removed, each report that was pursued got a gold star. Sort of like a sticker for saying hey good job. It’s not a reward that can actually be used in any way, but it was something. Those report gold stars were private purely between the reporter and the staff, so unless someone really wanted to go for it, there was no competition around it or anything. Just a hey good job. Honestly I liked gold stars and some of the posts they were given to were pretty good. I think I remember one novel of a post where someone explained something like why a suggestion wouldn’t work. In the end I think the thanks from the staff team, even if it is somewhat generic copy-paste (I get it, I know you lot don’t have a lot of time so having a generic message is better than personalising replies!) is pretty neato. You got a thank you for doing something helpful for them. It’s nice that they acknowledge your contribution because a lot of other sites don’t even do that :0
🇦🇺 he/him they/them (unlicensed) | 21+ ||Avatar is official Ace Attorney anime screencap||
Eggy's AvatarEggy
No support. I see no point in getting rewards for reporting bad behavior, unless said rewards are not something that holds worth and can be used somewhere for some purpose (e.g. currency). What I'm saying is that if there were to be a reward of some sort, I think it should be more of a pat on the back - for example, on another site I once reported a small art piece that had traced over someone else's artwork (which is a no-no), and the only reward I have received alongside praise was a badge shaped like a police badge on my profile, no things like a very useful item or a perk. Basically, it's a completely cosmetic reward, and even then this kind of reward can be prone to abuse if the system behind it is not implemented well (fortunately, on the site I received the reward it looks to be manual and well handled).
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
xie lian's Avatarxie lian

QUOTE originally posted by Dingo Blue

Does it have to be a ‘tangible’ reward? Gold Stars used to be a thing and they were given to posts the staff team thought were good. Like well thought out posts that were beneficial. In my experience, at least, with the reports I made before I presume gold stars were removed, each report that was pursued got a gold star. Sort of like a sticker for saying hey good job. It’s not a reward that can actually be used in any way, but it was something. Those report gold stars were private purely between the reporter and the staff, so unless someone really wanted to go for it, there was no competition around it or anything. Just a hey good job. Honestly I liked gold stars and some of the posts they were given to were pretty good. I think I remember one novel of a post where someone explained something like why a suggestion wouldn’t work. In the end I think the thanks from the staff team, even if it is somewhat generic copy-paste (I get it, I know you lot don’t have a lot of time so having a generic message is better than personalising replies!) is pretty neato. You got a thank you for doing something helpful for them. It’s nice that they acknowledge your contribution because a lot of other sites don’t even do that :0
Really? gold stars look better than curr3ncy now,
avatar is official art from a project sekai card
× 0 / 50
(i am NOT collecting summons they just look cute)
Duskar's AvatarDuskar

QUOTE originally posted by Silkywày55

[snip] Really? gold stars look better than curr3ncy now,
squint A good job sticker on a post locked away in a part of the site only a very small handful of users will be able to access has way less impact on the site than injecting free currency into it. Currency isn’t hard to get. GP rewards had to be drastically lowered some time ago because the GP market was absolute garbage. Credits are super easy to earn just by clicking, or farm berries and sell them. Or you could knock off a few tasks from the task list :0 ZC is a premium currency. It cannot be obtained without money being spent somewhere along the line. It kinda keeps the site alive so devaluing it by just handing it out is...oof. And dang a day of hyper mode? That’s a lot just for one thing that could be, like Selocon said, ‘early bump’ or ‘unmarked game spoilers’. Is it really not enough of a reward to know that you helped make the site better, even if in such a small way as pointing out a broken rule to authorities. I would make a guess and say a fair chunk of reports the staff handle are first/small offences. Hardly worth getting something like hyper mode for that. And then the involved staff member/s would have to add an extra job to their plate - handing out rewards. I imagine awarding a gold star could be something as simple as a staff-only dropdown option, like upvoting, on the post itself. As opposed to setting up a gift with a reward that has to come from somewhere. Maybe I’m old and jaded given I’ve been on pfq since closed beta so I’ve seen the economy fluctuate, just like a lot of people have, and oof ouch no thankies no more freebies please ;-;
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Upvotes have replaced gold stars in that regard, so that even normal users can use it to show their agreement. Beyond that, the suggestion for rewards could go wrong in so many ways and isn't even needed. You agreed to follow the rules and be a decent human being upon joining the site. This includes reporting something that breaks the rules.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
If this was a thing say someone reports someone every 24 hours, then they will just be getting free hypermode. And plus people will just be reporting other users for no reason. I'm not sure if there is, but if there is, it would say "Reason For Report". Then users who just want Free Hypermode will just make up a stupid excuse, then get that Hypermode. No support, sorry man.

My Shop

By some items,pokemon,or get some Dexes! Fun for everyone Made by MochaFox
If I order a sprite and I forget to pay,PM me!!! PM ME I NEED FRIENDS

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page